German language software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinataUT

Gawd
Anyone have any thoughts / experience / recommendations on software for learning to speak German?

Family trip in about 9 months, not sure I'm up to Sat morning lessons with the Mrs and daughter.

SRS
Good German - English Dictionary
Plenty of German audio and reading materials
Lots of time

SRS
Good German - English Dictionary
Plenty of German audio and reading materials
Lots of time

This.

I tried out Rosetta Stone and I don't really find it useful at all. What I've been doing is listening to a few Pimsleur audio lessons and having my Girlfriend speak to me auf Deutsch (She's fluent).

I'm thinking about buying a college textbook, but unsure if it's worth it.

I'm sorry - not trying to be a tool, but I'm having trouble translating SRS into a URL. I tried, though.

I'm sorry - not trying to be a tool, but I'm having trouble translating SRS into a URL. I tried, though.

He was just trying to help you from blowing a few hundred on Rosetta Stone :rolleyes:
*drdeutsch speaks German, English, and Taiwanese if I recall correctly, and teaches English at a Uni. So if anyone on here is qualified to give advice it's probably him.*

If you're adamant about using software, Rosetta Stone is pretty much your only choice. But as he was saying, audio (Pimsleur is good), a dictionary, and speaking with someone is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back