Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

The 1000 divider on the modded bios doesnt even work with my ram :(
in the modded bios:
choosing DDR2 400 means ram@800 (pc6400)
choosing DDR2 533 means ram@1066(pc8500)...
So choosing DDR2 1000 will be quite impossible!

Does anyone know how to rebuild a RAID-1 array on this board? Say one of my HDDs failed and I want to replace it with a new one.

I (SFFStore.com) has stopped selling these boards as I've lost more customers and money then gained.

I hope Abit will get a the problem fixed and I can sell them again...but until then, I can't go bankrupt :)

Hi to all!

I've finally bought too an abit f-i90hd with a celeron 331 in order to wait till c2d's price goes down at the end of this month.
This card has the m612a11's bios and is equipped with :
- 2*512mb gskill PK running at 400 5-5-5-15-21
- x800 GTO Powercolor
- HDD Samsung spinpoint 160 SATA 2
- Benq DVD Writer
- Minityphoon modded with coolink 921 SWiF
- Seasonic S12 380w

I decided to torture the celeron till i get the c2d, anyway i was gentle and gone slowly to see until which frequency i could go, and i've reached 4,2ghz with a vcore of 1,68v and XD disabled, i got the time to do a screenshot and a 1M Super Pi then reboot..
I did a clear cmos and returned to the bios to set the maximum frequency at a stock vcore (1,34v), this was like 2 days ago..Today i decided to retry but i couldn't go further 3,6ghz stable. Then i noticed that the vcore is stucked at 1,34v (seen in bios, cpuz & speedfan) whatever vcore i put in bios..

I tried clear cmos, bios update to a modded one, still the same...

If you have any idea, thanks in advance

ju

I (SFFStore.com) has stopped selling these boards as I've lost more customers and money then gained.

I hope Abit will get a the problem fixed and I can sell them again...but until then, I can't go bankrupt :)

Jakers,

Crossing my fingers that my board holds up.

I am actually gonna use it a bit more in the next couple weeks leading up to a Lan party I am going to.

I'm running into trouble now folks. Getting BSOD prior to BIOS load...no friggen clue what it means. I've run every diagnostice under the sun for RAM/ HDs and CPU with zero problems. Starting to regret the hype for this board...

How's the P5B-VM DO? ;)

I'm running into trouble now folks. Getting BSOD prior to BIOS load...no friggen clue what it means. I've run every diagnostice under the sun for RAM/ HDs and CPU with zero problems. Starting to regret the hype for this board...

How's the P5B-VM DO? ;)

Personally I'm just hoping it lasts long enough till these pop up.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2007/asrock/cebit/g1.htm

As for the P5B. I dont know personally, but I've heard favorable things about it.

How's the P5B-VM DO? ;)

I am sorry to hear that...

I hope mine doesn't go the way of the dodo as well...

If it does then I am going back to Shuttle... the only reason to use Matx in my opinion is sound and possibly overclock. Since Creative seems to have problems with 4gb and cannot connect to the front panel of the SUGO... may as well go back to onboard sound and a smaller Shuttle case.

Steeeve

is there any word form Abit as to why the boards are dying.

They have not responded to my post on the Abit hexus forum yet. but it is a bank holiday in the uk today so ill wait untill the the end of the next working day.

http://forums.hexus.net/forumdisplay.php?f=171

As far as I know Abit doesn't seem to think a problem exists.

I am unsure which is why I stopped selling them (not to mention the number of customers blaming me).

I think you forgot to put the word IGNORANT in front of customers because anyone who blames the vendor for Abit's screw-up is obviously misinformed. But hey you know the saying Ignorance is Bliss

Steeeve

is there any word form Abit as to why the boards are dying.

They have not responded to my post on the Abit hexus forum yet. but it is a bank holiday in the uk today so ill wait untill the the end of the next working day.

http://forums.hexus.net/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Maybe it's because your post on their support is:
Why are so many F-i90hd boards failing?

What is the fault that the returned boards have?

You've given them really no information about anything to confirm, nor have you approached them in a manner that may increase the odds of them answering you. Basically, your post sounds like some sort of speculative attack. Give it some substance (ie: highlight some of the problems that have occurred, etc...) and they MIGHT get back to you.

