Gigabyte G1.Assassin / OC Orange

Vega

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know if the Gigabyte G1.Assassin / OC Orange motherboards will be released anytime soon? Looking to get one of these paired up with a 990x.

latest ive read was by the end of feb we would see these boards but also it was indicated they were going to be pricey...
I personally dont like the look of the southbridge gun clip..looks kinda tackey...the boards themselves look to be performers tho...its really hard to believe that they would be better than the r3 formula or even the x58 sabertooth....i just finished a build using the sabertooth/950 and what a nice board it is..got a 4.2 o/clock in just minutes of playing with bios...its a shame the customer wants a stock running machine but wanted a mid high line system...
Ill also bet the r3 formula will be a better looking board in a windowed case than the giga assasin boards with that goofy looking S/bridge heatsink..i really cant get past that thing....

I should be getting one next week. WIll be postting a review in the weeks to follow.

Wish i could afford a 990X!
might be able to squeeze enough out of my budget for a 970.......maybe....
:-(

The G1 is an XL-ATX board and will not fit in the 800D. Mine is currently in a Thermaltake Element V Nvidia edition. I cannot use the last two expansion slots on the board, because the case only has 7 expansion slots, but the board will fit, as there is enough room above the power supply.
There are only a few choices of cases that the G1 will fit into and be able to use all of the expansion ports. The Rosewill is one of them, and the HAF-X is another.
Then the choices get pretty slim and pretty expensive. Basically you need a tower with a minimum of 9 expansion slots if you want to be able to do 4 way crossfire.

Last edited:
Back