GenHard Sticky Discussions...

How about a big list of the parts you suggest ?

Also: Pcpartspicker can help you get the lowest prices and help you see what is and isn't compatable with your other parts.

As Skillz and enginurd mentioned, maintaining a big parts list is too much trouble for one person to do, especially when the price of parts can change as often as daily.

Thanks for the reference to PCPartPicker. I've added it to the list of U.S.-based retailers.

How about a guide for building multi-gpu, multi-display setups for widescreen gaming? I would be willing to assist in writing and providing information for that FAQ, given my experience with both CF and SLI on multi-monitor setups. Although I do not have much experience with the 3D setup for those wanting NV 3D surround.

I feel that an (updated) FAQ would be a better way to approach this. Though many people are interested in CF/SLI and multi-monitor setups, they want to know of the advantages and disadvantages first. They aren't interested in wading through multiple sites just to get the "simple" answers they're looking for.

Since you have a better grasp of CF/SLI than I do, maybe you could help? (I sent you a PM.)

Also: Pcpartspicker can help you get the lowest prices and help you see what is and isn't compatible with your other parts.
I only have two major gripes with PC PartPicker:
1) They automatically include the MIR. Which makes people more willing to pay for a crappy part just because a rebate makes it cheap.
2) I didn't think of it first :)

So, on the original thread/sticky, are you going to add Windows 8/8.1/8.11?

I've updated a few parts of the FAQ in reference to Windows 8/8.1. More updates are coming to the FAQ (albeit slowly).

But I'm not going to recommend Windows 8 over Windows 7, or vice versa, as long as both "versions" are still being sold.

Back