Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

steve's got some competition! i almost bought from directron.com as they were they only site with it in stock on saturday night. now the price dropped from 135 to 114. i bet i know why. bwahahahaa! you rock steve! http://www.directron.com/fi90hd.html

Just got back from the Seattle area Fry's to get a CPU and some odds and ends. They had 15 boards that I could count, although it was chaotic as they were restacking boxes of motherboards.

Ahhh, now the fun begins - I've got everything to assemble!

[LYL]Homer;1030740654 said:
Just got back from the Seattle area Fry's to get a CPU and some odds and ends. They had 15 boards that I could count, although it was chaotic as they were restacking boxes of motherboards.

Ahhh, now the fun begins - I've got everything to assemble!

lucky :( im still waiting for most of my parts to get here... im excited to hook it all up

will be anice upgrade from an A64 3500+ (which might go to the gf and i might keep this instead of giving it to here haha)

I went by FRY's again tonight to pick up an E4300 CPU for $170 and they had about 10 F-190HD boards in stock.

The good news is that I was able to easily OC my E4300 to 3.0ghz (9x340) by simply bumping the Vcore to 1.375 and NB to 1.94V on the first try! :cool:

I went by FRY's again tonight to pick up an E4300 CPU for $170 and they had about 10 F-190HD boards in stock.

The good news is that I was able to easily OC my E4300 to 3.0ghz (9x340) by simply bumping the Vcore to 1.375 and NB to 1.94V on the first try! :cool:

Shazam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well I guess I found my next motherboard:D EZ

Ok, I'm at 370fsb - 3326mhz - no problem! I just tried 380 and it crapped out. Here's what I'm running:

E4300 Q641A373
Stock cooler
WD Raptor 150
2x1gb PNY per hardforum, $92 http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1157009
7900GT
Samsung DVD burner
XP Pro SP2

First thing I did was pull the heatsinks off and remove a little square of factory compound that was way too big. Then I put on AS5 and reinstalled the heatsinks. I then mounted the stock Intel HSF, also with AS5.

I went to 350fsb with the shipped BIOS, then changed to the chris.dark modded one. Ram set at 333. Per dworley's first try I upped voltage then as follows:

cpu 1.375v
ddr 1.90v
nb1.2 1.3v
nb1.8 1.944v

Went to 350, then 360, then 370 with the above. Gotta call it a night, more tweaking to follow.

SuperPi 1M = 21.703s (@370)

Goddam! After living since September with a crappy ECS/E6300 combo (while waiting for this mobo) that wouldn't overclock for beans this think is damn snappy!

Edit: This is in a SG01 with the cover off for now - temps per Abit EQ are 43/37/40 idle and 53/37/44 max while calculating 2M SuperPi.

SuperPi 2M = 59.829s (@370)

careful with the geil sticks. i heard earlier versions are micron d9 and the latests ones arent. so yah... some cant even oc over the stock 800... that's from xtremesystems.com's ddr2 list. i think.

I think you might have your facts reversed. The GBHZ pre-May '06 used Elpida chips, but after May '06 they switched it to Micron D9 (see http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101762). Unless there is a new development that I am not aware of, yet, of course. :D .

And about the CPU and memory FSB frequency being independant: That is of course also true. However, you might end up getting faster overall performance if your memory and the cpu is running on a 1:1 divider (as would be the case with the CPU running on 333MHz and the memory doing DDR2-667). This would need to be tested, of course.

Cheers,

I think you might have your facts reversed. The GBHZ pre-May '06 used Elpida chips, but after May '06 they switched it to Micron D9 (see http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101762). Unless there is a new development that I am not aware of, yet, of course. :D .

And about the CPU and memory FSB frequency being independant: That is of course also true. However, you might end up getting faster overall performance if your memory and the cpu is running on a 1:1 divider (as would be the case with the CPU running on 333MHz and the memory doing DDR2-667). This would need to be tested, of course.

Cheers,

dunno, it might be an isolated incident, but one of the most recent posts complains about orange geil sticks. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90973&page=5&highlight=geil
not sure about g.skill as there are so many of them. i just remember the red ones are cheap, the green ones are okay, and the light blue ones are one of the best... or something like that. oh yah, black ones are real good. haha.

I have this Abit mobo connected to my home theater receiver using the SPDIF output. The problem is that the SPDIF only outputs 2 channels (front left & front right). I can't get all five channels to work. Try the 3D demo in the Realtek utility and you'll see what i mean. I even updated to the latest driver and it still does the same.

