Getting tired of waiting on Corsair, possible other options?

DeeFrag

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi, I've been waiting for the 2 x 1GB 3500LL PC3500 sticks to come in stock for 3 weeks now with no luck. I've about run out of patience. Will wait to see if Newegg actually gets any in stock 11/17 as it states on their site, the date has been pushed at least 2 times already. Most other sites are projecting 11/25-11/30 or later.

If this doesn't make it into stock what might my other options be?
I would rather not get OCZ for what they had done in the past. Hard to trust a company that had screwed over their customers in the past.
I am looking for 2 x 1GB sticks with low latencies, good overclockability, compatibility with the DFI UT LP Ultra-D MB, and a company that will stand by their warranty if the need arises. There are a few sticks at Newegg from Patriot, gigaram, and G.Skill. I've never personally dealt with those brands. I remember G.Skill made pretty good ram in the past.

Thanks in advance.

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
The Ballistix Z503 line (Crucial, seconded) does insanely well, it's the only 2x1GB line I've seen the consistently hits DDR600. Probably 1/3 of all reviews I've read of these sticks hit that number; furthermore, it does it at 3-3-3-8 or so, which actually makes it better than a lot of TCCD at 2.5-4-3-8 while being double the density.

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
mavalpha said:
furthermore, it does it at 3-3-3-8 or so, which actually makes it better than a lot of TCCD at 2.5-4-3-8 while being double the density.
esp since 3-3-3 is actually faster than 2.5-4-3 at a given mhz :cool:

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, that's why I figured the double-density stick was that much more impressive.

DeeFrag

Supreme [H]ardness
Thanks for the info everybody.

I was lazy and didn't search. lol After reading up a bunch of stuff I ordered the 2GB Ballistix Tracers. Should get here by friday morning. :D