'Gaming Disorder' Survey

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Armenius, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

The WHO has put up a survey to gather data for gaming disorder diagnoses and give participants an idea of how they stand in comparison to others. The final evaluation gives a score out of 20, with anything 5 or above meaning "at risk."

I believe I answered everything as honestly as I could and it gave me a 4/20, so I guess that means I need to pump those numbers up.

https://do-i-play-too-much-videogames.com

upload_2019-6-4_15-52-17.png

Looks like their bell curve peaks between a 7 and 8.

upload_2019-6-4_15-57-15.png

No surprise here that gaming is primarily a recreational activity among gamers.

upload_2019-6-4_15-59-52.png

I'm very much an introvert, but am confident in who I am as a person and generally get along well with others in real life activities (not so much online :troll:). Not surprised to see I very much fall outside the mold in their sample. Kind of surprised by the average agreeableness and openness, though.

Interesting to say the least. I scoffed at some of the questions, especially some of the behavioral ones that didn't give a neutral or N/A option. There was a smartphone section that did the same, which I found hilarious considering I don't own a smartphone. Plenty of questions that were loaded and biased, which I took the time to think about critically and answer directly.

2. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

I took the test while eating earlier, here are the results:

upload_2019-6-5_14-25-52.png

upload_2019-6-5_14-26-10.png

upload_2019-6-5_14-26-26.png

Looks pretty spot on. I'm far from an introvert in online and offline, and I'm generally very easy going, but have a lot of ambition in what I do daily. I'm surprised how well rounded everything came out for chart 3, but I did also answer as truthfully as I could. I was thinking it'd lean even more towards recreation for chart 2, as those were the ones I strongly agreed with. I generally play games because A. I like to play them, and B. I like to just relax and kick back.

Armenius and auntjemima like this.
  3. auntjemima

auntjemima [H]ardness Supreme

I was also a 4/20. I just playing to waste a tiny bit of time, but I assume the amount of time I play really skewed the results.

Armenius likes this.
  4. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

Make sure to check how much you play 'Semeron Online'.

5. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

I put roughly 10 hours I think, but it varies week to week. Sometimes it's simply 1-2 hours a week. Often times it's late nights where I put in 2-3 after being on the computer and staring at emails and spreadsheets (too awake to fall asleep comfortably).

Yeah, what the fuck even is that?

6. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

BiH115 - my guess it's a control question. It's a nonexistent game so if folk click that.. well.. probably get put in the 'suspect' pile.

Armenius likes this.
  7. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

That's what I was thinking it had to be. Google turned up no results. Just a means to gauge validity.

8. auntjemima

auntjemima [H]ardness Supreme

I put about 1 hour a week. And that's stretching it these days

9. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Just for comparison's sake I said 25 hours. I figured my range was around 18-25 hours a week, so I put the high number in.
    Exactly what it is. It looks like the exact question was used in a prior, similar study.

10. MaZa

MaZa 2[H]4U

11. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

LOL I didn't even see this untill today meme.jpg

12. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

13. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I got a 9/20 for points and I'm Fantasy motivated this is a pretty well thought out survey the thing is most gamers don't even have the intelligence to answer something like this I mean the typical fortnite player at a younger age. I really enjoy games like Pokemon Go but guess what gives me eyestrain even though I like going different places to play it but haven't played it in over a year.

14. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 Gawd