Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

Yeah, I finally got abit to call me back .

The boards are available for pre-order tomorrow starting at 3:30pm EST :cool:

I secured 100 of them so lets hope it all goes as planned.

Yeah, I finally got abit to call me back .

The boards are available for pre-order tomorrow starting at 3:30pm EST :cool:

I secured 100 of them so lets hope it all goes as planned.

Do you ship to Australia? :confused: I'm dying to get one of these boards

how does this mobo behave with creative xfi cards? Im asking this because i had a bad experience with a DFI mATX that had an ATI chipset. I built an amd system with a 8800 GTS and xfi card and when i played bf2142, i got garbled sound and bsod. Anyone use a xfi on this mobo without problems?

For those of you looking to save a little cash, Fry's (at least in Houston) is running a special--an E4300 and this motherboard for $263.99. The deal lasts through Tuesday.

how does this mobo behave with creative xfi cards? Im asking this because i had a bad experience with a DFI mATX that had an ATI chipset. I built an amd system with a 8800 GTS and xfi card and when i played bf2142, i got garbled sound and bsod. Anyone use a xfi on this mobo without problems?
Works fine. That sounds like a BF2142/X-Fi problem.

Steeeve you should be about $12 under the lowest price on Froogle I saw yesterday. You should raise your prices! You can't be making that much money right now and you know the big boys will catch up to you soon enough... Stay competitive while you can.

Supply and demand, too. If you sell out in 5 minutes because of better prices, it hurts the other guys looking to try to get the board. Then again if you have 100 coming in, it might be a smart move.

anyone have a QuadCore on this sucker yet?

I know we all want to see about the lowest$ CPU highest OC...but if we are talking about "oomph" in an SFF gaming system, not everybody is buying a 4300 ;)

anyone have a QuadCore on this sucker yet?

I know we all want to see about the lowest$ CPU highest OC...but if we are talking about "oomph" in an SFF gaming system, not everybody is buying a 4300 ;)

I think an x6800 is more interesting (lower consumption & lower heat dissipation) in a sff rig!

true, my 6700 is at 3.5, but for my next rig I want Quad to make background HD decoding more feasible.

I wonder if the Quad at 35% load heats up more than a Dual at 70% load? All other things equal across the cores...

Seems like their are no problems...just a few first batch issues like with most boards. The next ones coming out are 2nd batch.

Well, thats good news I guess. Now I gotta decide wether to pre-order from you or just wait for further reviews and then order from you. Decisions...decisions...:D I'm going to assume pre-orders will actually ship out between March 30 and April 4th?

Well I finally got my system put together last night. Absolutely no problems. I have to manually set my memory (PQI Turbo), but thats not that big of an issue.

Hopefully something wont go horribly wrong on my board. ;) I dont plan on overclocking it (at least for the time being). Everything fit together fairly easily though. Zero complications.

On the other hand, I've found numerous quirks about putting together an X-Gene Case. Those Short Cable versions of the Element PSU sure are annoying! You cant open the sections completely unless you unlatch the power connectors because the cables are too short. I also cut myself pretty bad on my CDROM so its cristened with blood. ;)

Well, thats good news I guess. Now I gotta decide wether to pre-order from you or just wait for further reviews and then order from you. Decisions...decisions...:D I'm going to assume pre-orders will actually ship out between March 30 and April 4th?

Yeah, abit gets them in next Tuesday (late) and ships them to distributors on wednesday and if you live in California it will ship Thursday or Friday...if you live on the east it will probably be later (like monday-tuesday)

Works fine. That sounds like a BF2142/X-Fi problem.

Steeeve you should be about $12 under the lowest price on Froogle I saw yesterday. You should raise your prices! You can't be making that much money right now and you know the big boys will catch up to you soon enough... Stay competitive while you can.

Supply and demand, too. If you sell out in 5 minutes because of better prices, it hurts the other guys looking to try to get the board. Then again if you have 100 coming in, it might be a smart move.

To be honest with you this is actually a way to get people to know my site and make it grow. I sell these boards at cost really and the goal is for people to like what they see and how I do things and hopefully they will come back with future orders :).

SFFStore really is just a store to try and help SFF take off more. If I were in it to make money then I'd be out of business already haha. I already have a job as an accountant anyway.

Update on HDMI and DVD playback. Now working perfect with sound and no jerkiness - just needed a copy of PowerDVD 7 which includes Avivo hardware support option. Lovely stuff - except that i can't overclock as much as i want when using the o/b video!:)

Do anybody know if the board accept mobile Core Duo like T2300 or Celeron M430?

Do anybody know if the board accept mobile Core Duo like T2300 or Celeron M430?

No, that is a different socket.

And i dont know where you guys are getting this rev1.01 shit. Abit has no plans to release a new rev.

That prolly means my cross shipped RMA won't go out till Wednesday then.

Yeah, they won't ship until Monday....are you the one I spoke with the other day that had 2 boards dead? If so, I called abit and they were under the impression that it would ship Wednesday...either way I am going to call them again and make sure it goes well.

No, that is a different socket.

