Games And Movies Are Merging

Anyone remember Dragons Lair?
With the exception that the game did not tell you what direction to go or what button to push. At all. I have never died so many times in an arcade game than the first time playing Dragon's Lair

Dear Esther is a recent game that springs to mind. First person, but all story.

These kids are too young to remember Myst.
Eh? Myst is still a current series, it's still going. lol

1993 - Myst
1997 - Riven: The Sequel to Myst
2001 - Myst III: Exile
2004 - Myst IV: Revelation
2005 - Myst V: End of Ages

2003 to present - URU: Ages Beyond Myst (Myst Online).

The guy that developed the Wing Commander games back in the early 90s thought this as well. In particular WC3 and WC4 were his attempts at going cinematic. The original WC, WC2, and WC:prophecy (#5) were better games.

Speak for your self. WC3 in particular is what I would call an epic space opera and the story alone and how it was presented was amazing.

I just bought WC:4 from GoG for like 3 bucks. I'm already experiencing interactive movies! And it's from the 90s!

Seeing as the last two Metal Gear solid games were basically movies where you had to hit a button for something else to happen, no can't see it happening really, I like to be in control of my game experience.

If you would like to see the hero go after the villain press (A)
If you would like to see the hero go save the orphans press (B)
If you would like to see the coeds get soaked by a sprinkler system right after they walk out of their bedrooms wearing very skimpy nighties press (C)

C, definitely C

Back