Getting constant EUEs on one 9600GSO

Zero82z

Fully [H]
I just stuck a pair of 9600GSOs into my secondary rig, and although one of them is folding away fine, the other one won't complete a single step and is just EUEing constantly. I've tried deleting the work folder and queue file multiple times, but I can't seem to get it working. MachineID is set correctly and it's running with the -gpu x flag, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Also, for some reason I have no clock speed control over either card under Linux, so unfortunately I'm not able to try different settings to see if that will alleviate the problem. I believe the card that is having the issues is overclocked with a custom BIOS so that may be causing it, but Tobit was running both of these cards at those overclocked speeds and never had any issues so I'm hoping that's not the cause here. Any ideas?

Not sure what to say, but back when my 3 way was folding 96's I always got an EUE on a certain unit, can't remember which one but no matter what I did I couldn't fix it. It wasn't very common of a WU but I always seemed to get them when I leave town LOL

Is it the same WU or diff ones each time?

I know it's not much help but it's all I got, Ive since sold all my 96's (hell, I gave one away LOL) and moved to 88's, I think that's the best card for folding IMO
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

It seems that it was grabbing the same workunit after each EUE (same PCRG), but I deleted the work and queue twice and those times it received different units but still had the same issue.

Here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/mb8e5581

Well, I fixed the problem. Turns out the second GPU was actually clocked too high. I edited my xorg.conf file and added some fake displays, which allowed me to add the Coolbits flag and get access to overclocking on the two 9600GSOs. I clocked them both at 650MHz on the core and they are now folding away without any problems.

For the record, what I did was essentially equivalent to a software version of dummy plugs ;).

Well, I fixed the problem. Turns out the second GPU was actually clocked too high. I edited my xorg.conf file and added some fake displays, which allowed me to add the Coolbits flag and get access to overclocking on the two 9600GSOs. I clocked them both at 650MHz on the core and they are now folding away without any problems.

For the record, what I did was essentially equivalent to a software version of dummy plugs ;).

nice. +1 for linux GPU folding

I know now your cores clocks are 650, but what are your shader clocks (iirc, this is what mattered!?) and memory clocks? I've got a waste of a zalman cooler here if I don't OC a little bit.

There was a table for core to shader clock ratio, but I cannot find it.

Just figured out how to switch GPUs with nvclock. Shaders are at 1620MHz for both cards.

Back