Gears of War to PS3?

Tigerblade

2[H]4U
So we had the MGS4 to 360 thread....

Now it's time for this tasty article :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178082

Would be a pretty easy money making exercise by Epic as the engine is already running no probs on the PS3. MS has the rights to the first 2 games, so is 3 gonna be multiplatform? Altho it is an old article I can't see it happening myself, I'd think MS would lay some more money down and keep exclusivity but you never know......

Discuss :D

So #2 is not even out yet and you already want to speculate about the third? :rolleyes:

If there's no exclusivity agreement, then sure it could happen, and probably should if epic likes money. See how easy that was PS3 fanboys? You can admit that a 3rd party game that's previously been exclusive to your favorite console could possibly go to the other side, and your penis won't fall off!

Nah, nice try though, with this old article speculating and all.

what if, we all boycott this game? Cuz, i really think that its a little late, and i dont want a xbox 360 port. They want us to buy their games? Make exclusive games for the PS3, and actually PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT!

I imagine if EA or Activision wanted to buy Epic and things actually went through then I could definetly see Gears going multiplatform. As it stands now I think they already have a good fanbase setup on the 360 and will probably continue to remain there for the forseeable future.

The time when third parties remained console exclusive are definetly going away, games are too expensive to produce and companies want to make sure they get the most money out of the investment. Corporations like Microsoft and Sony are also not willing for the most part to foot the bill of bringing over a game as an exclusive unless they know it's a sure fire money maker.

Fuck gears of war, imo.

post of the year

I second the motion!

Anyway PS3 gets Resistance 2, 360 gets GoW2. Seems like a pretty fair split. Hopefully they both have excellent online play to keep the franchises going for a while. I have all 3 consoles and I am definitely picking up R2 over GoW2. Just seems like R2 has a lot more substance and Insomniac Games is amazing at getting everything they can from a platform.

Only way that will happen is if EA publishes it. They are the only ones who would consider outbidding MS for publishing rights. The publisher is the one who chooses the platform since its the one paying for the game, obviously the game is not going to the PS3 as long as MS is the publisher.

Considering EA tried to get GTA I wouldnt be surprised if they try to get Halo or GOW when MS's contract runs out, its much easier for them to publish a game up for grabs than it is to buy out a company with exclusive publishing rights to a game.

If there's no exclusivity agreement, then sure it could happen, and probably should if epic likes money. See how easy that was PS3 fanboys? You can admit that a 3rd party game that's previously been exclusive to your favorite console could possibly go to the other side, and your penis won't fall off!

LOL, I am a big PS3 fanboy. I will openly admit that. I dont really like exclusives because they make me shell out the Monies for a system to play the game. For instance I loved Gears 1, played it on the pc and fell in love. So I just purchased a 360 Premium in lew with the price drop and the 30% ebay thing to play a few numbered games such as Fable 3, Halo 3, and Gears 2. I love the PS3 but I will admit the 360 is a pretty snazzy system, with great games. BUT I wish exclusives didnt exist, cost me a lot less $.

Nah, nice try though, with this old article speculating and all.

I'm not speculating anything, if MS don't decide to renew their deal it's gonna go multiplatform...simple as.....exactly the same as the Tekken 6 scenario altho I'd argue GoW is a far bigger franchise so I still don't think MS will let it go.

Anyway PS3 gets Resistance 2, 360 gets GoW2. Seems like a pretty fair split. Hopefully they both have excellent online play to keep the franchises going for a while.

Resistance 2 online is awesome (so far). 60 players running around in teams sounds messy but works really well. I ended up being backed into an abandoned building last night with 3 other team mates....must have been about 20+ enemies outside hemming us in. Obviously got massacred, but then I spawned into another group of team mates who where holding a street outside a cinema and it just seemed that wave after wave of the enemy were coming round the corner, gave a real epic feel. No lag, smooth as fuck. Gonna try the 8 player co-op tonight :D

If 60 players can give that feeling then 256 with MAG is gonna be insane.

Not going to happen. If it was published by anyone other than MS... sure, but at this point it's a 360 flagship game and it sells a hell of a lot.

I don't see why Epic wouldn't bring it over to PS3. Let's be real here. People are in the gaming business to make money and as much of it as they can. In this day and age it only makes sense for anything 3rd party to go multi. Epic already has experience with the PS3 hardware with UT3 and Im sure there are other games using the U3 engine. It's not like the cost of entry will hurt them. Let's also be real about the hardware performance between both systems being as close indentical as they can be. Neither system has a clear advantage (other than disc capacirt). The Cell isn't all that and neither is 360's whatever it its called. In that sense every game that comes out can be handled by both systems, even MGS4 (3-4 dvds vs 1 bluray disc = i don't care).

I say good for Epic and good for you PS3 owners if they do bring it over.

