• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GeForce 300.11 Driver

I must be missing something, because every time I've tried to run Metro 2033 since my new build it's been a stutterfest. Any ideas? I was once told that forceware past XXX version fixed stutter in Metro, but I kept using old drivers because of other games. Now those games finally work on the newer drivers, and I was expecting metro to work too, but no such luck...

my bad i thought you meant metro in BF3 lol.
I have not played metro 2033 since I paid 5 bux for it from steam pile and hated it. Sry no help here.
 
I just ran around in Metro for a little bit (in that Child level where the kid is on your back) and didn't notice any stutter other than a brief jolt when a new area was being loaded (like streaming or whatever). Seemed fine otherwise, though.

Using the 290.53 betas.
 
There will be no 300.xx driver in the foreseeable future. There are some few games that have a driver detection and don't work if the driver version doesn't begin with 2. I think it was the Sims games.
 
There will be no 300.xx driver in the foreseeable future. There are some few games that have a driver detection and don't work if the driver version doesn't begin with 2. I think it was the Sims games.

Oooh dayum hahaha
 
There will be no 300.xx driver in the foreseeable future. There are some few games that have a driver detection and don't work if the driver version doesn't begin with 2. I think it was the Sims games.

Sounds like a "developers being stupid" problem...lol.
 
There were new 195 series drivers posted on Guru3D this morning. Seems they're problematic at worst and more of the same at best.
 
295.51

Anyone else have trouble getting the 64bit version off NV site, the 64bit link puts you on the 32bit page, I ended up manually changing the download link to 64bit. Wish I would of seen these links earlier, your gonna save some folks headaches.
 
There will be no 300.xx driver in the foreseeable future. There are some few games that have a driver detection and don't work if the driver version doesn't begin with 2. I think it was the Sims games.

Sounds like EA's problem, not Nvidia's.
 
I downloaded NP for 64 bit w7, played a couple rounds of Bf3 and i see no improvement or anything worse or better than last betas or whql's.
 
So in a few years we will see driver 295.511111111111111999999999222222222222222?
 
There will be no 300.xx driver in the foreseeable future. There are some few games that have a driver detection and don't work if the driver version doesn't begin with 2. I think it was the Sims games.

Actually, wouldn't the driver just lie to the offending applications, to keep things working?
 
i saw the big one on updates for Mass Effect 3 wonder if the demo will drop soon
 
Just installed the new betas. I don't see anything about FPS limiter, but there are some different/new options for NV Surround and HD audio in the control panel. Nothing too exciting, though.
 
Back
Top