games look different

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Im not picking on either nvidia or amd here so plz dont read into it.Ive used both about equally but ive noticed with my new r9 390 that alot of games seems to be more colorful,vibrant and alot of my games i play now have shadows and more brilliant explosions than i did while using nvidia. Ive tried to keep as close as possible the same settings in game and in graphic card settings and havent changed any resolutions either. AMD looks better and seems to be winning in my games and book not sure why this is does anyone have any legit reasons why this might be? Tankies in advance :)

You're turning into the rabidz7 of video cards...

To stay on topic, since I felt like posting the above statement and I don't want to break the rules...

There was a discussion that popped up around the internet using either Battlefield 4 or Hardline as a test case. It turned out that the person who made the switch didn't bother to familiarize themselves with the new control panel and available settings, causing the NVIDIA card to look worse by comparison. Even when this was pointed out the person in question stuck with the narrative. There was a thread about it here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

ATi did have an image quality advantage in the early days because at the time they were pushing pixel shaders and the like while NVIDIA kept focusing on rendering speed and pushing as many triangles as possible, as fast as possible. These days shader technology is pretty ubiquitous, with the only major differences between the two manufacturers being the pipeline and backend approach. It could very well be possible that one has a visual edge over the other, but at this point the differences are too small to mention. Remember that [H] once did in-depth image quality comparisons back in the day, but they only focus on the game technology now because it's pointless to go into peanuts with how similar both are these days.

Last edited:
I think this form of discussion has gone round the world and back again.

Placebo and Graphics Control Panel are the two areas that I noticed the most when reading about it.

Keeping on topic, I have noticed deeper shadows, better vibrancy, truer color and better overall image quality when upgrading to a better quality monitor.

Im not picking on either nvidia or amd here so plz dont read into it.Ive used both about equally but ive noticed with my new r9 390 that alot of games seems to be more colorful,vibrant and alot of my games i play now have shadows and more brilliant explosions than i did while using nvidia. Ive tried to keep as close as possible the same settings in game and in graphic card settings and havent changed any resolutions either. AMD looks better and seems to be winning in my games and book not sure why this is does anyone have any legit reasons why this might be? Tankies in advance :)

LRUjJNM.jpg

Last edited:
Ive noticed this issue too. The only difference being when I hook up my Nvidia card I use a coax RF adapter and connect it to a 19" RCA TV I found in a dumpster.

Ive noticed this issue too. The only difference being when I hook up my Nvidia card I use a coax RF adapter and connect it to a 19" RCA TV I found in a dumpster.

You NEED to make sure the slider switch is all the way toward the computer setting. Jeez!!!!

Back