Game Music - Some Favs

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross remixes (from ocremix and remix64). A couple Chrono Cross remixes top my list of most-played songs according to iTunes!

I like C64 remixes too - I picked one for a video I made yesterday :) Can anyone name that game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDTkBdrWY

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six and Raven Shield FTW.

Ghost Recon 1, Island Thunder, etc.

:)

Best game music evar.

Command and Conquer, and Red also had pretty good soundtracks.

Warcraft 2 had some soundtrack songs I remember fondly, but I don't think I'd listen to them in my car.

Hell March was great, that was the intro music for C&C Red Alert.

Chrono cross
Chrono trigger
Xeno gears
Phantasy star4
Lunar1 and 2
Final Fantasy 7 and 6
Castlevaneia sympony of the night
Bomberman (tons of R&B artist steal beats from bomberman Cassie's me and you is a bomberman track.)

Aside from the all ways awsome Hell March of Red Alert, there was one track from Comand and Conquer that i always remeber. I wish i could recal the name of that one. It was really sobering and powerful, the background was as a military march. When i get home i will have to find the name of it.

There are a lot of good ones listed. I'll go ahead and throw out my favorite:

Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Jeremy Soule's work is great. Total Annihilation and Dungeon Siege have wonderful music.

The Freespace games had some good music. Interstate 76 had a great soundtrack. Medal of Honor games as well.

Total Annihilation most definitely!! That one is an absolute favorite, even 10 years later! SupCom is a great one too!

So many good ones to list.

Nights into Dreams (saturn)
Ecco the Dolphin 1 and 2 (Mega CD)
Azel: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBOX)
ICO (PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Burnout 3 Takedown (XBOX)
Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)
Ikaruga (DC)
Guilty Gear X/XX/Reload/Isuka (various)
Jumping Flash (PS1)
Salamander 2 (Arcade)

Plenty of other favourites but i cant remember them off hand

Excellent Thread...

I like most of the tracks from all 4 Hitman series games, kind of a mix of action, yet soothing..

Command and Conquer Generals has some nice tracks, from the GLA Faction...

And last but not least.... Half-Life, and HL2 some of the best mood setting soundtracks ever..

I always really liked the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack as well, so I'm with you there.

Also, I've always loved the Halo soundtrack- there's some great instrumental work there, though it can be a bit repetitive at times. And, of course, just about every Final Fantasy game ever made has some great music in it.

Warcraft 2 had some soundtrack songs I remember fondly, but I don't think I'd listen to them in my car.
My friends thought it was strange that after playing through the game, I kept my Warcraft 2 CD in my car. Just pop it in the stereo and it'll play - except track 1, as that was the data for the game. Any soundtrack that features a harpsichord is ok by me. I still listen to MP3s from it to this day.

My friends thought it was strange that after playing through the game, I kept my Warcraft 2 CD in my car. Just pop it in the stereo and it'll play - except track 1, as that was the data for the game. Any soundtrack that features a harpsichord is ok by me. I still listen to MP3s from it to this day.

Hahaha, yeah I remember I used to do that with a bunch of my games.

"Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory" by Amon Tobin. That guy is a genius, by far one of the best electronic artists (beat-smiths) ever. check him out.

"Hitman" Jesper Kyd
"Freedom Fighters" Jesper Kyd (this won an award i think)

Metal Gear Solid
Zelda:OOT
Half Life 2 (and episode 1)
FF:VII
Devil May Cry (good metal stuff)

DOOM E1M1. DOOM is probably the only game where I even paid attention to the soundtrack.

It's oldschool and 8 bit, but something about the original zelda music takes me back.

Half-Life stuff is good, prey music is also bad ass but you can not beat the music from halo 1,2 and now 3.

+1 for C&C:RE hell's march

+1 for the entire heavey metal sound track to Quake2

+1 for TA's everchanging solem to battle music

If we are talking about straight out music (not how fitting they are), then Lumines. :D

Gotta say, games that use soundtracks from actual artists always get a point or two.

For example, the otherwise shite game "Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption" features "Kill You" by Darling Violetta. Which was AWESOME.