What gives am i missing something here? How can they market this mobo as an HTPC board if the SPDIF can only get 2 channels to work. If anyone knows the solution to this problem, i'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Man! sounds so easy! did u use shipped bios or modded bios? BTW, how's with the mem speed? i have corsair xms 800mhz ddr2, so should i lower it to 667 or 333? Sry for noob question, never overclock cpu before :D

[LYL]Homer;1030741652 said:
SuperPi 1M = 21.703s (@370)

Something is wrong... pvhk got 21.515s @333 and mem 333 (was set to 333 in BIOS instead of 1:1 so async but must give about same as sync).

Your CPU was running 3.3GHz while his 3GHz. Since you have the modded BIOS I would try 370 * 8 (so CPU will run @ 3GHz) and try to sync mem 1:1

667nc8.jpg

Hey Steeeeve, I bought one of these motherboards from you and I was wondering what type of shipping is used. I can't wait for it so I can try to see how far I can go with an E6400 and some Crucial 10th Anniversary Crucial ram with Micron D9GMH (B6-3) chips. Thx.

Hey Steeeeve, I bought one of these motherboards from you and I was wondering what type of shipping is used. I can't wait for it so I can try to see how far I can go with an E6400 and some Crucial 10th Anniversary Crucial ram with Micron D9GMH (B6-3) chips. Thx.

UPS ground is used because shipping costs are so high(thank the gas prices).

It either will ship from Chicago, IL or Harrisburg, PA depending on location.

Steve

Yes got my sweet chili red mobo today !!! :D

Im running E4300 @ 350 FSB Vcore 1.4 :)

at the moment im going to install os, before trying to o.c it more!

Man! sounds so easy! did u use shipped bios or modded bios? BTW, how's with the mem speed? i have corsair xms 800mhz ddr2, so should i lower it to 667 or 333? Sry for noob question, never overclock cpu before :D

Stock BIOS and set memory to 800mhz 4-4-4-12 for my 2GB DDR2 800 Patriot LLK

It was very easy to OC! I OC'ed my C2D 6700 to 3.2 and my E4300 to 3.0 on this MB which is fast enough.....I did not try to go any higher as I need it to run cool in my SFF.

I can run BF2142 @1900x1200 at high details, 16X, 16AF, Supersampling and get FPS in the 45-75 range in 64 player on-line games.

It was very easy to OC! I OC'ed my C2D 6700 to 3.2 and my E4300 to 3.0 on this MB which is fast enough.....I did not try to go any higher as I need it to run cool in my SFF.

I can run BF2142 @1900x1200 at high details, 16X, 16AF, Supersampling and get FPS in the 45-75 range in 64 player on-line games.
Thx for the reply! Man can't wait to get this board. I assume u didn't use onboard graphics to play BF2142, right?

When did everyone get all conservative? I plan on pushing this thing past 370. I can't believe I'm running the highest FSB in this forum.

With my voltages the STOCK cooler and mobo heatsinks are still only very modestly warm to the touch. Where's the "crank it to the max, then back off for stability" approach? :D

UPS ground is used because shipping costs are so high(thank the gas prices).

It either will ship from Chicago, IL or Harrisburg, PA depending on location.

Steve

damn I live in Chicago. Does that mean local pickup might be an option?

Hi Dworley,
I copied your you OC settings and they work great. Thanks!
Are you using the SPDIF on the mobo or the back miniplugs for audio? If you are using SPDIF, can you check that you are getting 5.1 sound? I am only getting 2 channel on my SPDIF.

I wrote ABIT:

"Message: I am requesting an updated bios. I would like to be able to adjust
PCI-E frequency, adjust memory timings, voltages, and other settings that
are currently not shown in the shipped bios. The bios I have say
\"evaluation\". I would like an updated bios please. This motherboard is
from the Fatal1ty family of products, so performance should come first!"

They wrote me back:

Dear Customer,

BIOS update v.11 for F-I90HD is attached to this e-mail.

Please update the BIOS regarding to this issue.

If you have any questions, please let us know
Thank you

Best Regards,

Abit Technical Support Team

I wrote ABIT:

"Message: I am requesting an updated bios. I would like to be able to adjust
PCI-E frequency, adjust memory timings, voltages, and other settings that
are currently not shown in the shipped bios. The bios I have say
\"evaluation\". I would like an updated bios please. This motherboard is
from the Fatal1ty family of products, so performance should come first!"

They wrote me back:

Dear Customer,

BIOS update v.11 for F-I90HD is attached to this e-mail.

Please update the BIOS regarding to this issue.

If you have any questions, please let us know
Thank you

Best Regards,

Abit Technical Support Team

Ok not exactly true since some options are missing in the new BIOS but that's a great step... more they receive comments on it more they will move.

Has anyone experienced any problems with SATA? Connection/Install? Performance? I'm just curious. Debating between Raptor or Seagate 7200.10 drives as well as a Plextor 760a burner or something cheaper.

I still dont get it. Why are the Super PI calculations so slow? My stock E6600 is doing it equally as fast. Is that a problem?

Back