You will know you've crossed the line regarding gaming when you're willing to whore yourself out as follows:

"Unfortunately due to limited resources compared to Stadia at this time free users are limited to 1-hour playing sessions and you may need to wait in a queue.

why would anyone in their right mind wait in cue and limit themselves to 1 hr play time when all they are able to play are TITLES THEY ALREADY OWN and don't have to wait in cue to play before this "free" offer was made?

In my experience the queue is probably a minute tops and most of the time I don't have to wait at all. BTW during the BETA I never had to wait and there was no time limit for quite a while.

IMO an hour is plenty for casual gaming since its free.
The time limit is a real bummer if you do multiplayer though.

why would anyone in their right mind wait in cue and limit themselves to 1 hr play time when all they are able to play are TITLES THEY ALREADY OWN and don't have to wait in cue to play before this "free" offer was made?

Because the "free" option is a demo. If you try it, and find it useful you pay money to get rid of the queue and time limits.

The service here is effectively to rent a better PC than you have at home. Spend a few bucks to play hot new game at max settings without having to buy a high end GPU.

Because the "free" option is a demo. If you try it, and find it useful you pay money to get rid of the queue and time limits.The service here is effectively to rent a better PC than you have at home. Spend a few bucks to play hot new game at max settings without having to buy a high end GPU.

ok, so I decided to sign up for the free version, installed and ran. It asked what games I own and the only one it had on file was Metro Exodus so that was added to my GeForce Library but when I run GeForceNow and click on Exodus "play" ... instead of opening the Epic launcher (that's the account where it should access my game) it automatically opens a window for Steam.

Note what it says in the red box below so no, it did not ask me

What a lovely first experience

122.jpg

Last edited:
There are reports that players of Activision/Blizzard games, notably World of Warcraft, are being BANNED for using GeForce NOW! It is being treated on the same level as botting, with bans of 6 months+ for first time offenses! Players affected are petitioning Blizz customer service, but this is very worrisome. I'm not a fan of a proprietary service/platform requiring a certain GPU, but I don't think this is fair even regarding Nvidia.
I get what's going on and it's genius. The botters use the Geforce Now service to run their bots to probably gold grind and stuff.

Really? I don't know how could Blizzard know the game is being streamed...
Probably based on the IP source.

ok, so I decided to sign up for the free version, installed and ran. It asked what games I own and the only one it had on file was Metro Exodus so that was added to my GeForce Library but when I run GeForceNow and click on Exodus "play" ... instead of opening the Epic launcher (that's the account where it should access my game) it automatically opens a window for Steam.

Note what it says in the red box below so no, it did not ask me

What a lovely first experience

View attachment 224927

Just terrible. You should get a refund.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...on_registered_users_-_1500_games_are_coming/1
Quick summary:

Over a million registered users at the "Founders" level so far (do note that since Founders is free for the first 90 days no one is actually paying for the GFN yet)

1500 games will be added to the service (no info on what games or when)
I think the Beta had like 300,000 or so users. Very impressive jumping from that to 1 million subscribers in so little time. I wonder how many Stadia has... BTW I'm still using the free version and probably not signing up anytime soon.

Will the 1500 games include activision/blizzard? :D :D Steam alone can easily surpass that quota.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...on_registered_users_-_1500_games_are_coming/1
Quick summary:

Over a million registered users at the "Founders" level so far (do note that since Founders is free for the first 90 days no one is actually paying for the GFN yet)

1500 games will be added to the service (no info on what games or when)
The important value is active users not registered. For all we know people were using the service for botting on WoW before Blizzard pulled out? Free accounts have no limits.

My fear is that, eventually, this model is going to completely replace what we have now. Local play is always going to be better but it's going to be a niche. A very expensive one.

easy solution ... it will then be time to quit PC gaming all together and switch to a Linux distro ;)

Because the "free" option is a demo. If you try it, and find it useful you pay money to get rid of the queue and time limits.

I tried to try it and the only game that was loaded there that I had bought (had access to) was Exodus and it kept bringing me to Steam to buy it even though I have it already at Epic. So I wasn't able to play any of the games I had purchased and play on a regular basis.

IMHO ... epic failure Nvidia ... epic

and please don't post anymore "but it's free" type comments ... thanks in advance

Last edited:
easy solution ... it will then be time to quit PC gaming all together and switch to a Linux distro ;)
Specifically Linux on a ARM system, though we don't have any desktop ARM CPU's just yet. If you think about it the GPU's availible for ARM could compete with Nvidia and AMD sufficiently. You have PowerVR, Mali, and Adreno which might be replaced with AMD hardware.

I tried to try it and the only game that was loaded there that I had bought (had access to) was Exodus and it kept bringing me to Steam to buy it even though I have it already at Epic. So I wasn't able to play any of the games I had purchased and play on a regular basis.

and please don't post anymore "but it's free" type comments ... thanks in advance

Yeah, with a million or so registered users, it is certainly looking like a epic failure because you couldn't figure out an issue.

