Game Development-Based Education Gets Another Lift

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced the AMD Foundation, in support of AMD Changing the Game, has awarded a $10,000 grant to the Institute of Play for the creation of a social impact game community within the Gamestar Mechanic game development platform. Gamestar Mechanic, published through a partnership between Institute of Play and E-Line Media, is a new, free, game-based digital learning platform that teaches game design principles, systems thinking and 21st century literacy skills. Gamestar Mechanic features several integrated components, including Game Alley, a Web community for players to publish, review and collaborate on game design with their peers.

I can see this not getting anywhere. Most of the time when i've tried to do anything with people without some kind of financial element, they get really really lazy and hard to motivate.

But games are getting wrose every year, needs some kind of "new" thing!!!

Modders seem to be able to do it without an initial financial element, of course a lot more fail in their vision that succeeding, but trying counts for something I suppose.

Back