gaming time

14hr CS 1.6 sesion. It was a mistake, was seeing deDust in my sleep for weeks after. :eek:

Numerous 18-20 hour sessions at lan parties playing assorted games. I can't name a specific number though.

Probably about 26 hours for me too. Back in the World of Warcraft Pre-release stress test (at a LAN with friends)

I can't stay up all night at LANs these days. Getting older sucks :(

I remember coming home from school and hopping on a game at 4pm and playing until the next day about 8ish when I crashed.

Now I'm lucky if I'm not bored after an hour or two.

The problem is I tend play to play fast-paced FPS (i.e, CoD) online so if I stay up too late or play for too long my game performance tends to drop off. I've probably had my share 12+ hour gaming sessions though, with some brief/longer breaks included.

You guys are hardcore for me. I don't think I ever done more than 6-7 hours,

When I saw this thread at first, I thought, well we will most likely see 10-12 hours as the max...I come in, 26 hours. And that is when I knew that we got some crazy gamers here :p

My maximum is probably 10-12 hours. I can't imagine being able to play for longer than that without having to either go eat a meal or go to sleep. Nowadays I usually play for an hour or two at a time, and once in a while I play for 3-5 hour stretches.

What is the criteria? Are meals/bathroom breaks/showers ok?

If so, probably around 4 days. I had a period in college where I didn't really sleep for ~4 months due to some medical problems, so I withdrew from classes and just played Asheron's Call 2(RIP). I'd occasionally nod off at the desk for 5 minutes while playing, but I'd always wake up before I got logged out. Other than showers, bathroom breaks, and walking down the hall to get food that was pretty much all I did.

If not, ~14-16 hours

Last edited:
Probably about 10-12 hours, back in my World of Warcraft days. But, since then I have regained my sanity to realize that MMO's are nothing but a virtual prison.

28 hours on an MMO in the mid 90s. (a text based MUD). Many of those oldschool MUDs were very hardcore, in a time when mmo games for the western world were not dumbed down and required the dedication/time of korean style mmo games.

this when when wow first came out and i just hit 60 and just got my epic mount i stayed up for 48 hours playing wow that is the longest i have been up.

~24 hours in Ultima Online, trying to place a castle when Trammel was about to open for housing...it was chaos.

If we were talking about LAN parties and constant gaming I've probably done close to 26 hrs, but for a single game, only about 12 hours.

I've pulled more than a few long stents, so I have no clue which would be the longest. I'd say some easily stretch into the 20s of hours.

At what point do you start to feel sick? I remember a 3 day lan that I went to one time. At the 20 ish hour mark i started feeling sick.

At what point do you start to feel sick? I remember a 3 day lan that I went to one time. At the 20 ish hour mark i started feeling sick.

Nah, it's all about the planning and nutrition. If you are high on sugar and caffeine (or worse) then it may become difficult but the Air raids I went to in EQ1 were really big deals, especially going all the way to the 7th island essentially just so that one guy can get his Mage epic.

Epic is the proper word for what was happening. Lots of people would give up hours and hours of their time for one person. Show me any MMO where that is the case today. That's why the early EQ1 is and forever will be the best MMO, period.

Actual longest was probably a leveling session in daoc/wow. 10+ hours of leveling can actually be fun when you've got a couple friends doing it with you.

A memorable one would be 12-14 hour ML3 raid in daoc. So many parts where each group had to farm a certain number of items, and we had a big raid, so we'd just have to wait 1-2 hours per step.

14 hours, Fallout 2. That's pretty much a constant 14 hours, I didn't even eat, and I stood up only to go to the bathroom a few times which only took 1-2 minutes tops.

That game is amazing.

~15 hours on Mechwarrior 4: Vengence. What was really bad was I did 12+ hours a day for 2 weeks straight.

I've also done 12+ on a bunch of other games like Zelda OoT, Sonic 2, Star Wars Rebellion, Command and Conquer Renegade, and a bunch of other games where me and my friends would just play games all day. During the N64 days me and my friends would play a couple games all day like Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 64.

When I was younger, (in my late teens through late 20s), I might have pulled an all nighter (8-12 hours), a few times, but I have never got near the 20 hours+ some are reporting.

Theses days, I only play for 1-4 hours at a time, and not even every day. Like most other people, real life's demands on my time preclude much more than that.

I've played 10-12 hrs non-stop (starcraft 1, back in the days), which seems relatively normal compared to others. You guys need a life, lol jk!

I've played many 20hr sessions of WoW, Civ 2 on ps1, Romance of Three Kingdoms ps2, and Warcraft 1-2. This was all before graduate school and now I probably don't game more than 40 hrs a year.

Close to 20 hours in an MMO game. I bought a 2x exp points multiplier that only last for 24 hours. I thought I'd just try to make the most of it since it was the weekend and I have nothing planned for it. Without realizing, i went on grinding for the entire day without sleeping.

That was kind of silly now that I think about it. I'm not even active in that game anymore.

Back