GFWL Removed: Arkham Asylum & Arkham City

excellent!...hopefully the DiRT games will remove GFWL soon as well as Dark Souls

I'm hoping Capcom does something about this blight upon their games.

I may get back around to playing both Arkham games. Not sure how I feel about the new one though.

I have both batman games bought on steam during sales and haven't had a chance to play either, so I'm good to go and didn't lose anything.

Capcom is still silent on fixing their games.

I'm hoping Capcom does something about this blight upon their games.

I may get back around to playing both Arkham games. Not sure how I feel about the new one though.
Same here.

I'm not even sure Capcom does their own PC ports so they would have to get QLOC or whoever to actually do the switch. I'm thinking that Capcom is hoping people forget when Ultra SF4 is released.

I know this is cynical as hell, but it might actually be a greater good to see a game or two go down in the GWFL flames, as a lesson to be told future generations.

Can't get GFWL to connect to the internet. Any ideas? Obviously I'm typing this so my internet works. :)
Trying to retrieve my code for Batman to add it to Steam.

Retail keys aren't working yet.... at least for AA. I did also somehow get a free upgrade to AC GOTY though....

Oh ok. I was trying to use my key from Gamefly for Arkham City. I still purchased all the DLC from GFWL. I guess I still need access to my account to see what the serial numbers for those are.

Speaking of Batman, the new one's coming out soon. Anyone else pretty excited?

Capcom is still silent on fixing their games.

Not so, my good sir!

CAPCOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/864976115731468729/#c810938082544346928

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Capcom!

As GFWL will be closing down, the client will be removed from games and you will still be able to play your games.

Unfortunately we do not have any details yet of how this will be done and when.

Regards,

Carlos G.
Capcom Technical Support

Just found this. great news

I already had Arkham City in my Steam library but I just noticed that they gave me a free copy of Arkham City GOTY edition as well...nice!...I always wanted to play the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC

They just patched... back GfWL in AC? I don't know what's going on any more. <sigh>

And another patch just minutes ago. Maybe they got it right this time.

Someone let me know when the dust settles... I tried to fire up AC a few weeks ago and it couldnt reach the gfwl server so i couldn't play.

Glad I finished Asylum before this happened. I just barely started City so not an issue there. I had SO many problems getting those games working right with GFWL. I kept getting random crashes that ended up being attributed to that.

GFWL in Dead Rising 2 is a pain in the ass...glad to hear Capcom is getting rid of it as well.

Looks like they updated both games to the GOTY editions for people that have it on Steam. Awesome.

Wonderful there goes 30 hours down the drain. A little heads up would have been nice.

That is very good news! I'm waiting for my next GPU upgrade to play Arkham City. Now I'm looking forward to it even more!

wow awesome...both updated to GOTY!

haven't played since a couple years back since my progress was wiped during the first GFWL snafu. downloading both now :D

[How to!] Use old GFWL savegame in Steamwork version

I had the regular Batman AC copy on steam with purchased DLC. They gave me the GOTY edition and downloading now.

Using the regular B: AC I could still log into GFWL if anyone is still going that route.

Add me to the list of Retail CD copy of AA not activating in steam. Pre-ordered mine from Amazon back in the day.

FINALLY I can buy the Batman games without having to endure the pain of trying to remember what the fuck my GFWL password was...again!

Come on Steam sale!

While I'm stoked about the update (GWFL was terrible), this nuked my 50% save on hard. I was hoping to finish the game before they converted. :(

I've seen it pop up on some configurations.

Probably just got fixed with the actual patch. I ran it on steam with steam overlay + gfwl. saw no hiccups. Running pretty much max settings.

FINALLY I can buy the Batman games without having to endure the pain of trying to remember what the fuck my GFWL password was...again!

Come on Steam sale!

On sale right now.

Good riddance, didn't purchase the game when it was on sale because of this GWFL and SecuROM shit, glad they finally removed it. Now we don't have to worry about future games using GWFL.

So when the heck can non-steam players get to play? Tried putting my key into steam and it just says invalid.

Nice, I've been looking for a reason to play through Arkham City again (I too lost my Hard save, but had lost it earlier on due to some glitch). And the fact they upgraded my copy to a GOTY edition, nice!

I noticed Arkham Asylum is also a GOTY edition now, I don't really recall any DLC for that game. Still, might have to boot up that game as well.

Seeing that the downfall of GFWL is actually beneficial, does Origin & Uplay cause undue stress? Personally, I think so, since both clients are not where they need to be (Origin being the better out of the two though). If only EA & Ubisoft wisened up one way or another...

Back