Gigabyte D3 rev 2.0

jsbond0071

n00b
Guys,

I read a very good two page updated review on the DS3 rev 2.0 board last week. The problem is that i forgot the site. It showed what settings to use in order to achieve 515 fsb consistantly. Infact it used four different processors of the same kind to prove the settings were correct.

Could someone who read the same review please provide me with the link.

Greatly appreciated.

James.

ds3 rev2 definitely is overall more solid than rev1, especially c1's (if not only directed at those). I had a lot less trouble, although the board was still more finicky than anything else I've ever used in the prior generations. Forced cold starts, although that's not such a big deal since asus and more do them too now. False starts are still a little quirky with the rev2, although way better than rev1 it would seem (I've used both). With a failed cpu speed, rev2 does a good job of recovering after one or two false starts. Memory usually requires a poweroff at the psu and it'll be fine to boot after one or two tries of that (I hear holding reset works too). This one is a more problematic with my rev1, and for some reason, I'd often have to let the board sit off for a while before it'll want to post again (even if I reset cmos) unless I yank a stick of ram (d9gmh).

It should be noted that the picture shown at that review is a generic ds3 shot. The electrical components were changed quite a bit (looks like more than just capacitors and a few inductors are solid now). The heatsink is now a gigabyte stamped one, instead of that curvy generic. The southbridge does have a heatsink. Not sure why that popular generic one doesn't show one. Not that this is of any major importance, the rev1 has fins on the heatsink for sb that aren't separated. In rev2, not only are there rows of fins, they are separated like most heatsinks

will those settings from the legion hardware site work with the rev. 1.0 board ?

Back