Gamespot Killzone 2 review

Interesting how does that work? never used them before.

Once you rent a game, if you like it you can just click on the "keep it" button on the site and pay for their keep-it price ($49.99 for KZ2). They will automatically charge your credit card on file and send you the box, manual and anything else the game normally comes with when you buy it new. Then they send you your next game.
 
getting kz2 at lunch, been waiting on this for a while.

Anyone interested in some team work in multiplayer add me to your psn. nick is 'ftard'

thanks - see you online
 
Once you rent a game, if you like it you can just click on the "keep it" button on the site and pay for their keep-it price ($49.99 for KZ2). They will automatically charge your credit card on file and send you the box, manual and anything else the game normally comes with when you buy it new. Then they send you your next game.

thats awesome im signing up
 
Someone should start a Killzone 2 PSN ID thread, since I imagine a few people here will be getting it. I would, but I'm too lazy to manage it.
 
Hopefully picking it up after work tonight. Played the demo some last night, and I wasn't super fond of the control scheme but once I got it setup like CoD4 it was alot better. Hoping I will grow to love it as much as I do CoD.
 
Once you rent a game, if you like it you can just click on the "keep it" button on the site and pay for their keep-it price ($49.99 for KZ2). They will automatically charge your credit card on file and send you the box, manual and anything else the game normally comes with when you buy it new. Then they send you your next game.

Holy shit, that rocks. Definitely looking into this.

Thanks!
 
I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and received it this morning ($56 total). Let's see if this game lives up to all the hype. I hate FPS with controllers but this one looked mighty tasty and the demo wasn't bad at all, although a bit short.
 
Once you rent a game, if you like it you can just click on the "keep it" button on the site and pay for their keep-it price ($49.99 for KZ2). They will automatically charge your credit card on file and send you the box, manual and anything else the game normally comes with when you buy it new. Then they send you your next game.

That is fucking cool...had no idea they offered that option.
 
Just so us Canadians don't feel left out, http://www.gameaccess.ca/ is a service very similar to Gamefly.

I'll be renting KZ2 today for sure and buying it based on how addictive the multiplayer is for me...even though I really don't have room for another multiplayer time-sink. Is there a Collectors Edition KZ2? Is there anything exclusive contained only in a retail purchase that I'll be missing out on?
 
They didn't release a collector's edition, so you won't be missing out on anything. That is unless you really want the beanie that Future Shop is giving away today as a bonus.

Thanks for the gameaccess link, I'll have to check them out.
 
Might pick it up tomorrow. My buddy bought it first thing this morning and will be giving me a full report. With SF4 still being fresh and RE5 due so soon, I'm not sold on the game based upon the demo.
 
Anyone having trouble finding it the game? I preordered mine at Blockbuster a while ago and I went in today and they don't have any. I called my local Walmart and they didn't get them... which is weird considering both of them usually get their games on time.

So anyone else not finding it?
 
Might pick it up tomorrow. My buddy bought it first thing this morning and will be giving me a full report. With SF4 still being fresh and RE5 due so soon, I'm not sold on the game based upon the demo.

This, also lost planet is 5$ on steam and DoW2 is 35.00 on go gamer and I'm feeling a bit of a game crunch atm. Still have to finish the Witcher and CoJ on the PC, still playing L4D like a fiend, snagged Heavenly Sword for 5 bucks at game crazy last week, working on mastering SF4, and contemplating getting MadWorld for the Wii as well. Too many games and just not enough time.

Hope to see some positive reviews from you guys on game play as alot of the users atm seem to be complaining big time about "lag" which is somewhat disconcerting.
 
I grabbed a copy at the local Walmart before the kids got out for lunch. They had maybe 4 copies left. Sales clerk said kids were coming in with their mom before school started today to get a copy, hehe. :D

The game looks and plays great so far. Using digital surround sound and enjoying it even though I'm a KB/M PC gamer. :)
 
They didn't release a collector's edition, so you won't be missing out on anything. That is unless you really want the beanie that Future Shop is giving away today as a bonus.

They have in the UK, traded in CoD5 today and was handed a tin case with a funky sleeve giving it a two layered title effect saying 'limited collectors edition'.

Only thing I can tell that makes it so is the tin case over the normal plastic BD case tho :D no price difference either.....or at least I didn't pay anymore.
 
I still find the controls to be wonky, I don't care if it was to add weight or what it just feels wrong. The multiplayer is great though, I like the variety and how it switches modes every 5 minutes. I can see myself playing the multiplayer for a while.
 
I bought it this morning as well. I don't like the controls yert but that may be due to the fact that I like to aim down the sights and most fights are shoot from the hip. I also have been playing COD4 quite a bit and since they are different I am constantly doing the wrong thing I am pretty sure that will go away once the game is finished and I get into the Multiplayer aspects of it.
 
I never thought I'd see the day where UK games looked cheaper than they are in the US.

Thanks fucked exchange rate! :(
 
Really? Damn... I wasn't going to pick it up yet but that's one hell of a price.
 
well £25.99 lol! u can can get some bloody good deals there lately, i got fallout 3 there for £17.99 a month ago aswell
 
Just finished the game, the last boss gave me fits until I figured out the proper weapon to use. Surround sound really helps on that fight.

I wasn't really overwhelmed with the story, but at least they kept it action packed throughout. I felt like too much in the final few levels was borrowed from other games... Halo 2 and Lost Planet in particular come to mind. I did however like how epic the last level/battle felt.

Now that single player is out of the way it's time to rank up in multiplayer.
 
Back
Top