Geek Fight Clubs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Even though we’ve seen stuff like this before, I am a sucker for nerd fight club videos. They are like car wrecks, you know you shouldn't look. You don’t want to look. But you have to. Since this video has popped up again, we wanna know...you guys would do this, wouldn’t you?

Don't want to get my pretty face hit. I'm the type of dude where if my nose is even slightly hit, tears immediately rush to my eyes. :D

Would rather wrestle.. a buddy of mine and I got into a drunken wrestling match where I somehow ended up getting him in a triangle choke, then switched it to an arm bar. Granted, I didn't want him to pass out or to break his arm (even if I could), but he wiggled out of it anyway... but I ended up breaking/bending his glasses. D'oh! :(

I understand this completly. I have puched brick walls just for the sensation it produces, it may hurt like hell but it reminds me of being alive.

This is amazing. Good stuff Steve!

Would I do it? Probably not. I'm averse to pain. Read: wimpy.

Looks like fun to me :D but im 6'3 250lbs. Im a bit of an out of shape compute nerd but perhaps my mass can squish them.

bah...go get into MMA. the Ultimate Fighter has seen its share of sys admins and engineers lol. yell at that sys admin about your computer and see what happens :p

I know for a fact Kyle would be down with this kinda stuff...he's just plain mean :D His ass is in the gym most of the week anyhow, he'd be good at this.

On the other hand, I might be giggly and smiles all the time but I would definitely be up for geek fight club. I would only have ONE requirement and that would be pads and protection....for my opponents.... cause I want to hit people [H]ard. :eek:

jezuz, I'm getting worked up just posting about it ;)

Actually, head cover, a cup, and side cover for kidneys. That would do it for me. Taking a kidney punch sucks and you will piss blood for a while.

I know for a fact Kyle would be down with this kinda stuff...he's just plain mean :D His ass is in the gym most of the week anyhow, he'd be good at this.

On the other hand, I might be giggly and smiles all the time but I would definitely be up for geek fight club. I would only have ONE requirement and that would be pads and protection....for my opponents.... cause I want to hit people [H]ard. :eek:

Thank christ for your bad back. You'd pluck their head clean off their shoulders.

Stuff like this does amuse me, wish I could play nice enough lol

I used to fight like that with my brothers and friends, for fun. We beat the shit ouf eachother, some broken bones etc. Problems arose for me when I was about 17 and I got in a fight at school, I blacked out after some guy hit me 3 times, I literally didn't come to until he was almost dead. I seriously had no idea what the hell I was doing, I just went into a blind rage. Some people watching told me what I did afterwards, and told the cops that it was totally self defense as they guy hit me 3 times after I repeatedly attempted to avoid confrontation. Since then I try to avoid fighting altogether, I dont want to kill somebody and go to jail. Or worse yet, go crazy on a much larger guy and get my face smashed in and/or die.

Im not a martial arts expert or anything. I took a couple years of Judo when I was younger and have taken a few random martial arts classes such as Capoeira, and Kempo, but Im no tough guy and I go down easy. But after hearing about what I did to the guy, which was just plain evil, I refuse to fight again unless Im defending the lives of a family member or something.

I would love to get involved in something like this, but I don't want to risk the possibility that one errant punch might end up in disaster for me or my opponent.

Who would you go after? Any particular people or users? Just curious.

I used to fight like that with my brothers and friends, for fun. We beat the shit ouf eachother, some broken bones etc. Problems arose for me when I was about 17 and I got in a fight at school, I blacked out after some guy hit me 3 times, I literally didn't come to until he was almost dead. I seriously had no idea what the hell I was doing, I just went into a blind rage. Some people watching told me what I did afterwards, and told the cops that it was totally self defense as they guy hit me 3 times after I repeatedly attempted to avoid confrontation. Since then I try to avoid fighting altogether, I dont want to kill somebody and go to jail. Or worse yet, go crazy on a much larger guy and get my face smashed in and/or die.

Im not a martial arts expert or anything. I took a couple years of Judo when I was younger and have taken a few random martial arts classes such as Capoeira, and Kempo, but Im no tough guy and I go down easy. But after hearing about what I did to the guy, which was just plain evil, I refuse to fight again unless Im defending the lives of a family member or something.

I would love to get involved in something like this, but I don't want to risk the possibility that one errant punch might end up in disaster for me or my opponent.

Then don't do it. Only because that possibility exists. All it takes is the smallest of punches and you could be done in. Look at that guy in the video who got the side of his face caved in with a seemingly innocent enough looking rabbit punch. Self-defense is one thing, walking into it willingly is something else.

i'd be down as long as there was no face. i really AM considered pretty by most of the opposite sex i am in contact with (whether it's good or bad for a guy to be called pretty is a whole different discussion) but yeah, don't do so hot with the face, anywhere else and i'm down.