"Might" because you haven't identified yourself as someone having a problem, so why would they even be obligated to answer you? Not to mention, you're asking tech people to admit a problem that may constituate a substantial loss for the company as a whole. The way you're asking it, you might as well ask a PR person because that's who would really be answering your implication in order to prevent admission of a fault.

I think your question is pretty valid, though, considering what most people here are observing, but you might want to ask it differently or something to increase the likelihood of a response.

I've tried to register there a few times in the past but so far all in failure. Personally, I'm not that impressed with their site or support. If someone could post a question there asking if they plan to offer a new BIOS update for the F-I90HD mobo that would be a help. I'd do it myself if I could ever get rigistered.

Drat! Does anyone know where else I can purchase this board? I was/am willing to take the risk that is fails on me, as I've really had my heart set on it. I had everything speced out on Newegg/SFFStore for my SFF built around this board. I was just hanging tight until the April 22 price cuts to pull the trigger. :(

Maybe it's because your post on their support is:

You've given them really no information about anything to confirm, nor have you approached them in a manner that may increase the odds of them answering you. Basically, your post sounds like some sort of speculative attack. Give it some substance (ie: highlight some of the problems that have occurred, etc...) and they MIGHT get back to you.

"Might" because you haven't identified yourself as someone having a problem, so why would they even be obligated to answer you? Not to mention, you're asking tech people to admit a problem that may constituate a substantial loss for the company as a whole. The way you're asking it, you might as well ask a PR person because that's who would really be answering your implication in order to prevent admission of a fault.

I think your question is pretty valid, though, considering what most people here are observing, but you might want to ask it differently or something to increase the likelihood of a response.

well i was just hoping others would post too. i was just trying to get the ball rolling. and it wasnt intended as a speculative attack. It was intended as an attack. i know that they know that there is a problem, its quite obvious.

they also should know who i am by now as ive emailed abit UK several times and have given them links to threads. I also think that if they ignor it completely it will not be in their interests.

Drat! Does anyone know where else I can purchase this board? I was/am willing to take the risk that is fails on me, as I've really had my heart set on it. I had everything speced out on Newegg/SFFStore for my SFF built around this board. I was just hanging tight until the April 22 price cuts to pull the trigger. :(

I'll sell you one if you really want...just give me an email at [email protected]

steeeve do u think u could get the fatality version of the cnps7700 cpu cooler? do u noe if the nt01 is good? i really want to buy a new cpu cooler, but i really want it to be red. also are the red orbs any good like the blue orb 2?

steeeve do u think u could get the fatality version of the cnps7700 cpu cooler? do u noe if the nt01 is good? i really want to buy a new cpu cooler, but i really want it to be red. also are the red orbs any good like the blue orb 2?

I thought the NT01 was discontinued...hmmm.

The red orb sucks...and Thermaltake told me so.

the fatality cnps7700...hmmm...email me about it and I'll look into it.

Does anyone else knwo where I can get this board? I'm looking to pick it up in the future, as its exactly what I need.

I ended up returning the 2nd board today. I was having some strange random shutdown issues. I hope another manufacturer comes out with a board with similar specs that works :(

You know whats odd about these problems?

A) The board has problems right out of the box.
B) The board dies suddenly.
C) The board has no problems at all.

Something is just fishy about this board. If this board dies on me I may just take my loses and jump the boat. So far though, I've had no problems except a DoA HDD. Everything runs perfect. I havent put any heavy loads on it yet because I dont have a graphics card for my SFF box, but its running fine still.

On a more positive note.

I have built the following Vista MCE PC based on the F-I90HD without any significant hardware problems:

Abit F-I90HD - BIOS ID:11 - 2/11/2007 (from the Abit Web Site)
Abit - AirPace Wi-Fi (PCI-E)
Intel C2D - E4300 - No Overclock (Not before a mature BIOS)
SilverStone - SG01B Evolution
Antec - EarthWatts EA380 EC
OCZ - Gold GX XTC - 2x512 MB, PC2-6400 DDR2-800, CAS 5-5-5-12 @ 2.1V (OCZ2G8001GK)
Western Digital - WD Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS
Hauppauge - WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE
Microsoft Vista 32 bit - Home Premium UK
Using HDMI to a Samsung HDTV (720p) - Pretty good picture in my opinion. Too bad analogue tv tuner cards kind of suck in general.

