GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

001-5.jpg

e6400 @ 2.7 ghz
4 gigs ddr2 1066 ram
p5b asus
gtx 260
antec 900
g15 keyboard (gonna be replaced on the cart with a Microsoft digital media keyboard 3000)
g5 (going on the cart)
650 gigs space
HP photosmart c4580 (got it for a deal, it works good for me....)
xbox 360 hd-dvd addon
directv hr21 hd dvr
n64 and snes :rolleyes: :D :cool:
cheap ass component dvd player :rolleyes:
Onkyo tx-8011 stereo receiver
magnavox tape deck (hey, got it for $4 at goodwill)
jbl e30 bookshelf speakers (kinda old, but sound hasn't been my first priority)
Sanus speaker stands
Airflo Ex pc controller
Motorola Surfboard sb5101 modem for 10 meg cable
D-link wireless N router
Samsung ln40a550 tv

All on a opti-ups ES1500C.

Good grief, looking thru these pics, some of them ALMOST make me wish I couldn't sit on the cocuh and play Crysis at 30 fps on 1080p.

Some of them ALMOST make me wish I had spent the money instead of on all the computer equipment on just a tv and the room.

ALMOST....

Chrisman5000,

In your office space are those tiles on the walls and are those ceiling mounted speakers hooked up to the PC?

Just an awesome setup!

Thanks,

Yes the ceiling speakers are connected the a Denon receiver which all three PC's are connected to via optical or digital coax. The middle PC is a mac mini which pretty much drives my entire itunes media library, all my photo's/MP3's/Movies for AppleTV reside there. So if I want to listen to mp3's I just select the mini on the Denon.

The tiles are actually designed for the wall, they are indivual wood veneered panels all cut form a single pattern of wood to keep a clean and uniform look. The company I purchased the panels from is called Marlite. I basically had my desk created and installed and then measured from the desk to the ceiling on all sides. It's about 10 foot x 10 foot and 5 foot high. The reside in a raised black aluminum track.

Have had basically the same setup for a year or so since I built the HTPC, minus a change of apartments. Got a Vista View DA-1N1-E tuner card for Christmas, but couldn't get the darn thing to work except in VMC. Sending it back, and got a Hauppage HVR-2250 instead. It installed and works fine so far. While I had the case open, decided to throw a larger hard drive in for recording TV.

HTPC Specs are in my sig. I'm running Vista Ultimate with MediaPortal as my frontend. Using the StreamedMP skin, plus the TvSeries plugin. I control it all with a Harmony 880. Also have my gaming PC and laptop setup as TvServer clients, so I can control and watch live tv or recordings on any screen. The tuner can watch/record any combination of 2 digital or analog channels at once which is pretty sweet.

TV is a Sony 42A10, speakers and subwoofer are all Athena, receiver is an older Pioneer.

PC310503.jpg

A couple other views of the room:

PC310501.jpg

PC310502.jpg

Excuse the shoddy photography, I'm no good with a camera.

I'm happy with the setup for now. I'd like to upgrade the TV someday, but it's not a priority. Also need to get some art/decorations up on the walls.

Long time HTPC Gallery lurker, so finally getting some pics of my living room setup to post.

I just added some new speakers and entertainment center over the holiday break. Just need to update the HTPC and receiver and then I will be 100% happy with it.

The speakers are all Klipsch:

Fronts: RF-62
Center: RC-62
Back and side surrounds: RS-42 (Not pictured)
Sub: Velodyne 10" VX Series

3190636572_7a2c6a9390.jpg

Have had basically the same setup for a year or so since I built the HTPC, minus a change of apartments. Got a Vista View DA-1N1-E tuner card for Christmas, but couldn't get the darn thing to work except in VMC. Sending it back, and got a Hauppage HVR-2250 instead. It installed and works fine so far. While I had the case open, decided to throw a larger hard drive in for recording TV.

HTPC Specs are in my sig. I'm running Vista Ultimate with MediaPortal as my frontend. Using the StreamedMP skin, plus the TvSeries plugin. I control it all with a Harmony 880. Also have my gaming PC and laptop setup as TvServer clients, so I can control and watch live tv or recordings on any screen. The tuner can watch/record any combination of 2 digital or analog channels at once which is pretty sweet.

