Getting Our Butts Kicked

BillR

Born Again Cynic
In case anyone has missed the last days of stats updates we as a team are going backwards!!:eek:

Not sure where teams three and four found all that firepower but dang…

Make sure what you have is working, see if you can’t borg one or two and maybe we can get a bit of front page pimpage.

With luck I’ll be replacing an AMD 4200 X2 with a Q6600 this week.

Everyone wanted competition, well, now we got it, big time so let’s meet this challenge head on.;):D

all single core clients are taking a HUGE nosedive because the 500 PT WUs and the double gromacs WUs are all done for now....Max PC has a way higher % of SMP clients, so they get hit far less than we do, as can be seen by us dropping from 1.1 million per day to way under a million, whereas they only dropped about 50k

I don't think it's solely the clients because that would affect all the teams across the board, not only ours. A few of our top producers have reduced their outputs. WRat, currently the third biggest producer has recently announced a reduction of work systems. Moreover, the teams below us have been ramping to greater or lesser effect. Our daily production is only ~12000 points higher than MPC as of last update, and their relentless war drums are beating ever louder . . .

I'm still struggling to get my quads up and running, but I'll at least get a double-SMP in tomorrow. It's only temporary, because I haven't activated that XP license and the 30 days are up already. First time I reboot, I'm screwed. :(

Once I can stabilize these builds, I'll have two quads up until I move out sometime around July (knock on wood).

I'm still struggling to get my quads up and running, but I'll at least get a double-SMP in tomorrow. It's only temporary, because I haven't activated that XP license and the 30 days are up already. First time I reboot, I'm screwed. :(
Is there a reason you're not using Linux on those? No activation issues, more ppd...

Well, if it is any help...I got my lab back up and running. Currently 10 q6600 running the windows SMP client. I am looking to get 14 more in there, as soon as I find the time.

I think if it doesnt impact users...I may be able to keep it running for some time.

24 q6600's would be nice!

And I just lost my entire home farm as well for another 2 weeks (blew the main circuit in my farm room from power draw and cant get it fixed till I get paid again) So I lost 2 quads and 4 more SMP clients..... Will be back as soon as I can get it fixed

Well, if it is any help...I got my lab back up and running. Currently 10 q6600 running the windows SMP client. I am looking to get 14 more in there, as soon as I find the time.
Out of curiosity, how do you keep the users from shutting down the SMP client? Are you running it as a service? Running it as another user logged in at the same time?

MPC is obviously abusing peas and nanobots or we've pissed off the folding gods.

Out of curiosity, how do you keep the users from shutting down the SMP client? Are you running it as a service? Running it as another user logged in at the same time?

I run the SMP client as a service. I guess the only thing I risk is if they shut down or restart improperly. Sometimes the service doesnt stop properly and when it comes back up the client throws errors and starts from scratch.

Man, I didnt think it was this bad. I saw a dip on the charts over at EOC, but never really looked at the numbers. We lost some serious production :(

And I just lost my entire home farm as well for another 2 weeks (blew the main circuit in my farm room from power draw and cant get it fixed till I get paid again) So I lost 2 quads and 4 more SMP clients..... Will be back as soon as I can get it fixed

I also lost 7 SMP machines because there is a very intensive class session from last week till the end of february :( There is no point restarting the SMP client just for weekends because I will waste a lot of units.

Some things come at the wrong time. However, I managed to get over 4100 ppd with my main box now with the tweaks (and changing the fahmon behavior to count only the last 3 frames to have a more accurate calculation of the ppd).

However, I managed to get over 4100 ppd with my main box now with the tweaks (and changing the fahmon behavior to count only the last 3 frames to have a more accurate calculation of the ppd).

See? Affinity FTW. :)

That dip of pointages were caused by my drinking of four pitchers of beer last night... I don't even remember getting back to the apartment, at least I wasn't driving... Sheesh man - this headache is shit.

FOLD ON, MPC may cheer all they want but they'll run back to their shed with tails tucked when we all make the move to SMP

I lost my q6600 last week and shut down a few machines as i am getting ready to move to a new house in the near future. I hope to have my q6600 back up and running in a week or so with a new 780i board. Just depends on how things work out.

I'll be bringing an E2200 online tonight. More SMP goodness...Now if I could just figure out this linux thing...

if he doesn't we need to get him aware so we can get some front page lovin :D

I'm sure we'll get back on track soon enough. Kyle seems a little busy lately dealing with all the hubbub surrounding the HD3870 X2 review, if you guys have been keeping up with the latest news.

