Game of the Year?

I'm a PC only gamer and haven't been too impressed with 2009's crop of games. Dragon Age and L4D2 just don't interest me. Torchlight, Borderlands and MW2 are entertaining, but I wouldn't call them great.

Last edited:
Uncharted 2. I haven't had this much fun in single player in ANY game since...well...I dunno...ever?

How do you play like that?! You're way too close imho, having to turn your head drastically just to see what's going on is :eek:

I use my hands to move the mouse and press keys on the keyboard, and my eyes to see. How else would I play it? Seriously though, they aren't that close to my face. My head is probably 3 feet from the screens when I sit down. ;) Its great.

How do you play like that?! You're way too close imho, having to turn your head drastically just to see what's going on is :eek:

Why would you look directly at the side monitors? I thought you were supposed to use the mouse to turn things you wanted to see into the center viewport....I haven't played with a triple-screen setup, but it was my impression that the side monitors are supposed to stay at the side.

Definitely a tough choice since I own a PS3/360/Wii/PC but I'd have to go with Uncharted 2

I'm gonna throw in Torchlight, game for the money, insane fun action RPG.

I've only played a few hours of it but so far its Dragon age for me, with Borderlands and Resident Evil 5 being my other favorites. I haven't played Batman though but I'm not in a rush either. Dragon Age is just too good and now the mods are spilling out too so this is gonna be my big time sink for a while.

GOTYs need to be announced in March so the 'just released' fever has a chance to settle.

PC only gamer, my favorite games this year have been Demigod and MW2. MW2 has probably my favorite single player campaign in a LONG time, though I liked FEAR2 a lot, also. I haven't tried Dragon Age, I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up when I get bored of the games I've currently got. I would maybe say Demigod just on principle, Stardock has supported that game, really listened to the community, and NO copy protection FTW.

My guess is that MW2 will win, just based on it's insane sales figures.

Dragon Age gets my vote for PC, I do not play any consoles atm
I do not have much experience w/ Borderlands, and although it seems to be a blast, the quality of the pc port kills the possibility.

Dragon Age gets my vote for PC, I do not play any consoles atm
I do not have much experience w/ Borderlands, and although it seems to be a blast, the quality of the pc port kills the possibility.

Borderlands needs to be played online with friends. Then its pretty fun. If you dont have someone to play with over the net, skip it. All IMHO of course.

Actually I am changing my vote to "The Void" for PC game of the year.

The Void is worth checking out by everyone who enjoys PC gaming.

Are you some kind of PR manager for The Void? :D

Heh, I kinda sound like one, I am sorry :p

I just think it is a refreshing PC exclusive that is nearly flawless and is breath of fresh air in a stale market.

From Bit-Tech-
"The relentlessly bleak aesthetic that the world is covered in slowly livens up as you progress and start painting tattoos of Colour across the plant-life, while the architecture and design geometry is like something from an acid trip sponsored by Salvador Dali."

If you have not played it, it is certainly worth checking out. Completely original

Bah - heathens...Plants Vs Zombies...hands down :D

+1

If I had more time during the year then Torchlight or Risen would have taken the first place but it's been a sh*ty year for me. Haven't had a lot of time for gaming except a few days during the summer. During that time, I had a blast with Plants vs Zombies. Sooooo addictive...

Going with Borderlands.

I'll be playing Dragon Age on the pc this week so...maybe my mind will change. We'll see.

I think the best game I've played this year are Batman, Uncharted 2, and Street Fighter 4.
If I had to favor one I'd go with Batman. Uncharted 2 loses more than I thought it would would with future replays.
Dragon Age is a good game, but on the PC it really feels like the devs want you to use AI exploits and potion micromanagement instead of thought and strategy.

Batman Arkham Asylum is my vote (you just can't beat the badass story) but I have a feeling MW2 will get it...

once again, this thread is for HARDFORUM user's GOTY, not any magazine or industry GOTY award, just US and what WE think is the game of the year

only our opinions count for what's GOTY

I'm updating my comments to say MW2 is my GOTY. I just finished it and loved every minute of it. Essentially, it was a Vince Flynn novel set to a video game. I don't give a dry fuck if certain people around here think I'm not a "serious gamer" for liking MW2. Serious is a word I associate with important matters, not gaming. I game for entertainment and MW2 delivered big time for me.

I am not sure, but its NOT MW2.... Give me a break. Its your opinion of course, and I respect that, but from a PC gaming standpoint, if you look at all elements of MW2, its a horrible game. I wouldnt even rate it in the top 10 this year.....Some of you people are crazy. :)

I'm a PC only gamer and haven't been too impressed with 2009's crop of games. Dragon Age and L4D2 just don't interest me. Torchlight, Borderlands and MW2 are entertaining, but I wouldn't call them great.

Agreed. We didn't really have a Game of the Year this year IMO.

Back