The problems that I have had have almost all been driver related in some way but are not show stoppers. They include issues with Hauppauge drivers (wrong resolution displayed - fixed), Ati Catalyst 7.3 (BSOD), HDMI issues (no sound, black screens) in certain situations.

I have experienced problems with booting with a USB keyboard and have noted the following known MB issue: Powering back on by the psu switch without shorting the power on connectors.

The media center in Vista has been surprising stable but has crashed a couple times after I have watched HD Video via open source codecs. I haven't looked at using the standby function too much yet but I know I will have issues with that via HDMI at least.

I have tested both 720p and 1080p video samples (directly from the harddisk). The 720p content looked great .. no problems. The 1080p content was almost smooth but I did get periodic sync problems with the audio (not sure this can't be corrected). In my opinion, it still is only theoretical that Blu-ray / HD DVD content (1080p) can be played via the onboard graphics on this system but I still definately have hope in any case. I need someone to do conclusive testing here since all I read is unsubstantiated claims on the issue. The Vista / ATI drivers are too green now in any case. If anyone hasn't noticed Abits homepage no longer claims "HDTV in 1080p" but "HDTV in 1080i". Sorry Abit but this was very lame of you. I guess "HDTV in 720p" would actually be admitting you made a mistake.

woohoo! 3rd board went the way of the first. finishes loading windows and then shuts off. doesnt matter what cpu is in there, what psu i use, what hdd, which keyboard, blah. safe mode does the same thing. booting from windows cd does the same thing. just stopped working correctly. dang... i want this board to be awesome so badly. lol. yaye! another drive to fry's! ;p
hope there's something worthwhile there so i can splurge....

That post at abit.care@HEXUS about the F-I90HD problem isnt going well apparently. j1979 is having trouble convincing them its not his psu.

Well I guess I am the only one left that has an I90-HD that is still running. I hate to say this but I actually come to this forum just so I can see how many have died lately. I have OCed the hell out of this board and memory (370fsb) from day 1 and it has done nothing but run like a bat out of hell. I am getting ready to sell it and get me a DFI Infinity P965-S board so I can see if I can break 500fsb. The SFF has been fun for the past few months, but overall the motherboard choices are minimal. Does anyone want to buy a used I90-HD? :D

That post at abit.care@HEXUS about the F-I90HD problem isnt going well apparently. j1979 is having trouble convincing them its not his psu.

where's the link? maybe i can go lend a hand...

Well I guess I am the only one left that has an I90-HD that is still running. I hate to say this but I actually come to this forum just so I can see how many have died lately. I have OCed the hell out of this board and memory (370fsb) from day 1 and it has done nothing but run like a bat out of hell.

Ditto, I'm still running an E4300@3150mhz with this. All these fried mobo's better not jinx mine!

[LYL]Homer;1030892492 said:
Ditto, I'm still running an E4300@3150mhz with this. All these fried mobo's better not jinx mine!

i envy you. i wonder what abit would have done if i'd sent them all the boards i've had...i'm thinking of exchanging this one for another, if there are any left at frys. ;p weird... so many sold, i'm guessing i'm just too paranoid or something. boggles my mind.

[LYL]Homer;1030892492 said:

I bought one of the first boards available retail at Fry's, mine is still running fine also and I have been putting a heavy gaming load on it!

My E4300 is OC'd to 2.88 with 2GB Patriot 800mhz ram, 8800GTS 640 OC, X-Fi Fatality and an Enermax Liberty 620W PSU with NT06 Lite CPU cooler.

I just got of these boards and got it fired up with an E4300 (at stock right now). Seems to be working so far, but... my DVICO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold won't fully insert into the PCI slot since a capacitor is getting in the way. What the heck? Anyone got any ideas or am I going to have to return it for something as silly as that?

I started selling these boards again as some folks still want them. My position hasn't really changed so please know you purchase at your own risk :)

I started selling these boards again as some folks still want them. My position hasn't really changed so please know you purchase at your own risk :)

Hi Steeeeve ... just curious ...

I noticed that the page about this board in your store mentions you talking to abit ... did you get there current position on these issues or any other assurances that you can share with us. You don't sound very reassured in any case.

I would understand if you feel this is confidential info.

the guy who mentioned the psu likes to annoy me, we had an argument on another thread about coping software and now he just adds a comment in any thread im in.

Mine running fine as well, was @350 for a few weeks, but lately @stock beacuse of my masters, which is due may 2. - no need to push your luck..

Back