GeForce 280 gtx slower than 8800 gt SLi in Crysis!?

SX2233

Gawd
Anandtech has been around for a LONG time, so don't try and say their reviews aren't legit, and btw they used NEWER drivers than HardOcp too

ForceWare 177.34 (for GT200)
ForceWare 175.16 (everything else)

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3334&p=11

17059.png

if ATi's claimed 4870 is really 40%>9800gtx, nVidia is pretty much dead in the water unless they start lowering prices to $299 for the 280 gtx

4870 could score 26 FPS in Anand's Crysis benchmark for all we know.. That would still be a huge improvement over the performance of a single 3870.

48x0 Crossfire is supposed to be more efficient than in the 38x0 series, so in theory, X2 cards should be closer to 2x faster, but again, we have to wait for the benchmark results to come in.

And if you read the [H] review you see otherwise. Anand's reviews aren't legit. Well technically they are, if you want to compare how well a card runs a canned benchmark. For people like myself who actually play games, I'll stick with the [H] review.

if ATi's claimed 4870 is really 40%>9800gtx, nVidia is pretty much dead in the water unless they start lowering prices to $299 for the 280 gtx
This is true. If the 4870 is 40% faster than the 9800GTX in the slide hotlinked :)rolleyes:) above, that will put it directly in-line with the GTX280.

25 times 1.4 = 35 fps

That would be huge! :D How much longer do we have to wait again?

In the [H] tests I see that the 280GTX is only 50% faster than the 9800GTX, which is very disappointing. It is a next generation flagship model, and it is supposed to be twice as fast as the last generation (well at least according to moores law)

I'm waiting to purchase 2 GX2's for the ATI reviews. Nvidia really blew it this time around.

Dude notice how anandtech does not specify graphics settings for the cards. We don't even know even the res was tested at same graphics settings for the cards, for all we know they coulve ran the gt sli without aa, af but cranked everything up for the gtx just to make it look bad.

And if you read the [H] review you see otherwise. Anand's reviews aren't legit. Well technically they are, if you want to compare how well a card runs a canned benchmark. For people like myself who actually play games, I'll stick with the [H] review.

Thats becasue [H] gets paid by Nvidia.

Thats becasue [H] gets paid by Nvidia.

Sure they are. :rolleyes:

I lost all respect for Anandtech (when it comes to GPUs at least) the minute they decided it would be a good idea to benchmark a goddamn cutscene (Cod4)

Back