And i dont know where you guys are getting this rev1.01 shit. Abit has no plans to release a new rev.

yeah, second batch doesn't mean 1.01...it just means they have some experience with them now. Like anything you get better at it as you do it more.

Guys,

I'm stumped I have the F-I90HD paired with a SIlverStone SG01e case, a Silverstone ST50EF plus (500W) PSU, a Intel E6600, 2 sticks (2x1gb) Patriot eXtreme RAM, a 500GB
SATA HD, a Liteon SATA DVD burner, So everytime I get to the "To install Windows, press enter" prompt the box shuts down!:confused: . If I stay in the BIOS it stays on, as soon as I get to the "enter" part the system shuts off! Any ideas?????

so tempted to pre-order, but i'm too impatient. ;p saw an ad in fry's paper online... hmm.. maybe i should just get a buddy in california to buy one and send it to me. bwahha!

Guys,

I'm stumped I have the F-I90HD paired with a SIlverStone SG01e case, a Silverstone ST50EF plus (500W) PSU, a Intel E6600, 2 sticks (2x1gb) Patriot eXtreme RAM, a 500GB
SATA HD, a Liteon SATA DVD burner, So everytime I get to the "To install Windows, press enter" prompt the box shuts down!:confused: . If I stay in the BIOS it stays on, as soon as I get to the "enter" part the system shuts off! Any ideas?????

I had the same problem with the board and I have the same RAM as you. Everyone told me to make sure to change the voltage settings to 2.2 and the timings to 4-4-4-12 and that would solve my problem. It didn't though. Are you installing Vista 32 bit?

edit: I was also using two SATA drives and installing vista into a Silverstone case for that matter our builds were eirilly similar. I want to say first make sure you set the correct settings for the RAM which is necessary but not sufficient. Then try installing vista using an IDE drive. Finally I would suggest installing XP initally then upgrading to vista. I never resolved the problem, but I never did anything besides setting the correct ram timings. I gave up and got an ASUS P5W because I heard these boards were dying after a while and the added initial hassle just led me to return it Fry's (after getting it replaced at Fry's once before).

so tempted to pre-order, but i'm too impatient. ;p saw an ad in fry's paper online... hmm.. maybe i should just get a buddy in california to buy one and send it to me. bwahha!

You should pre-order :) It helps me out and you will have to wait for shipping anyway (won't ship until Monday at best).

Is it just me or my CPU-Z, but can you not overclock your memory with this board? Mine stays locked at whatever I set it to...

I had the same problem with the board and I have the same RAM as you. Everyone told me to make sure to change the voltage settings to 2.2 and the timings to 4-4-4-12 and that would solve my problem. It didn't though. Are you installing Vista 32 bit?

edit: I was also using two SATA drives and installing vista into a Silverstone case for that matter our builds were eirilly similar. I want to say first make sure you set the correct settings for the RAM which is necessary but not sufficient. Then try installing vista using an IDE drive. Finally I would suggest installing XP initally then upgrading to vista. I never resolved the problem, but I never did anything besides setting the correct ram timings. I gave up and got an ASUS P5W because I heard these boards were dying after a while and the added initial hassle just led me to return it Fry's (after getting it replaced at Fry's once before).

I'll tell you if I do not get this going soon, I'll do the same thing you did and say f**k this board and going with something that always worked for me ASUS and Intel. This is getting old real fast, first there was no video then I could not get into the BIOS setup with a USB connected keyboard (once Iconnected to the PS2 connector it worked fine). I have all this junk sitting here for a week now and did not even get to the windows xp install!:mad:

A question for you guys, I'm using a WIN XP Pro install CD with SP2 slipstreamed on it. So I assume windows will recognize the SATA HD? Or do I need to do the old F6 deal and then load the SATA drivers from a floppy?

Yeah, they won't ship until Monday....are you the one I spoke with the other day that had 2 boards dead? If so, I called abit and they were under the impression that it would ship Wednesday...either way I am going to call them again and make sure it goes well.

Different person, I've just had the one go bad. Well... we'll see when the new one gets here =p

^^ I believe it will pick up the sata drive without a problem.

Is it just me or my CPU-Z, but can you not overclock your memory with this board? Mine stays locked at whatever I set it to...
Just use memset, if you want to bother with the mem. Settings in bios hardly ever work nowadays.

YAY! No...

Running E4300 at stock speed and installed XP SP1 then Ethernet and audio driver.
Now I was downloading SP2 and suddenly the computer rebooted. WTF!? When it got back into Windows after 3 seconds it booted again. :-( I don't trust the setup anymore now. I see no reason for that to happen.

Now it is back in Windows and I will let it run all the night doing nothing. It's time to go sleep and I guess I will have nightmares.

You should pre-order :) It helps me out and you will have to wait for shipping anyway (won't ship until Monday at best).

dang... temptation. haha. if i order from you steve.... i'm going to order a case too, and the carrying case accessory. hmm.. i shouldnt wait, but i think i'm going to.

it is very strange. everytime i will to install windows xp (oced 3.0ghz) and used intergerated video card. it is automatic reboot.

does anyone know why it is doing that?

Back