Yeah, with a million or so registered users, it is certainly looking like a epic failure because you couldn't figure out an issue.
1 million registered users is a meaningless metric. Show us active users. That's like Blizzard who tells everyone how many copies of Battle for Azeroth they sold but don't tell you how many active subscribers there are. The answer is not many.

The important value is active users not registered. For all we know people were using the service for botting on WoW before Blizzard pulled out? Free accounts have no limits.
For all we know, people could actually be using the service to play games. :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Except that its free :D :D :D

BTW while I don't have Metro Exodus, there are icons for both the Epic and steam versions on GeforceNow. Are you sure you are using the right one?

wasn't my issue to figure out

say what you will, honestly I couldn't care less about streaming games same as the failed movie service called iTunes (I still use blu-ray/DVD disks) that never did work well.

Except that its free :D :D :D

no, it's not free ... it just looks that way at the moment but I get what you and a few others are driving at with "but it's free" stuff. It's not free because you're using the "free" as a hook to reel in people's $$$ nothing more (very sad commentary for services across the board today) and nothing less. A good example are the most recent game released ... they still don't work right like they could have if they were done with QUALITY. Can't tell you how many times the gun sight was spot on the target and the bullet(s) did not hit, oodles of long drawnout cut scenes you can't bypass, etc. The internet has been successful at doing what many dictators tried to do but failed ... turn people into numbers and nothing more.

BTW while I don't have Metro Exodus, there are icons for both the Epic and steam versions on GeforceNow. Are you sure you are using the right one?

as I posted above on this page, the service said it would prompt me so I could choose what account I use to access the game. I did not go on the hunt for an icon I did not know existed

View attachment 225249

Last edited:
as I posted above on this page, the service said it would prompt me so I could choose what account I use to access the game. I did not go on the hunt for an icon I did not know existed

View attachment 225249

I guess its badly worded. You have to select the icon pertraining to the store (in this case EPIC) and then login to the store.

I can't do it right now as I'm at work

1582392542743.png

I guess its badly worded. You have to select the icon pertraining to the store (in this case EPIC) and then login to the store.

I can't do it right now as I'm at work

View attachment 225251

I typed in Metro same as you and only one Icon showed (was not for Epic) even so I appreciate the effort ... and thanks (I mean it). Seems they updated the games since I first tried out the service.

I typed in Metro same as you and only one Icon showed (was not for Epic) even so I appreciate the effort ... and thanks (I mean it). Seems they updated the games since I first tried out the service.

BTW: you're at work but not working ... interesting confession. If I were your boss I'd fire you on the spot LOL
I'm the boss ;);) well at least in the IT department :D:D

wasn't my issue to figure out

Your degree of complaining seems outsized for free a service, you were unwilling to make any effort to sort out a tiny issue.

If you can't be bothered to do the tiniest bit of work figuring out an issue, maybe you'd be better off with a console.

If you can't be bothered to do the tiniest bit of work figuring out an issue, maybe you'd be better off with a console.
"tiniest bit of work" lol ... I had to install the app, that was "work" but the service is FREE right? So if I spend my time (time is money) having to "figure out an issue" then the service is no longer FREE ;) (I'm really into using the wink icon today)

No, no I'm not complaining ... just pointed out the obvious. Sorry you felt you had to protect NVIDIA. You were the first person to post a comment in this thread and hail how awesome the service is and that it trumps Stadia (I never used Stadia or any other streaming game service) so small wonder you keep chiming in but I don't mind in the least. Too bad you can't get NVIDA to lower their prices so us "ordinary" folks can PC game as well ;)

Last edited:
For all we know, people could actually be using the service to play games. :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:
No... we know it isn't people playing games because Nvidia would have told us. Saying they have 1 million registered users is like saying, "hardly anyone is using this service but lets say 1 million registered to make it sound like it's doing better than it actual is.".

Opened this thread to see people bitch and moan, was not dissapointed.

For the cost of $0 I'm pretty happy with what this service offers. It works great on my old ass surface pro and my Android tablet (haven't tried it on ipad) Having a capable truly mobile gaming device is great when you're stuck somewhere with nothing to do. I installed it on my desktop, and while it works fine its more cumbersome than just firing up the game locally, even if the remote hardware is WAY better than what I have locally.

after all my complaining lol decided to try again, was able to add Epic version of Metro Exodus to my Library. Ran it and like leezard said, "while it works fine its more cumbersome than just firing up the game locally." Connected via wi-fi no problem. Video looked very good. Will play some more and depending on cost per month/year might be a better option than buying a GTX 1660 Ti ???

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I called it. Spectrum just sent me an add to sign up for their streaming gaming service Shadow. Everyone is going to be doing this. It's function as described is chillingly similar to Geforce Now.. almost like a portal license.

Back