Genshin Impact

criccio

Fully Equipped
Anyone playing? Turns out the game is awesome and I'm 30ish hours in, still not finished the story and haven't felt the need to spend any money at all.

My plan was if I ever got to that point I'd ditch it but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

Real BoTW vibes but the multi character system and the combat mechanics make it a ton more fun.

I'm not at all into anime either and so far that hasn't made much of a difference.

TwistedMetalGear

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm actually surprised it took this long for somebody to create a thread considering how this game is blowing up on Twitch.

The game is a total BOTW ripoff. I say that in a good way though. It borrows the "climb literally anything" mechanic which I love. It makes the world feel so much more open and explorable when there's no invisible walls or boundaries in your way.

It's a bit pervy with jiggle physics as expected. Not that I'm complaining.

There's a lot of charm in this world. Music is great. Very enthusiastic voice acting. Art style is excellent.

On the downside, the PC port is terrible. Locked at 60 FPS, small FOV, and the vertical look sensitivity is about 1/4 of the horizontal sensitivity and cannot be adjusted.

1.1 patch is coming real soon so hopefully it addresses some of these issues, especially the look sensitivity.

criccio

Fully Equipped
Yeah, there are some hiccups for sure. The game has a massive install base and is really, really well done but I think the association with a Chinese developer and the whole "gacha" system for loot boxes really turns people off. Such a shame because you can play this game and completely ignore that aspect and still experience the full game.

The 60FPS this was annoying for the first few hours but at this point i'm over it since the game itself is so good.

I meant to look up the full 1.1 patch notes and see if there was a date.

criccio

Fully Equipped
just started, its fun, curious about the multiplayer aspect.
Its.. kinda crap. You can queue for a group to run Domains which works alright but for open world stuff, collecting things and opening chests only works for the party leader. Really awful.

Aireoth

Supreme [H]ardness
Its.. kinda crap. You can queue for a group to run Domains which works alright but for open world stuff, collecting things and opening chests only works for the party leader. Really awful.

Kinda sad, but given the game type I'm not entirely shocked. Single player is my usual bread and butter anyway outside of some Destiny.

bink

[H]ard|Gawd
Hmm, my daughter has done pretty much all there is to do in BOTW several times over, I’ve been looking for something to peak her interest on her gaming pc other than minecraft and roblox.

would we be able to queue in our own private party together and do things?

TheToE!

[H] Brewmaster
Dude, I could kick op's ass. I fired this up on a whim early last night...Was up late..It's pretty awesome for a F2P. You don't have to buy anything, but if you get hooked, you'll want to.

criccio

Fully Equipped
Dude, I could kick op's ass. I fired this up on a whim early last night...Was up late..It's pretty awesome for a F2P. You don't have to buy anything, but if you get hooked, you'll want to.

Haha, i still haven't felt the need to and I have about 8 characters at level 40 so far. I hear about all these epic 5-star ones that I don't have and i'm kinda jealous but i'm going to hold out!

criccio

Fully Equipped
Hmm, my daughter has done pretty much all there is to do in BOTW several times over, I’ve been looking for something to peak her interest on her gaming pc other than minecraft and roblox.

would we be able to queue in our own private party together and do things?

So, yes and no. Open world coop is a bit crap. You can run around and fight stuff, but progression, collectibles and chest loot is locked to the party leader. I hope that improves.

criccio

Fully Equipped
At Adventure Rank 27, i'm beginning to see the slow progression. I can't continue the story until AR30 and the bosses I need to kill to farm the parts I need to get everyone to ascension rank 2 are hard as hell with my crappy team lol. I did just pull Fichl last night and man, what a difference to replace Lisa.

Aireoth

Supreme [H]ardness
lol, I'm only Adventure level 18 and I already think its starting to grind a bit. All my characters are level 40, but my enemies are only 15-22.

I agree Lisa sucks, followed by Amber because she can be situationally useful.

Shoganai

Gawd
lol, I'm only Adventure level 18 and I already think its starting to grind a bit. All my characters are level 40, but my enemies are only 15-22.

I agree Lisa sucks, followed by Amber because she can be situationally useful.
Lisa is awful. When you get 5 star Keqing for electro you’ll hate Lisa even more. Qiqi is also very OP for cryo and when you string together Qiqi’s ice orb with Keqing’s electro prism everything on screen dies a glorious death.

Thoroughly enjoying this game. One of the gems of this game is exploration. I’ve never had so much fun just running around a game world and discovering secrets. I just found the highest point in the game and in order to get there it sent me on a very cool quest of climbing and gliding and rotating crane bird statues toward a mountaintop. There’s so many random things in this game that have nothing to do with quests or story.

criccio

Fully Equipped
The area where that bird puzzle is was absolutely breathtaking. Easily my favorite zone in the whole map so far and I've opened every fast travel point and statue.

I agree 100% though, just exploring and finding puzzles to solve was probably the most fun I had in the game by far.

criccio

Fully Equipped
Hit AR30 the other day and boy, the game slows down. Its a little more enjoyable if you have someone to play with so you can farm the world bosses and domains and some of the artifact sets you can farm for past AR30 are really crazy.

I'm also just one Anemoculus short and I don't know which one I missed. Collecting Geoculus I used the map and checked them off but I wasn't paying attention early game.

Still no Deluc, Venti or any other real good character so Fischl and Xingling are my superstars.

Also this is pretty useful once you get to "endgame" and want to optimize teams/builds and what artifact sets you should be farming for for each character.

https://genshin.gg/

Last edited: