Gaming with one hand

I would go with Torchlight, its only $20 and its never ending, you can move, cast spells, and can access everything with a couple of mouse clicks.

How DARE you?!

Dang alot of people are saying RTS's for 1 hand. Just dont play online, becaause when you get competitive it definantly takes 2 hands.
I said can be played, not should be played. Obviously it's better to use the keyboard, but you can still do everything (albeit more slowly) with the mouse.

I used to play CS with a guy that only had 1 hand.... true story, he used some sort of trackball I think.

I have a friend that only has one good hand (left) so he plays every game with only his left hand. Gamecube and Playstation games work best for him since he can use those without problem. He rests the controller on his leg, uses his thumb for the dpad/analog stick, stabilizes the controller with his ring finger and hits the buttons with his other fingers. So if you have a gamecube or playstation try that, or play some RTS like others said.

Last edited:
I had a friend spank me at Killer Instinct with one hand. His right was in a cast and he could only use his thumb.

If you don't mind a pause key on a mouse button, Dragon age and Knights of the Old Republic work great for sure.

You could probably also remap a lot of old rom controls to play with one hand on the keyboard. I know I got pretty good at Sonic with one hand when I broke my arm when I was like 10 lol, not sure how but it worked.

I turned 27 today and my first thought about the thread title had to do with masturbation and gaming.

I need to grow up :|

I turned 27 today and my first thought about the thread title had to do with masturbation and gaming.

I need to grow up :|

I think it's fair to say you'd be in the minority if that wasn't your first thought. ;)

Slightly off topic: I read Microsoft has a setup coming out that will pwn the Wii. You will be able to play games just using body motion and no controller needed. That would be the OP's perfect solution but it's not out yet.

On topic: most strat games can be played with mouse only. I suggest Civ4 or Galactic Civ 2.

I have been known to err, game . . . . with one hand, while err, tabbing between . . . . . windows, while holding a cold pilsner in one hand . . . . yeah that's it

Slightly off topic: I read Microsoft has a setup coming out that will pwn the Wii. You will be able to play games just using body motion and no controller needed. That would be the OP's perfect solution but it's not out yet.

On topic: most strat games can be played with mouse only. I suggest Civ4 or Galactic Civ 2.

You're talking about Natal. Although, unless he's going to play a game where you play a character in a cast(or a game that only makes use of one arm, making me wonder why you'd want "full body motion capture" in the first place...), I don't see how this would be much better :p

Don't know the details of Natal but maybe it won't require full use of the body and some games may need just the wave of a hand to control the game.

Yea, sure.

endianprime at 2009-07-10 09:33 CET:
thats cute, your fucking DL just tried to give me a trojan. since it seems at actually contain the game as well I asume it isn't intentional, avg is the program that found it and it said it found it in your file. I recommend you take down the file scan and remove all viruses and put it back up.

on a side note thanks for the game and the trojan probably jumped ship from your computer meaning your comp either is or was infected, might want to look into that too.

endianprime at 2009-07-10 09:46 CET:
"Trojan horse Generic12.AGEE"

is the name of the trojan, checking my log it came from the patches included with the game.

specifically:
Dungeon keeper 1\Patches\Dungeon Keeper Scroll patch\deeper95_l.exe

Yea, sure.

endianprime at 2009-07-10 09:33 CET:
thats cute, your fucking DL just tried to give me a trojan. since it seems at actually contain the game as well I asume it isn't intentional, avg is the program that found it and it said it found it in your file. I recommend you take down the file scan and remove all viruses and put it back up.

on a side note thanks for the game and the trojan probably jumped ship from your computer meaning your comp either is or was infected, might want to look into that too.

endianprime at 2009-07-10 09:46 CET:
"Trojan horse Generic12.AGEE"

is the name of the trojan, checking my log it came from the patches included with the game.

specifically:
Dungeon keeper 1\Patches\Dungeon Keeper Scroll patch\deeper95_l.exe

That's what virus scanners are for... I use Zone Alarm and Malewarebytes for trojan defense:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You can always pay 100+ bucks for versions that probably won't even run properly on a modern computer. Your choice:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dungeon+keeper

People have to patch retro games y'know:

System Shock Portable ( System Shock 1 )

http://www.strangebedfellows.de/index.php/topic,211.0.html

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well looks like I'll be casted up for 8 weeks. Broke a bone in my right wrist so now I only have one hand. I'm gonna be sitting around a lot, so what are some good games I can play with my left hand? Are there some good pc mouse only games?

Sofft.

I broke my right hand about three years ago, and I was able to play console games with a cast on. The first few days were difficult and I found it easier to just watch TV. About three days after the cast was on I was back online and kicking butt... though it was very difficult.

I remember I had to forfeit from a tournament some friends and I had going b/c of it.

PC gaming was out of the question though... it was too difficult to hold the mouse with my right hand.

Knights of the Old Republic 1+2 let you use the mouse entirely...just hold both mouse buttons to walk.

Well, tough problems require creative solutions. That said...

I have enjoyed using these in the past:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8GFPC100-Nostromo-Speedpad-n52/dp/B0000DC643

would it be possible to put one of these on your thigh and rest your hand on top of it?

Or, alternatively, get a trackball mouse and do the same thing? You'd be back to two-handed gaming. I know it's a stretch, but it might help.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just had shoulder surgery and spent alot of time with Plants vs Zombies.
World of Goo is awesome too. Gets ya mad sometimes though.
Someone else said racing games too. I had to rest my arm on a pillow and sit at an angle to hold the controller but it worked.
hmm....Peggle
That game with the flying frog thing and you shoot colored balls.
Scrabble
Many more i cant think of right now

Pocket Tanks is kool, kids can do that one

That's what virus scanners are for... I use Zone Alarm and Malewarebytes for trojan defense:

I was quoting a post from the link and it was not me saying that. I didn't even attempt to downoad it after reading that though.

I already have Avira and Malwarebytes and certainly don't want or need ZoneAlarm but thanks anyway.

Back