• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming Build for XMAS

Stiffy

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
278
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1200
3) Where do you live?
Oklahoma
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, Mobo, Video card, Ram, HDD, Optical Drive, PSU, Case
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor/KB/Mouse
6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently Low Res, but will upgrade later
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now to be ready for XMAS
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
USB 3.0 would be nice, probably going to stick to just one video card so xfire or sli not needed, but not shunned.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
No, would like to buy W7 64bit, but still seeing if the person I'm building this for can get a student discount.

I'm building this for my brother who desperately needs a new computer (his is several years old).

So basically what I have in mind is:

Intel I5 750
AMD XFX 6870
8GB G.SKILL
CM CM6902(still open to suggestions about cases)
Some type of 750W PSU (Antec, Corsair?)

Any suggestions or builds would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
 
Get this combo deal today if you can:
$255 - Intel Core i5 760 CPU + Asus P7P55D-E LX Intel P55 ATX Motherboard Combo

If you don't, you're missing out on $55 in savings tomorrow.

Go for then Antec Truepower New 750W PSUs. Then grab this hard drive:
$70 - Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Besides that, the rest of your choices seems good to me.
 
Thanks for the quick replies! I can always count on you Danny Bui! :p

About that combo, does it end tomorrow? I couldn't see when it ended when I clicked the link. Basically, my brother is coming over tomorrow to do an overview of the build, however the day after that will be black friday so I'm still kind of on the fence if I should wait until then.

I am serious about purchasing this ASAP though.
 
It looks like it doesn't end tomorrow like I thought. It apparently ends on 11/30. But I would still buy this ASAP.
 
Back
Top