MPC has not yet appeared on our radar screens in terms of an attainable overtake. No team has in ages. There's more competition this year and if anything it's a great sign for Stanford. Let them smell blood for a while, get their appetite whetted and then we release the flood gates....

I'm sure we'll get back on track soon enough. Kyle seems a little busy lately dealing with all the hubbub surrounding the HD3870 X2 review, if you guys have been keeping up with the latest news.

MPC has not yet appeared on our radar screens in terms of an attainable overtake. No team has in ages. There's more competition this year and if anything it's a great sign for Stanford. Let them smell blood for a while, get their appetite whetted and then we release the flood gates....

Have you FORGOTTEN!!!
We STILL HAVE NOT CONQUERED Default!!
We wooped Google!

what was this about? What kind of gadget is an HD3870?

what was this about? What kind of gadget is an HD3870?

new ATI video card....[H]'s reviews showed massively different results from pretty much all other sites, and it's turned into another war of real world benching that [H] does vs. canned benchmarks that other sites use.

I have not seen any site-wide reviews linked (stickied) by Kyle at the top of every page like in the past. Maybe I just missed it (or them) but either way I have not read a review here in a while.

I'd like to see them linked/stickied for a longer period of time. It is usually the only way I get to see new reviews here at HardOCP.

Thanks for your answer and response.

Well, until something shows up on the front page, perhaps we should all concentrate on recruiting some forum members from within... Maybe if we all make an effort to spread the word and draw some potential folders into the DC forum through "word of mouth" so to speak....

I'm sure there may be some folks lurking around the Video Card and General Hardware forums that have some pretty impressive hardware laying around......and there is an interesting thread in the Operating Systems forum as well....evidentially, there are people around here that actually turn their computers off:confused:

Well, until something shows up on the front page, perhaps we should all concentrate on recruiting some forum members from within... Maybe if we all make an effort to spread the word and draw some potential folders into the DC forum through "word of mouth" so to speak....

I'm sure there may be some folks lurking around the Video Card and General Hardware forums that have some pretty impressive hardware laying around......and there is an interesting thread in the Operating Systems forum as well....evidentially, there are people around here that actually turn their computers off:confused:

Turn off... computer? But, but... :(

I saw the thread in GenMay and it spurred me to get folding on all my boxes again.

I folded a bit a while back but somehow it just got dropped from my radar over multiple formats and such.

So today I'm going to set up my PS3, MacBook, Desktop, and P3 866 to fold for the [H]orde.

I'll be setting up my parents computers (C2D E4300's@stock) with F@H as well.

Happy to be back on the team.

I saw the thread in GenMay and it spurred me to get folding on all my boxes again.

I folded a bit a while back but somehow it just got dropped from my radar over multiple formats and such.

So today I'm going to set up my PS3, MacBook, Desktop, and P3 866 to fold for the [H]orde.

I'll be setting up my parents computers (C2D E4300's@stock) with F@H as well.

Happy to be back on the team.

welcome back to the team :D
if you need help setting up your desktop, 2xVMs is probably the best way to roll on a Q6600, and a whole lot of us are doing that, so we can help where needed

welcome back to the team :D
if you need help setting up your desktop, 2xVMs is probably the best way to roll on a Q6600, and a whole lot of us are doing that, so we can help where needed

Yeah, please help with the Quad stuffs...

And now Overclockers.com is closing in on us. We're in full meltdown mode.

And now Overclockers.com is closing in on us. We're in full meltdown mode.
Well, I'm slowly getting my server issues resolved. I believe all my stored WUs have been submitted as of a few minutes ago. My delays didn't really put a damper on the team's production since my personal production isn't all that much, but hopefully everything will resume as before by tomorrow. Our drop could just be freak occurrence that won't last more than a day or two.

:eek:
My production has really suffered lately. My farm is 1 PS3 and a bunch of office borgs all running the console client.
Stanford and Sony are working on the problems PS3s are having with WU uploads. And my PCs are all getting crappy low-ppd WUs, :(

We need some front page pimpage, Kyle.

I added my brother-in-law's PS3 (I hope they fix the problem soon, I now have 2 folding) and 2 more PCs added in the last few days.

I'm sure I am missing atleast 5k points in the last 3 days...

just added 4 new duos so hopefully that should help the production abit. Man i havn't been paying attn to folding for a while but man i gotta get my ass in gear thats all i have to say :eek:

just added 4 new duos so hopefully that should help the production abit. Man i havn't been paying attn to folding for a while but man i gotta get my ass in gear thats all i have to say :eek:

Don't forget to add your new clients to the list :D

Back