GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.78

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm

"GeForce Hotfix display driver version 445.78 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 445.75.

This Hotfix driver addresses the following:

• Some DirectX 11 games may fail to launch when Image Sharpening is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel

Click on the URL below to download the appropriate driver:

Windows 10 64-bit Standard Driver - Click Here
Windows 10 64-bit DCH Driver - Click Here

For assistance with choosing between Windows 10 Standard and DCH display driver, please visit the FAQ below:
NVIDIA DCH/Standard Display Drivers for Windows 10 FAQ"

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5009

Grrrr. I just installed the 445.75 yesterday. I don't understand why they cant just put the fixed part in an .exe instead of redownloading and installing the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't had this issue and since 'some games' is so descriptive and precise I will just wait til the next major driver release.

Reactions: erek
like this
Yeah its getting ridiculous considering the packages are now half a gig. Ever since my isp instituted a 1TB cap I think about these things.

Thanks for linking the Standard driver.

Grrrr. I just installed the 445.75 yesterday. I don't understand why they cant just put the fixed part in an .exe instead of redownloading and installing the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't had this issue and since 'some games' is so descriptive and precise I will just wait til the next major driver release.
No need to worry about the hotfix unless it is addressing an issue you are having. In fact, that is generally a good philosophy to follow for all video card driver releases.
Yeah its getting ridiculous considering the packages are now half a gig. Ever since my isp instituted a 1TB cap I think about these things.

Thanks for linking the Standard driver.
Cutting down the size of the package would mean dropping support for more hardware and games, or separating them into different packages. Either option is going to upset people a lot more than the single download size.

Cutting down the size of the package would mean dropping support for more hardware and games, or separating them into different packages. Either option is going to upset people a lot more than the single download size.
I think he meant a diff type package for those already on 445.75. Unless every file changed, the hotfix package would be smaller, likely much smaller, than the 445.75 full release. But this type of thing is not trivial to do and costs money and time. Much simpler to make a single release package (or two) each time.

Back