TV is a Sony 42A10, speakers and subwoofer are all Athena, receiver is an older Pioneer.

PC310503.jpg

A couple other views of the room:

Excuse the shoddy photography, I'm no good with a camera.

I'm happy with the setup for now. I'd like to upgrade the TV someday, but it's not a priority. Also need to get some art/decorations up on the walls.

I've got that same TV in my bedroom. Mind PM'ing me how you got the resolution to fill the entire screen? I'll try and check back here too. Last time i remember a few years ago you had to type in several lines of code into a software resolution changer, and I was hoping it had been simplified some now that I'm making an HTPC for the bedroom too.

TIA!

Tv is a Philips 42" (42PFL7432D/37)
Front Speaker is a pair of KEF iQ7 Maple, cheap Yamaha center speaker, and even cheaper Pioneer Rear speakers. Rounding of my speakers is one 12" Sony Sub.My equipment under the TV is this;

From top right going clock-wise:

HTPC - Antec NSK2480
Xbox 360 Premium
Adcom ACE-615 Line Conditioner
Toshiba HD-A20 HD-DVD Player
Sony S350 Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-SR606

K heres my contribution.. not gonna list all specs but im switching 4 deices:

1) Cable Box/DVR (HDMI)
2) DVR (HDMI)
3) HTPC (HDMI) - Has a 15" Touch Screen hooked up as well to pick movies/etc...
4) My Main P (HDMI)

(HTPC case not pictured, the blue case is a temp case while the others being shipped)

3275207189_83ae2e4bf6_b.jpg

3275206999_4def87be97_b.jpg

3275206769_e67b1dda39_b.jpg

3275206565_a28c728ffe_b.jpg

3276026190_3aff1df814_b.jpg

3275206157_9912f8d042_b.jpg

3275205969_e7a435aaa5_b.jpg

3276025318_8b539ef62c_b.jpg

3276025128_097ce5797c_b.jpg

After a hard day at work I come home and find the linux blanket is always wrapped around the computer, trying to sufficate it... he doesnt like vista much that penguin

After a hard day at work I come home and find the linux blanket is always wrapped around the computer, trying to sufficate it... he doesnt like vista much that penguin

The blanket is the best part!

Long time HTPC Gallery lurker, so finally getting some pics of my living room setup to post.

I just added some new speakers and entertainment center over the holiday break. Just need to update the HTPC and receiver and then I will be 100% happy with it.

The speakers are all Klipsch:

Fronts: RF-62
Center: RC-62
Back and side surrounds: RS-42 (Not pictured)
Sub: Velodyne 10" VX Series

3190636572_7a2c6a9390.jpg

awesome :)

I took this pic w/ my phone. My HTPC is on the left side below the DVD player.

0301091538b.jpg

See signature for details.....
I keep all the media stored on the 8TB on computer + Bluray player
Looks better in the dark/movie setting....but that wouldnt take a very good picture.

.__480_359_PC8.JPG

.__480_359_PC1.JPG

.__480_359_PC2.JPG

.__480_359_PC5.JPG

.__359_480_PC7.JPG

and the other one wireless N networked from main - in our bedroom.........its a bad pic, but its a AMD 6400+ system in the Silverstone HTPC case............50" 1080p LG plasma

.__240_180_HPIM5106.JPG

Last edited:
*Updated from this post.

Current setup:
the3.jpg

the2.jpg

the1.jpg

LCD is now in the bedroom. And after trying out front projection, i cant see myself going back to regular tv again....

current component list:

HTPC: specs in sig
Optoma HD65 720p Projector
Diawa 92" screen(soon to be repleced by DIY 120"+/- fixed screen)
Yamaha 6030 receiver
JBL fronts
Polk center
JBL rears
Sony sub(soon to be replaced when $$ available)
Cheapo Ikea stand

Not even close to complete... but getting there...

DSC00665e.jpg

Will eventually have a HK receiver with Klipsch Icon series floor standers. For now I'm gunna pickup a Sony HTIB.

I just ordered a Logitech diNovo Mini today. The media center PC is total overkill but hey, I only paid $400 for it!

Over 1TB of Blu Ray rips stored on that machine.

^ Cool, so are you eventually going to run the cabling to the TV from behind the wall?