You guys don't have to strike. Make the nerd tap or put him to sleep. :) When the fight's over, you both walk away lokoing fresh.

Then don't do it. Only because that possibility exists. All it takes is the smallest of punches and you could be done in. Look at that guy in the video who got the side of his face caved in with a seemingly innocent enough looking rabbit punch. Self-defense is one thing, walking into it willingly is something else.

Precisely the reason I have avoided it :) Im sure there is some medical reason for my blackout, I've heard of things like that happening before. Its entirely possible that I have some sort of minor brain damage from all the fighting I had done before that. Its just not worth it to me just to "feel like more of a man" or whatever. Personally I get more of an adrenalin rush from things like sanctioned car racing (HDPE, etc), that are just as dangerous, but a little less likely to result in me going crazy! haha

On that topic as well... I saw a guy at a bar get hit ONCE by some big 250+ lb dude, he went down and had to be medivaced out of there. Unless your body is conditioned to take hits like that repeatedly, which probably also means you are mildly retarded at that point, simple things like that can easily kill you. I dont care you are, your body is not as tough as your attitude! :LOL: Even ultimate fighters get hurt all the time for stupid little things like an light punch to the temple knocking out and eye ball. Its happened!

Shooting people in GTA IV is enough violence for me. That or punching a hooker after I have sex with her. Either way, i've got what I need. lol

bah...go get into MMA. the Ultimate Fighter has seen its share of sys admins and engineers lol. yell at that sys admin about your computer and see what happens :p

There is a great quote that says:
"I have a shotgun, a short temper, and a raised floor in my server room....don't triffle with me" -some t-shirt

thats pretty wild. :eek: would like to try it at least once, Steve just let me know what day you are there so i skip that day :p

I thought the most disturbing part in the piece is when the reporter feels the need to point out that it's legal. Why would that even be a question? Who would think this is illegal? Makes me sad. :( If dudes wanna beat the crap out of each other in someone's garage that question shouldn't even come up.

heh, i wouldnt survive a minute.. I guess I'll stick with living out my primal urges via video games.. it does a good enough job without breaking any bones :)

I think that's kind of dumb -- these guys really need girlfriends --- geesh. Do something productive or something. This really makes others think that pron would be ok for these guys. I hope they don't bond too much after watching pron though!

Um, SCA'rs have been doing this longer, better, and a whole lot safer.

Plus, you can nerd out with the history and period nature of the fighting arts. It's a blast.

I'm sure I've scene this a long time ago, on the Screen Savers perhaps or even the original Cnet tv show. Nothing new to me here.

Meh, brass rods rolled up into magazines? Not my cup-o-tea. Somebody will get their ass killed.

A good 5 minute bare knuckle randori though. Now that... that's like touching the face of god.

Especially if you don't have to tap out.

damn it! this is in my backyard! I'm seriously interested. me and my buddy would definitely join these guys

Who thinks of this?

If you need to get hit in the face to remember you're alive, then there's something wrong with you. Go put on a bat-suit and stop some crime with that free time of your's.

I've fought in full contact tourneys and in street fights. Looking at my kid reminds me that I'm alive, having a stranger try to cave in my head reminds me how easy it is to die.

Who thinks of this?

If you need to get hit in the face to remember you're alive, then there's something wrong with you. Go put on a bat-suit and stop some crime with that free time of your's.

I've fought in full contact tourneys and in street fights. Looking at my kid reminds me that I'm alive, having a stranger try to cave in my head reminds me how easy it is to die.

I see where you're coming from. but by the same token it's part of tapping into that primal nature we all have. part of shedding that aggression we would actually like to apply to the people we work with some times. I think most of us know how easy it is to die, but if you win it teaches the very valuable lesson of what it is to live as well.oh oh I almost forgot the adrenaline and lots of it.

this makes no sense to me... I got a brown belt in Seido Karate after 5 years, and I cant see any benefits to letting a bunch of untrained nincompoops try and beat each other by any means possible without a sense of danger, urgency, or practice... they may consider themselves prepared to fight another out-of-shape nincompoop who gets too drunk at the office party, but this kind of stuff has limited street value, I imagine...

I can see one loving to spar in organized martial arts, where you are disciplined along with learning fighting skills, but going at it and expecting to learn nothing from the experience is just irrational...

A bunch of cooped up techies like myself, taking their insecurities out on other cooped up techies. Theres martial arts clubs for things like this everywhere! What, you want the added bravado of nobody knowing about it?, I'm sure not every martial arts school needs a copy of your drivers license, and you can always pay in cash and call yourself Captain Claw... to the same end.

Lets see what happen if we put a true ati fan boy against an nvidia ? :D That would be interesting wouldn't it? :D

Back