All that just came from a 100% 360 fanboy! How do you like that response Tiger?

I don't see why Epic wouldn't bring it over to PS3. Let's be real here. People are in the gaming business to make money and as much of it as they can. In this day and age it only makes sense for anything 3rd party to go multi. Epic already has experience with the PS3 hardware with UT3 and Im sure there are other games using the U3 engine. It's not like the cost of entry will hurt them. Let's also be real about the hardware performance between both systems being as close indentical as they can be. Neither system has a clear advantage (other than disc capacirt). The Cell isn't all that and neither is 360's whatever it its called. In that sense every game that comes out can be handled by both systems, even MGS4 (3-4 dvds vs 1 bluray disc = i don't care).

I say good for Epic and good for you PS3 owners if they do bring it over.

All that just came from a 100% 360 fanboy! How do you like that response Tiger?

I'm impressed!

In all honesty tho it wasn't a thread to flush out fanboys/flamewar but one for a genuine discussion. What makes it more interesting is that is an old article, pretty much a year ago and MS still haven't made any moves (that we know of) to tie any more of the series up. Those that say 'impossible/isn't going to happen' have no hard proof to base that opinion on.

Right now, Gears of War is published by MICROSOFT GAME STUIDOS

They'd have to find a new publisher.

I'm not speculating anything, if MS don't decide to renew their deal it's gonna go multiplatform...simple as.....exactly the same as the Tekken 6 scenario altho I'd argue GoW is a far bigger franchise so I still don't think MS will let it go.

Speculation: guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

You are speculating.;)

Gears of war is one of my all time fav games. And i have been playing games a damn long time mainly on the pc i might add.

Has or did Halo go multiplatform? Why would Gears do it then when it's in the same position for the 360 as Halo was for the Box? Plus, I think microsoft would do their damndest to stop it.

Um..Microsoft not only publishes this game, but they also own the IP. They paid Epic to make the game for them and bought the IP rights. Just like Halo, unless MS releases it for the PS3, it will never happen. Epic even had to go to Microsoft to get permission to release the game for PC.

Has or did Halo go multiplatform? Why would Gears do it then when it's in the same position for the 360 as Halo was for the Box? Plus, I think microsoft would do their damndest to stop it.

MS owns IP here too so no MP halo, I think Bungie's next game will be MP if I recall correctly they're not owned by MS anymore.

MS owns IP here too so no MP halo, I think Bungie's next game will be MP if I recall correctly they're not owned by MS anymore.

No they are no longer owned by MS, but Halo 3:Recon is still xbox exclusive, unless anyone can correct me?

Bottom line, if the game is published by Microsoft it will be an xbox360 exclusive. Thus, if Epic finds another publisher for Gears of War 3 it could go multiplatform. Chances of that? Who knows... but xbox360 owners will be enjoying it either way.

Um..Microsoft not only publishes this game, but they also own the IP. They paid Epic to make the game for them and bought the IP rights. Just like Halo, unless MS releases it for the PS3, it will never happen. Epic even had to go to Microsoft to get permission to release the game for PC.

MS doesn't own the ip, you are misinformed.

Who cares, not like I will buy it even if I have a 360. They didn't made it for PC (2), I see no reason for them to release it on PS3. But if you are talking about Gears 1, no, it would be a waste of resource.

You hate your 360 though. I'm surprised you don't spit at it every time you walk past it. :D

atm its used has a display. last time i switched it on was in the summer to download and try a quick 360 demo that wasnt on the ps3 yet :D

Halo will never grace the PlayStation Th-

*FLOP*

What the fuck man.. liar.

Wow, article dated December 2007. It would be great if gears was multiplatform though. I personally don't like exclusives.

Did you even read my original post and the subsequent discussion? :rolleyes:
Sure he did. You posted an old article, then said you could make some money with a PS3 port. It has pretty much all the finesse of a "MGS4 on 360" post, just with fewer facts and less probability. Your sig more or less proclaims you as a Sony fanboy, which makes your speculation even _less_ believable.

MS and Epic are pretty clear, I think you're the confused one.

Just because you are not informed of the facts and can't comprehend that MS owns GOW IP (as stated numerous times by Epic and MS), there is no need to look even more foolish. :rolleyes:

Just because you are not informed of the facts and can't comprehend that MS owns GOW IP (as stated numerous times by Epic and MS), there is no need to look even more foolish. :rolleyes:
I've never seen this, but I have seen the opposite... care to find a link?

I've never seen this, but I have seen the opposite... care to find a link?

No, I don't. However, I think I remember now that Epic actually owns the IP, but Microsoft contracted that IP for their Xbox platform, and supplied development funds for the IP.

I may stand corrected on my MS owns the IP comment.

You are all crazy, it wont come to PS3! I would like to see a trade here...

GoW to PS3

for

Little Big Planet on 360!

Back