Okay guys this one is a treat and I hope you guys can help me.
I recently rebuilt my main rig. just swapped out my motherboard and ram and cpu. I really couldnt get a stable boot, and I concluded that my 500 Watt power supply did not have enough amperage on the 12v Rails and was just under powering the system.
So I upgraded the power supply to a Rosewill Green Series 630W single 12V@50A which should be able to handle the load.
Phenom II X4 965, 8800 GT, GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3, 4GB Geil Dragon Series, DVD Burner, and Western Digital 500 GB.
But again a lack of stable boots, or hang ups within a few minutes of windows booting. Or sometimes it would be stable for hours, and then freeze. I would usually have to restart several times to get a stable boot I could work with for a few hours.
I was able to run memtest, and got all kinds of errors so I returned the RAM, the cpu showed no errors on a burn in test. I replaced the ram with some crucial DDR3-1333
The problems persisted...
Next I tried several different hard drives and a different DVD Drive. Same problems.
Finally I tried the replacing the mother board and, still no luck, same issues.
So now I am at my wits end, it comes down to two components in my mind, The CPU or the graphics card. The CPU is out of RMA time frame and the video card is 3 years old.
Now I'm trying to figure out what can help decide which component to try next? The video card has shown no rendering issues, but I do notice that sucker getting loud as hell even after the freezes when I leave it on.
Any Suggestions? I wish I had on board video to rule out the video card.
I recently rebuilt my main rig. just swapped out my motherboard and ram and cpu. I really couldnt get a stable boot, and I concluded that my 500 Watt power supply did not have enough amperage on the 12v Rails and was just under powering the system.
So I upgraded the power supply to a Rosewill Green Series 630W single 12V@50A which should be able to handle the load.
Phenom II X4 965, 8800 GT, GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3, 4GB Geil Dragon Series, DVD Burner, and Western Digital 500 GB.
But again a lack of stable boots, or hang ups within a few minutes of windows booting. Or sometimes it would be stable for hours, and then freeze. I would usually have to restart several times to get a stable boot I could work with for a few hours.
I was able to run memtest, and got all kinds of errors so I returned the RAM, the cpu showed no errors on a burn in test. I replaced the ram with some crucial DDR3-1333
The problems persisted...
Next I tried several different hard drives and a different DVD Drive. Same problems.
Finally I tried the replacing the mother board and, still no luck, same issues.
So now I am at my wits end, it comes down to two components in my mind, The CPU or the graphics card. The CPU is out of RMA time frame and the video card is 3 years old.
Now I'm trying to figure out what can help decide which component to try next? The video card has shown no rendering issues, but I do notice that sucker getting loud as hell even after the freezes when I leave it on.
Any Suggestions? I wish I had on board video to rule out the video card.