Gentle Typhoon 1950rpm AP-15: $15.95

How loud are these? If I put three in my case, will it be audible? Or should I look more for the AP13's?

They are very quiet. I can't seem to hear them over my other case fans.

Fantastic price. And these are very quiet. I replaced my H70 stock fans with these. They are very quiet and are excellent as radiator coolers due to high static pressure. All you hear is air moving.

You say you can't hear them over your other case fans, but what about if these are the only fans? Do they make any audible noise? I like my PC's so I hit the button and I can't tell if they're on.

would these make good case fans or just good for rads?

These are far and away the best 25mm thick fans you can get, the static pressure is comparable to a 38mm thick panaflo spinning just a bit slower. I have 8 of them in my main rig and the noise signature is very clean, just air noise. The 100,000 hour MTBF means you won't be replacing these any time soon.

$15.95 is the standard list price at jab-tech, what makes this hot is that Sycthe really can't manage their supply chain for shit. These things go on waves where they are unavailable anywhere for months on end. I really can't understand how a company can make such a quality product but completely fail on delivering it, just hiring a couple of quality production/inventory planners would drastically increase their sales revenue.

These are excellent fans, but they ARE audible.

If you want very quiet, then yes, the AP-13 is your best bet. It is subjectively (and maybe objectively - GT series fans measure very low) about as loud as good 1K RPM fans, yet it spins at 1150 RPM.

If I put nothing but AP-13 fans in my PC, I'd still hear the PC, but it'd fade into the background very quickly.

These are excellent fans, but they ARE audible.

If you want very quiet, then yes, the AP-13 is your best bet. It is subjectively (and maybe objectively - GT series fans measure very low) about as loud as good 1K RPM fans, yet it spins at 1150 RPM.

If I put nothing but AP-13 fans in my PC, I'd still hear the PC, but it'd fade into the background very quickly.
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll keep my eyes out for Ap-13's then

You say you can't hear them over your other case fans, but what about if these are the only fans? Do they make any audible noise? I like my PC's so I hit the button and I can't tell if they're on.

Even the AP13 at stock will be too loud, I have to report to you. And yes, I have hunted for that same effect for a LONG time. I finally got it with my FT03b and a few very undervolted GTAP13 fans.

decibels dont stack so 3 @ 28db shouldnt be loud...

In for 4, seemed like I was looking for them only when they were sold out everywhere and I did want to go with faster/louder ones. Thanks OP for the post.

Are these good undervolted? I have 3 s flex on my rad. Iirc its mcr 320. I have 2 ap14 which I love.

does anyone know how low of rpms these will run at on lowest voltage? I'm guessing min speed will still be above 1k rpm?

I'm thinking for those of us that want fairly quiet systems will need the 13's or 14's

wow; yesterday they ran out of stock, now they have 648

does anyone know how low of rpms these will run at on lowest voltage? I'm guessing min speed will still be above 1k rpm?

I'm thinking for those of us that want fairly quiet systems will need the 13's or 14's

wow; yesterday they ran out of stock, now they have 648

Extremely low, the AP-15 will start at 3V. At that voltage its spinning at around 350 RPM.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/pictur...he Gentle Typhoon/12_scgentle_res_big.png&1=1

http://www.scythe-eu.com/forum/gentletyphoon-series/720-gentle-typhoon-starting-voltages-rpms.html

I see no point in buying any of the lower RPM models. Even without a fan controller you can use your motherboard fan headers to control the RPM.

Extremely low, the AP-15 will start at 3V. At that voltage its spinning at around 350 RPM.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/pictur...he Gentle Typhoon/12_scgentle_res_big.png&1=1

http://www.scythe-eu.com/forum/gentletyphoon-series/720-gentle-typhoon-starting-voltages-rpms.html

I see no point in buying any of the lower RPM models. Even without a fan controller you can use your motherboard fan headers to control the RPM.
thanks for the info. I also agree that if these start up at 3v; then there would not be a need for the lower rpm models.
Bad thing is I need 20+ of these fans=$$$

decibels dont stack so 3 @ 28db shouldnt be loud...

actually yes they do... the rule of thumb is doubling two volume sources = 3db

so 3 fans at 28db a piece would be 34db

Ive spent so much money on fans over the years... not sure why people do it nowadays. Silverstone ft02 has 3x180mm fans and one 120mm fan, you simply cant beat surface area when it comes to fans, second best case is probably the ravens, then the corsair midtower

actually yes they do... the rule of thumb is doubling two volume sources = 3db

so 3 fans at 28db a piece would be 34db

Ive spent so much money on fans over the years... not sure why people do it nowadays. Silverstone ft02 has 3x180mm fans and one 120mm fan, you simply cant beat surface area when it comes to fans, second best case is probably the ravens, then the corsair midtower

Wait a sec. HafX should get the #1 slot. :) Fugly case, but you have to admit the airflow is impressive.

Stock: 1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 200mm top fan, 1x 200mm side fan, and 1x 230mm front fan
Upgraded: 2x 140mm rear fan, 2x 200mm top fan, 1x 200mm side fan, and 1x 230mm front fan

Really the raven and the silverstone are the only cases worth a damn imo, they take advantage of heat naturally rising so you dont have any recycled air, and theres positive air pressure so the only way air enters the case is through the fans, which have dust filters. When i said "cant beat surface area" thats assuming you love to vacuum your case every other month with the enormous amounts of dust...

... assuming you love to vacuum your case every other month with the enormous amounts of dust...

They are good looking cases for sure, just not enough room for me.

And no kidding about the dust... I finally invested in some filters. Haf X had an outrageously overpriced kit, but I'm lazy so I bought it. From what I understand DEMCi Flex will custom make filters to whatever specs you want for a reasonable price.

I dust out my case maybe once every 3 months and theres almost nothing in there. The filters do work well.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_26_576

thanks for the heads up

been looking for more of these beauties for like 4 months

thanks for the heads up

been looking for more of these beauties for like 4 months

When I was setting up my Megahalem it took me almost 2 months to find a second for the pull fan on the other side. If you have been waiting for these or thought about buying them, get them when they are here because when they are gone it may be for a while.

Do these come sleeved? And does anyone know if they are an upgrade over Scythe S-Flex G series fans for a BlackIce GTS 360 rad?

As for the sound, they were quieter and pushed more air than my 120mm Noctua Fan. The only noise they make is a 'whooshing" noise, not a whining noise or just annoying noise(panaflos). Although they are better for Rads, not the best at case fans.

Jab-Tech has the option to have them sleeved, yes

Do these come sleeved? And does anyone know if they are an upgrade over Scythe S-Flex G series fans for a BlackIce GTS 360 rad?

My AP-14s I got elsewhere came sleeved. I didn't have to pay extra.

I'd be willing to bet your price per fan was still higher than jabtech's cost plus sleeving, I haven't seen anyone as low on these.

Ordered 2 for my Fractal R3. These fans were impossible to find for months and the only place that had them was ebay and they were marked up to hell.

Back