gaming pc or xbox one

gamer0622

Weaksauce
I have a dilemma i can build a gaming pc that will serve as a media server or build a media server and get an xbox one?
How are multiplayer on fps pc vs xbox one. I went with xbox one instead ps4 because more people i know have xbox. I will be using my sony 60r550a led to game. I am not an extreme gamer i will only be playing maybe 4 or 5 hrs a week. Not sure how the lag will be for pc gaming on a tv. May i have your opinions.

If i build a gaming pc here are the main components i will use

Cpu: i7 4790k
Mobo: asrock z97e-itx
Ram: 16gb 1866
Gpu: asus r9 290

If i were to do a media server it would be

Cpu: one of the i3 maybe g3258
Mobo: asrock h97m-itx
Ram: 8gb 1600

Well considering your on the hardforum every one is going to say pc. I have a gaming pc and a xbox one and i have been using the xbox one a lot more lately. Having fun with gta 5 and forza 5 online and as much as i would love to get gta 5 for pc i would have to upgrade my dual 6950 and that isnt in my budget right now. You cant beat the xbox one for the price that they are offering it at.

Build a PC for the living room for Media and Games IMHO. Get a nice powerful GPU in the system so that your games look great at 1080p@60FPS (Maybe even with DSR or equivalent) and also so that your media looks incredible with MadVR!

Like Nick_Leo said, this is [H] so pc or both will be the common answer here. Ultimate living room pc is the best answer, but if you want simple, no fuss gaming with some of your other xbox friends, go that route.

Cheers!

I was going to build a new pc in November for gaming, I decided to just wait and buy an xbox one. I haven't got it yet, but I don't think I'll regret for the time being. I can always build a gaming PC in the near future is I so desire.

It really just depends what you're after, I just want the casual sitting on the couch type of gaming.

If you want to set it and forget it, Xbox One.
If you want the best possible experience and don't mind putting in the work, PC.

Alternatively, do both. Years ago, I got a Xbox 360 and a new gaming PC as I wanted both experiences.

Back