Ferramentapenna
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 8, 2010
- Messages
- 3
Heya all. I've been looking at putting together a rig towards the end of summer, but it's been a while since I've built a computer and the technology has gotten ahead of me.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'd like to aim for 800-1000 before tax and shipping, but I'm flexible
3) Where do you live?
Victoria, BC, Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Let's see...Case, mobo, psu, gpu, cpu, ram, HDD, speakers, headphones, mouse and pad, keyboard. I'm a bit of an audio whore, so I'm thinking about a sound card, perhaps surround sound w/ ss headphones, but is it worth it? How are on board ones these days?
EDIT: I wear glasses, so I need REALLY well-padded headphones or they get extremely uncomfortable. The bigger and poofier, the better, though I understand most higher-end gaming headphones have soft padding
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I have a 22" monitor that I'll be reusing, but everything else is going to be new.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Depends. I have experience using Rivatuner but not much else, but I'm happy to learn how to do it if the performance is worth it. If it's REALLY worth it, I would look into fans/cooling gear as well.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
22" widescreen, as above
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next two or three months. Ideally, by the end of august, but it really depends on work and stuff.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Crossfire/SLI might be nice, depending on the other hardware. I'll leave that up for discussion
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Not really...I was thinking about getting Windows 7. My friend had a stack of keys from his friend who works at MS, so I might be able to get a copy that way, but if not, I'll have to buy it.
So..What do you folks recommend?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'd like to aim for 800-1000 before tax and shipping, but I'm flexible
3) Where do you live?
Victoria, BC, Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Let's see...Case, mobo, psu, gpu, cpu, ram, HDD, speakers, headphones, mouse and pad, keyboard. I'm a bit of an audio whore, so I'm thinking about a sound card, perhaps surround sound w/ ss headphones, but is it worth it? How are on board ones these days?
EDIT: I wear glasses, so I need REALLY well-padded headphones or they get extremely uncomfortable. The bigger and poofier, the better, though I understand most higher-end gaming headphones have soft padding
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I have a 22" monitor that I'll be reusing, but everything else is going to be new.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Depends. I have experience using Rivatuner but not much else, but I'm happy to learn how to do it if the performance is worth it. If it's REALLY worth it, I would look into fans/cooling gear as well.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
22" widescreen, as above
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next two or three months. Ideally, by the end of august, but it really depends on work and stuff.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Crossfire/SLI might be nice, depending on the other hardware. I'll leave that up for discussion
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Not really...I was thinking about getting Windows 7. My friend had a stack of keys from his friend who works at MS, so I might be able to get a copy that way, but if not, I'll have to buy it.
So..What do you folks recommend?
Last edited: