Geforce GTX Titan - First Pics & True Specs

At 1920x1200 on a 24in monitor I still have not found a reason to upgrade my 570. Oh well maybe a few years from now they will actually come out with games to warrant any upgrade on my ageing system.

At 1920x1200 on a 24in monitor I still have not found a reason to upgrade my 570. Oh well maybe a few years from now they will actually come out with games to warrant any upgrade on my ageing system.

Upgrade your screen first to a 1440p or 1600p screen and you'll see reasons to upgrade your graphics card. ;)

Upgrade your screen first to a 1440p or 1600p screen and you'll see reasons to upgrade your graphics card. ;)

I have the screens, but lately I've been just using my TV instead of the monitors, being a lazy couch potato and all. (I guess I've just moved on from playing multiplayer FPS's). Sadly, the 4k TV's aren't anywhere on the horizon for a decent market price.

Oh, i see. I though he was talking about some kind of HD resolutions.

I have 2560x1600 and absolutely love it. I wish there were more quality displays though. I heard Dell 3014 is coming out soon.

Oh, i see. I though he was talking about some kind of HD resolutions.

I have 2560x1600 and absolutely love it. I wish there were more quality displays though. I heard Dell 3014 is coming out soon.

The 3014 should be available soon.... I still love my 3008wfp's though....

dayum! :eek:

84391910151456678937838.jpg

What games are you playing? I've got a 1200p monitor and have plenty of games that can tax my 680. Crysis 3, FC3, AC3 to name... three. Not to say they don't run well, AC3 for example is a solid 60 fps, but GPU usage is very high and if it can do that to a 680, it could surly bring a 570 to its knees, and that's the least demanding of the three games.

Any idea of the overclocking potential of these things yet? The stock cooler obviously sucks. I pre-ordered one on the whim that they will OC through the roof on water. If not I will just cancel my pre-order.

My current 680 even @ 1400mhz gets taxed in 1080P games. Kinda of annoying.

Any idea of the overclocking potential of these things yet? The stock cooler obviously sucks. I pre-ordered one on the whim that they will OC through the roof on water. If not I will just cancel my pre-order.

My current 680 even @ 1400mhz gets taxed in 1080P games. Kinda of annoying.

About +115MHz tops.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6774/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-2-titans-performance-unveiled/2

The cards bios won't let it pull more than 265 watts being the reason for the limitation this time. So instead of a voltage limiting situation, you have a power draw limit imposed on Titan.

About +115MHz tops.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6774/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-2-titans-performance-unveiled/2

The cards bios won't let it pull more than 265 watts being the reason for the limitation this time. So instead of a voltage limiting situation, you have a power draw limit imposed on Titan.

Guess my MSI Lightning with voltage control like none other spoiled me. Such a waste to even watercool the Titan except to just get lower temps.... WHYYYY NVIDIA?????

Guess my MSI Lightning with voltage control like none other spoiled me. Such a waste to even watercool the Titan except to just get lower temps.... WHYYYY NVIDIA?????

Well, lower temps also reduces power consumption actually. So you'd be able to clock higher and stills stay within nVidia's power limit. That's likely how the above (extreme) example got the speeds he did.

Might be overthinking this a bit but, I noticed the EVGA part number for Titan is P/N: 06G-P4-2790-KR

the bolded part usually has digits of the graphics card's model. I.E. GTX 680 02G-P4-2680-KR GTX 580 015-P3-1580-AR.

About +115MHz tops.

Even [H]'s own review stated that they were able to get to 1100MHz. On the stock cooler.

Other reviews have gotten 1160, 1170... Etc. This isn't even with water cooling yet. 115 tops? Come on.

Don't contribute to the noise floor, man.

Last edited:
What I want to really know is how this compares to my lightning @ 1400mhz. I'm assuming when they do the charts it's against a 680 running at 1000mhz...

Even [H]'s own review stated that they were able to get to 1100MHz. On the stock cooler.

Other reviews have gotten 1160, 1170... Etc. This isn't even with water cooling yet. 115 tops? Come on.

Don't contribute to the noise floor, man.

Just telling you what they got at AT, with a link. Seemed to be the limit for them which suggests that it could be the limit for others as well.

so now that the Titan is finally out what's the next big thing coming from Nvidia (or AMD)? :D

so now that the Titan is finally out what's the next big thing coming from Nvidia (or AMD)? :D

I was reading an article that said ATI's next card will be 5 times more powerful than Titan and its launching next month at $199.00 :D

I was reading an article that said ATI's next card will be 5 times more powerful than Titan and its launching next month at $199.00 :D

a saw a post yesterday on here where a guy linked to a post on another forum from what looks like some overlocking record holder...he pretty much said that the next gen AMD card would kill the Titan...have no idea if what he's saying is true or just typical fanboy talk...most likely the latter :D

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039638036&postcount=3

Back