Getting tired of waiting on Corsair, possible other options?

DeeFrag

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi, I've been waiting for the 2 x 1GB 3500LL PC3500 sticks to come in stock for 3 weeks now with no luck. I've about run out of patience. Will wait to see if Newegg actually gets any in stock 11/17 as it states on their site, the date has been pushed at least 2 times already. Most other sites are projecting 11/25-11/30 or later.

If this doesn't make it into stock what might my other options be?
I would rather not get OCZ for what they had done in the past. Hard to trust a company that had screwed over their customers in the past.
I am looking for 2 x 1GB sticks with low latencies, good overclockability, compatibility with the DFI UT LP Ultra-D MB, and a company that will stand by their warranty if the need arises. There are a few sticks at Newegg from Patriot, gigaram, and G.Skill. I've never personally dealt with those brands. I remember G.Skill made pretty good ram in the past.

Thanks in advance.

The Ballistix Z503 line (Crucial, seconded) does insanely well, it's the only 2x1GB line I've seen the consistently hits DDR600. Probably 1/3 of all reviews I've read of these sticks hit that number; furthermore, it does it at 3-3-3-8 or so, which actually makes it better than a lot of TCCD at 2.5-4-3-8 while being double the density.

mavalpha said:
furthermore, it does it at 3-3-3-8 or so, which actually makes it better than a lot of TCCD at 2.5-4-3-8 while being double the density.
esp since 3-3-3 is actually faster than 2.5-4-3 at a given mhz :cool:

Yeah, that's why I figured the double-density stick was that much more impressive.

Thanks for the info everybody.

I was lazy and didn't search. lol After reading up a bunch of stuff I ordered the 2GB Ballistix Tracers. Should get here by friday morning. :D

Back