Megaman 2 had some good music

A good place to get game music is ocremix.org They have some really great stuff.

I could not agree with you more.

All Mega Man Had Good Music, But MM2 was the best.

Also, Final Fantasy 7 and Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 have some really good songs

Final Fantasy X was actually good enough to make me go and BUY the damn soundtrack lol

All the music from the whole Unreal Tournament series...

Seriously, some of the music for the maps is amazing.
Agreed. UT99 had some of the best music ever, such as:
Go Down
Nether Animal
Mechanism8
Neve's Crossing (from Unreal)
Cannonade

Also, the opening music from the tomb raider series was quite nice in a different mood kind of way.

I am appauled to see that no one mentioned Star Control 2!
Final Fantasy 8 (Force Your Way is my ring tone)
ChronoTrigger
Super Mario RPG
I am surprised to see that no one chose Dance Dance Revolution (all)

There are tons of cool game music remixes at http://www.ocremix.org/ and http://www.remix64.com/

I've been using Chrono Trigger & C64 remixes for all my youtube videos lately - they make great background music and I always get a lot of comments about the cool music. A lot of people have never heard the great music by Koji Kondo (Zelda, Mario), Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger/Cross/many others), Ron Hubbard (TONS of c64 games).

Old school music for the win!, man. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and Contra. They had amazing music. I still think they top most of the recent games. MGS and such are nice too though.

In my view, best game music EVER was for Total Annihilation!

You guys should all check out "the advantage" they are a band that plays old school nes games. They have two albums and below are a list of there songs and the website. They rock only the classics.

http://www.theadvantageband.com/

1. Megaman 2-Flashman
2. Double Dragon 2-Stage 2
3. Goonies 2
4. Bubble Bobble
5. Bubble Bobble-Shark Skeleton
6. Wizards and Warriors-Intro
7. Bomberman 2
8. Bionic Commando-P.O.W. Camp
9. Super Mario Bros. 2-Underworld
10. Super Mario Bros. 2-Overworld
11. Contra-Snowfields
12. Zelda-Fortress
13. Batman 2
14. Megaman 3-Dr. Wiley Stage
15. Double Dragon 2 (Story, And Boss Music)
16. Castlevania 3-Epitaph
17. Ninja Gaiden-Mine Shaft
18. Mario 3-Underworld
19. Blastermaster-Stage 2
20. Ghosts 'N' Goblins-Intro
21. Ghosts 'N' Goblins
22. Castlevania-Stage 3
23. Marble Madness
24. Metal Gear-Jungle
25. Contra-Boss Music
26. Castlevania 3-Evergreen

1. Batman - Stage 1
2. Contra - Alien's Lair & Boss Music -
3. Double Dragon III - Egypt -
4. Ducktails - Moon -
5. Metroid - Kraid's Lair -
6. Air Fortress -
7. Bomberman 2 - Wiggy -
8. Castlevania - Intro + Stage 1 -
9. Solar Jetman - Braveheart Level -
10. Goonies 2 - Wiseman -
11. Double Dragon II - Mission 5; Forest of Death -
12. Castlevania III - Boss Music/Willow - Village/Megaman II - Bubble Man -
13. Megaman II - Stage Select + Metal Man -
14. Castlevania II - Woods -
15. Guardian Legend - Corridor 1 -
16. Wizards & Warriors - Tree Trunk/Woods/Victory -

i dont know if anyone put this but

GUILTY GEAR

best soundtrack ever

others i enjoy are the suikoden series, the 2 black mages albums

the castlevania symphony of the night soundtrack

and most of the orchestrated square and enix stuff (i say and because of the games made before the merger such as the older star oceans)

two more i thought of i used to love

destruction derby 2, yes its ancient pc gaming, if you have it play the 2nd and on tracks for some decent metal

also the quake 1 soundtrack, i squeed when i found out NIN was doing it

and the descent 2 soundtrack was pretty cool, had some stuff from type o negative on it

I remember Panzar Dragoon Saga had an amazing soundtrack.

To bad they only released, what? 10 copies of the game?

Back