Gigabyte AORUS ELITE ..mouse freezing unless on USB3 port..etc strangeness?

atarione

2[H]4U
Hello, So I have just performend my first AMD build in near about 12~ years. Things **mostly have gone ok I have the XMP Profile active on my DDR4 3200 (seems to be fine so far)

I have several problems.. 1st off my Steelseries Sensei 310 was freaking out at first plugged into usb 2 port (well hub connected to port) ... would work about 20~seconds after plugging it in then just freeze. My old Sensei MLG was working fine hooked up to front usb 3 or 2 ports?? eventually I move the 310 to a USB 3 port on the mb and it seems to be working fine.

At first this system wouldn't shutdown / sleep properly (or resume properly - requiring reboot) ... blah blah enable ErP in the bios seems to sleep / shutdown / resume ok now..

Anyone else have a Aorus B550 any similar issues?

what should I consider ~fine in CPUID HwMonitor temps wise (running Cryorig H5) I'm confused as to why TMPIN2 shows such a drastically hight max temp than the other sensors?

hwmon.png

All in all,having little time to mess about thigs seem generally pretty zippy... I have been using a i7-4770K since 2014 up till today.. My wife should be getting the i7-4770k as soon as I have time / am confident this AMD build is stable / solid?

temps look fine and it's idling at the proper voltage(also recommend switching to HWiNFO64 over HWmonitor). one thing i'd suggest is installing the chipset drivers from AMD's site, see if that fixes the USB issue. personally i use my USB 2.0 ports on my x570 elite for peripherals, no point in using 3.0. could be the hubs not getting enough power for the mouse if it's got RGB or other crap on it.

TPIN2 might be the socket temp sensor given how close in temp it is to the CPU. the top two are probably system temp sensors(the x570 model has 2 system + a pcie x16 temp sensor) temp 3 and 4 might be VRMOS and temp 5 i'd guess is the chipset. but HWiNFO would actually show the proper names for the sensors.

I had a similar problem with a mouse plugged into one of the USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports on my ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming. It has no USB 2.0 ports at all on board although there are USB 2.0 headers on the board. It turned out that I plugged into one of the ports that are connected directly to the CPU instead of one of the ports that are connected to the chipset. The ports connected to the CPU are to be used only for storage devices, in this particular case.

ok thank you guys good information... curious about how the temp sensors work on the AMD procs... but fair enough.

Slowly~ but somewhat surely seem to be getting things pretty sorted.. my Steinberg UR22mkII was making intermittent screeching sounds... seem to have sorted this out with driver update /touch wood hasn't occurred again in over an hour.

I have also updated the Bios to F2 from F1 now and installed the AMD chipset drivers ... it is looking like things are working pretty well now.. I may or may not overclock this thing.. for now probably not, because I need to get to work next week and I don't want the pc crashing due to oc issues / tuning in the midst of work.. but all in all looking oc... like it pretty well so far.. didn't enjoy the mouse freezing so much but seems to be sorted out ok for now.

ok thank you guys good information... curious about how the temp sensors work on the AMD procs... but fair enough.

Slowly~ but somewhat surely seem to be getting things pretty sorted.. my Steinberg UR22mkII was making intermittent screeching sounds... seem to have sorted this out with driver update /touch wood hasn't occurred again in over an hour.

I have also updated the Bios to F2 from F1 now and installed the AMD chipset drivers ... it is looking like things are working pretty well now.. I may or may not overclock this thing.. for now probably not, because I need to get to work next week and I don't want the pc crashing due to oc issues / tuning in the midst of work.. but all in all looking oc... like it pretty well so far.. didn't enjoy the mouse freezing so much but seems to be sorted out ok for now.

personally i'd probably just leave it stock, the boost on the 3600 is pretty damn aggressive that it usually stays at or near max boost on all cores that the 100-200mhz you might gain from overclocking isn't that noticeable unless you're actually trying to render stuff.

as far as the cpu temp goes, it's the average temp of the entire cpu chiplet instead of a per core temp that intel gives on their cpu's.

Back