See signature for details.....
I keep all the media stored on the 8TB on computer + Bluray player
Looks better in the dark/movie setting....but that wouldnt take a very good picture.
[/IMG]

You have the same TV stand as me. Did your front part come in black? (the wood piece)

Mine was a dark varnished wood that I ended up sanding and repainting to be black.

K heres my contribution.. not gonna list all specs but im switching 4 deices:

1) Cable Box/DVR (HDMI)
2) DVR (HDMI)
3) HTPC (HDMI) - Has a 15" Touch Screen hooked up as well to pick movies/etc...
4) My Main P (HDMI)

Nice setup Adam! How did you intergrate the touch screen to your setup? That's an awesome idea.

IMG_0673750.jpg

Slowly getting there... just bought a Wii.

I'm still waiting for the Harmon Kardon AVR-355 to be available at Best Buy. Then I'll continue on with a good sound system...

Are you not planning on shrouding the AV cables?
Perhaps... but it's fine like it is IMO. I'm going to wall mount the left, center, and right channel speakers when I get them. Those cables will run through the wall... I'm not sure about the others just yet.

Perhaps... but it's fine like it is IMO. I'm going to wall mount the left, center, and right channel speakers when I get them. Those cables will run through the wall... I'm not sure about the others just yet.

One thing you can do is paint the tape you used to cover the cables the same color (looks like the Univ. of Texas' burnt orange :D) as the wall color so that the black doesn't stand out as much.

i just ordered an avr 254 this week. should be here monday. i think the 255/355 are just the europe versions? i could be wrong.

I don't mess around :) .

Audio
Mains: Infinity Beta 50's
Center: Infinity Beta C360
Rears: Infinity Beta 20's
Sub: Elemental Designs A2-300
Receiver: Harman Kardan AVR 247

HTPC
LG Blu-Ray Drive
AMD 5050e
AMD 780G
AMD/ATI HD4670

MEDIA SERVER
WHS
640 WD System Drive
5 x wd10EADS Terrabytes and growing for storage.

img0347e.jpg

513187645_ponmR-L.jpg

HTPC:
Shuttle SN68SG2
AMD 4050e 2.1GHz
4GB RAM
640GB HDD
512MB nVidia 9400GT
Razer AC-1 7.1 optical
LG Bluray/HD-DVD drive

TV: Samsung LN46A550

Audio: Onkyo HT-SR800 (5.1 currently, since I don't have side walls for the extra 2)

Tv is a Philips 42" (42PFL7432D/37)
Front Speaker is a pair of KEF iQ7 Maple, cheap Yamaha center speaker, and even cheaper Pioneer Rear speakers. Rounding of my speakers is one 12" Sony Sub.My equipment under the TV is this;

From top right going clock-wise:

HTPC - Antec NSK2480
Xbox 360 Premium
Adcom ACE-615 Line Conditioner
Toshiba HD-A20 HD-DVD Player
Sony S350 Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-SR606
What stand is that?

Hey everyone,

Good to see this thread still going, thought i would post some pics of my latest revision since last time i posted on page 19 about a year ago.
I have managed to get some oak vent covers which is where the fans are mounted behind two at the front to draw the air in and two at the top to blow the air out. It all seems to work well and is pretty cool and quiet considering the amount of components in there.
I have updated most of the hardware now and my latest specs are:

Asus striker Extreme 680i motherboard
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0ghz
Tuniq tower fitted with Arctic cooling PWM 120mm Fan
Evga GTX260 SC 216 55nm stock
4gb OCZ Reaper 1066 ram
Creative Sound Blaster x-fi Titanium
Hauppauge NOVA HD S2 tv card
LG Blu ray/HD dvd drive
Samsung F1 1tb hard drive
4 Arctic cooling 80mm case fans
Antec true power trio 650w PSU
Vista 32bit home premium

The front now has a imon ultra bay with remote, all in one fan controller, card reader and usb ports.
A LG Blu ray/HD dvd drive
Still got the Logitech Mx air mouse and Dinovo edge keyboard.

Got rid off the sky+ box and now have the virgin V+ hd box which fits better in the unit. I am loving the remote power on function on my imon remote highly recommend it.

A few new pics:
stuff032.jpg

stuff034.jpg

stuff035.jpg

stuff036.jpg

stuff037.jpg

Last edited:
Back