Games you would like to see make a comeback...

Mechwarrior
Thief (damn that Looking Glass for going under)

I saw mechcommander listed on the first page, but didn't see it elsewhere. I'd also throw in a vote for that one.
The game is still an all time favorite of mine for RTS.
I think my favorite aspect to it was the fact that you entered every mission, even multiplayer, with a set amount of mechs and gear.

You people have listed already so much games there .. :)
but a sequel to the Fallout series, and maybe Red Alert :cool:

Direfox said:
Tie Fighter and X-Wing, if they keep the old 'feel' to the game and upgrade the graphics. I remember spending almost an hour beating down a Star Destroyer with my x-wing, then having it disappear into hyper-space just before I managed to destroy it. I would love to play this game with an engine good enough to stress my video card and CPU..

Same here.

PRIME1 said:
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

You and TheCommander are so right. If this game would have had fewer bugs and better integrated multiplayer that didnt rely on gamespy, It would still be played today just as starcraft and counter-strike are played. Still one of my favorite games of all time. You guys ever played Armed and Dangerous? It was also from Planet Moon Studios, very similar to giants but no multiplayer.

Also, I thought mafia was one of the best single player pc games ever made. Id love to see a sequal of that. When they first started developing it, there was supposed to be multiplayer. I think having multiplayer would be a blast. Something like you cant shoot in the open for fear of cops catching you but the ultimate goal is to eliminate the other families, both physically and financially. I dunno just sounds cool.

1.) Duke Nukem 3d
2.) Kingpin
3.) Shadow Warrior

The gameplay in the games nowadays suck. I'm tierd of alien shit (quake/prey) wwII stuff / (et, rtcw, cod2) slow shit cs/css

Karant said:
. . .and Diablo 3, with graphics on par with Titan Quest.

I'd want the next Diablo game's graphics (if there ever is one) to be a hell of alot cooler than the graphics in Titan Quest...

I would love to play Starflight 1 and 2, MOO, and Xwing with just updated graphics.

They don't need to **** them up by trying ot "enhance" them. MOO2 was OK, but the first was still better and MOO3 really just has nothing to do with the first game.

I love Sid Meier's Pirates for this, they really just updated an already great Game. Still, tehy did screw up the Treasure Fleet and Silver Train, but I still love the update.

Molingrad said:
Eternal Darkness

For the gamecube was one of the best games i have ever played

Yeah that game owned, id love to see another one like it perhaps for the wii.

NOX from Westwood!!!!! Also Fallout/Fallout2.

Probably the best multi-player Diablo 2 style game for its time. It was years beyond its competitors!!!

theNoid said:
Shadowrun is coming to the 360... www.shadowrun.com

ok... I dunno if anyone caught this in the earlier posts cause I haven't read them all but.. SHADOWRUN FOR THE XBOX360 = THE POOOOO

It doesn't involve hardly ANYTHING that made Shadowrun a hit. It's not a RPG..it's not based in a dark cyberpunk world, and no Matrix or computer hacking? PFFTT.. thanks MS.. ya screwed us loyal shadowrun fans on this one.

back on topic:

Syndicate Wars
Dragon Warrior
Killer Instinct.. oh yeah!
Golgo 13
Double Dragon
Rogue Spear (and no..not all the crap Ubisoft has been putting out lately.. a REAL RS update)
Soldier of fortune (I kow it has only been like 2 years or so.. but I want something new

thats all I can think of right now

Iratus said:
Elite. MMO Style preferably. With Babylon 5 level graphics. Or maybe BSG level seeing as it'd take a few years to develop. If I win the lottery this game is happening...(snip)
Bro, that's called EVE Online. A grind at times, to be sure, but short of the BSG graphics (it's damn good though) I can't see how you can get much more similar.

And as far as other games that need to come back:

Freespace. Definitely. I cannot emphasize this enough. The most amazing space sim I've ever played. If Homeworld wasn't so mind-blowingly awesome I'd say Freespace/FS2 were the best space game(s) ever.

Deus Ex. The original could use a refresher. And the sequel, well, it was halfway decent. But barely. I'd like to think Spector could have done better. The first one was a masterpiece. Still my favorite game of all time.

Anything from the Battletech franchise, Dungeon Keeper, more Bioware D&D games, Battlezone (the remake a few years back was great!), Total Annihlation, Shadow Warrior (who wanta some Wang?), more to come.

How about a couple of Saturn games?

Shining The Holy Ark
Guardian Heroes

My SS is dead, and they are really ropey via emu**cough**lation. A straight port would be enough, no need for fancy-pants graphics.

Another Panzer Dragoon game wouldn't go amiss either :D

Oh, and ATV Simulator (happy Amstrad 464 memories). I've often considered having a bash at writing something similar for the PC, but I'm just too damned lazy.

And I'm sure someone will have mentioned it, but a new Dizzy game would rawk.

EDIT: Just about every old D&D RPG (like the SSI ones with EGA graphics!). Just the storyline and such, maybe using the Aurora engine. Menzoberranzen was particularly good.

Star Flight 1
Elite Plus
Star Control 2
Wing Commander Series
Kyrandia & King's Quest Series
Total Annihilation
Freelancer
Red Faction
X-Com : UFO Defense

M.U.L.E.

Back