• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting My Server As Silent As Possible

Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
1
Hi,

I have a 1U Server that I'm going to be moving out a data center and into my home office.
I currently have a copper fan and the unit is loud. I've been thinking about liquid cooling, but don't know enough about it. I'm looking for some help in choosing a fan that will be as quiet
as possible.

I'm using a MSI motherboard in the server that supports socket 754. I'm not opposed to leaving the top cover of the server off if I have to in order to get it to work.

Thanks,
Henry
 
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1531294

What about the case fans ? They can be a real problem.

Without knowing a lot more about that 1U case , and just addressing the cpu cooling issue, water cooling is possible but you will have to get 90 deg fittings for the cpu water block or drill holes in the top of the case and have the tubing exit straight up which might end up being a good idea, you could screw/mount the pump, res, rad/fans to the top of the 1U top. Different. Done nicely it could be very unique.

or,

Use any good air cooler or even the stock cooler and just cutout the top to accomodate and let it poke out as needed. Odd looking and not able to stack anything on the top of the unit but would keep your ears from bleeding. Drill a starting hole and take a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and you are done.

Leaving the top off completely is more than likely a "not good" idea. But it just depends and not enough info to say for sure.
 
Back
Top