GameStop In Talks with Buyout Firms

Hey Gamestop....Blockbuster says hello!

Another company that refused to read the writing on the wall.

Back in my day Gamestop is where'd you go to buy games. Nowadays it's just Deadpool t-shirts and used Wii controllers.

The thing is, GameStop was the commercialization of Electronic Boutique aka EB Games.
Once that happened, the importance of gaming went out the window.

There was no need for a gaming store to be in every shopping plaza. A gamer will find the game, whether it's down the street or across town.

The quicker Gamestop dies, the better off we all are.

Let the mom and pop shops rule the 2nd hand market. :p

I keep reading claims of physical is eol and this is the last physical console generation. Yet another console gen is coming and will have physical and likely the one after that and frankly probably the next also. Why? Because despite what those who live in a reality distortion bubble believe, the majority of people, especially in the us do not have good internet and that isn't likely to change for at least a couple decades.
Maybe another console gen or two; but, the future is digital downloads and game streaming.

they'd better take whatever offer they get in the near future, cuz that's the highest offer they're gonna get.

Maybe another console gen or two; but, the future is digital downloads and game streaming.

In general I do agree, but physical isn't going away unless major changes happen in the us market in respect to isp's. Right now there is zero indication of change in the right direction and full indication that they want more data caps and screw expanding infrastructure.

I'm fucking sick of the merchandising going on in GameStop and GameStop-Owned stores. I don't go there for that shit, I want games.

Oh, and a tasty VooDoo 3 3000 AGP was tasty back in the day too...

The last thing I bought there was a refurbished Xbox 360 Slim and it has worked quite well. That was about 4 or 5 years ago, though, and I do not want anything more from there. (I usually will not buy games on a disk anymore.) If Microsoft and Sony had allowed the install from disk, tie that game to a specific account and not have to shovel the disk in and out anymore, I think disk based sales could have remained strong. However, shoveling the disk in and out is not convenient, especially when you already have the whole game installed on the hard drive.

I for one will never buy another console after PS4 lackluster dust bunny collection tool.
low FPS lack of exclusives just isn't worth the headache.
God of War 4 happened and that was about it Bloodborne was good as well but that game came out 3 years ago.

My PS4 Pro has a 2TB hard drive... I still refuse to buy digital only media simply because of the fact Disc Based takes up less space and I don't mind having to put my Disc in to play a game...

I'll pass on Digital Copies.

My PS4 Pro has a 2TB hard drive... I still refuse to buy digital only media simply because of the fact Disc Based takes up less space and I don't mind having to put my Disc in to play a game...

I'll pass on Digital Copies.

Except that from what I understand, disc based does not take up less space, it is strictly for making sure you own the game and nothing more. Also, once you are done installing the game, any updates need to be downloaded and installed anyways.

Back