Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3: Any Good?

Orayn

Limp Gawd
I'm finalizing my new Core 2 build, and I was wondering if this motherboard has any serious problems. I do plan to overclock, just not right away. (I was going to get Intel's lower-end offering, but it's not no overclocking options whatsoever.)

It is a pretty solid mobo especially for the price. Good oc'ing options, I am pretty darn confident you will be pleased.

Im using it right now and no problems in site. Works with my corsair XMS DDR2-800 2 gigs ram and my X-Fi card great.

Hey Chicken,

What are the timings and voltage on the Corsair RAM you have? I've got a few cases of the DS3 having issues with OCZ 6400 and some Gskill. Just wanted to make sure if it's narrowed down to the RAM.

I don't like ds3... :mad:

It gave me nothing but trouble... I'm sitting on asus p5b banilla... A solid board...

It has it's quorks of course but stable... me likes...

Brahmzy said:
The 965 mobo of choice among enthusiasts!
The 965 chipset is the mid-level chipset from Intel. The 975x is their enthusiast product line. Just be aware that Core 2 Duo support is universal for the 965 chipset, but varies from motherboard to motherboard for the 975x chipset.

mayakindaguy said:
Hey Chicken,

What are the timings and voltage on the Corsair RAM you have? I've got a few cases of the DS3 having issues with OCZ 6400 and some Gskill. Just wanted to make sure if it's narrowed down to the RAM.

Heres what im using, worked right of the box

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145590

Timing 5-5-5-12
Voltage 1.9V

i know timings arn't great but i grabbed these for $155 AR

The reviews for the DS3 board have been fantastic, but it is primarily praised for its ability to support very high front-side bus (FSB) speeds. Reviews have stated that the Vcore drops quite a bit when pushing high 300's to low 400's on the FSB, but the board was very stable at high clock rates.

I like the feature set of the DS4 model, but I am unable to locate it via my favorite e-tailers.

From what I've heard, the DS4 is only available in Europe right now. Don't know why.

Back