• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Getting a random noise....

Siryak

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
270
Ok this is driving me crazy. After I installed my SSD drive I keep getting this random noise coming from my computer. It only happens for a split second and it is totally random on the intervals that it comes. It is kind of a really fast buzz. I really don't know how to explain it. Sometimes it can be 2 seconds apart sometimes it can be 10 minutes. Anybody have any idea what this might be?

My Hardware: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Firmware: F11, Core i5-760, Vertex 2 120GB SSD, Corsair 650W Modular PSU
 
Well try to locate where the buzz is come from next time it happens.

That buzz can be really anything. Did it happen before the SSD installation or only popped up after the SSD installation?
 
Well try to locate where the buzz is come from next time it happens.

That buzz can be really anything. Did it happen before the SSD installation or only popped up after the SSD installation?

It didn't show up until after I installed the SSD. Also so far I have been unable to locate where it is coming from so far.
 
If you can, try the PC without that SSD and see what happens. Use a linux live CD or something.
 
It might be that the sound drivers have been corrupted so that when windows does certain actions it makes that noise, which seem to be random. reinstall the sound drivers and try again.
 
It happens even when the speakers are off. Unless it is the motherboard speaker? I just updated my gigabyte mb to f11 right before I installed the ssd. Could it be a bug?
 
That could be a possible bug from the BIOs update. However, did you remove the SSD and see if that noise still persists?

Sounds like electrical cracking of sorts.
 
That could be a possible bug from the BIOs update. However, did you remove the SSD and see if that noise still persists?

Sounds like electrical cracking of sorts.

I am running it without it right now. So far no sound, but I haven't been running it long so we will see.

Edit: Ok the sound has disappeared now that I unhooked the SSD.

Edit: I stand corrected. I got down close to the computer and I heard it with the SSD unplugged. The HDD was just covering it up.
 
Last edited:
Ok I disconnected the system speaker and the sound has stopped. I have not heard it all day long. Now the question is why is my system speaker making that noise?
 
Must be wiring issues. Either that or the system speaker is eff'd.
 
Back
Top