GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

yeesh, this thread makes me wanna setup a HTPC now, too bad I'm waiting for a way to tune QAM encrypted channels or whatever without having to buy one of those OEM CableCard PC's with the OCUR BIOS. Which may never happen -_____-

yeesh, this thread makes me wanna setup a HTPC now, too bad I'm waiting for a way to tune QAM encrypted channels or whatever without having to buy one of those OEM CableCard PC's with the OCUR BIOS. Which may never happen -_____-

I think you may be right about the never happening part.

Here's my setup -

HT02.jpg

Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-X
TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-46D64U 46" 1080p set

HTPC specs -

Case: SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum CW01B-R
Processor: Intel C2D E8200 Wolfdale 2.66Ghz
Ram: 4Gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
Motherboard: Gigabyte X48-DS4 ATX
Video Card: Visiontek ATI Radeon HD4870 512mb GDDR5
PowerSupply: Antec NeoPower 550 Modular ATX
Dvd Drive/Burner: Lite-On 20x DVD +/-Rw DL SATA
Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar 500Gb 7200rpm 16Mb cache
Bluetooth: HP Usb Bluetooth adapter
Keyboard: Apple Aluminum Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard
Mouse: Rocketfish Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

Also pictured -

60Gb PS3
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Hauppauge HD PVR 1212
Comcast HD Cablebox

Couch, coffee table and recliner -

HT03.jpg

Close-up of table, keyboard, mouse, etc.

HT04.jpg

When was the last time you vacuumed?! :eek:

Unfortunately, my powerful vaccuum is out of commission at the moment and the Bissell stick vac isn't powerful enough to clean my fuzzy carpet. I'll be borrowing a better vac tomorrow to clean the carpet :)

Unfortunately, my powerful vaccuum is out of commission at the moment and the Bissell stick vac isn't powerful enough to clean my fuzzy carpet. I'll be borrowing a better vac tomorrow to clean the carpet :)

Now that is hallirous!!!

web.jpg

-snip-

The rest are posted here:

http://gallery.mac.com/kurfer#100064

Equipment now (upgraded and not reflected in photos)

Mitsubishi HC6000 1080p projector
120" 1.2 gain screen
Denon 3808 HDMI receiver
Apple TV streaming my ripped movie collection
PS3 for blueray
Xbox 360 for gaming
DirecTV for HD football sunday ticket
2 Definitive Technology BP 7004 super towers (behind screen wall)
1 Definitive Technology C/L/R 2500 center channel (behind screen wall)
2 Definitive Technology BP1.2X side surround bipolar speakers
2 Definitive Technology ceiling mount rear surround speakers

The lighting dimmers and components are all managed by a Harmony 890 pro remote.

I'm not worthy?

htpc1.jpg

htpc2.jpg

HTPC:
Antec Fusion V2 Black
Asus M2A-VM
AMD X2 4400+
Asus HD3450
ATI Theatre 550 Pro
2GB Corsair
750GB Seagate, 640GB WD, 1TB Hitachi, all SATA
Samsung DVDRW SATA
Logitech S510 Wireless keyboard/mouse

TV/Audio:
LG 37LC7D 37" 720p LCD
Yamaha 6030
JBL fronts
Polk center
Sony sub and rears(temporary, paid $10 for the sub and the speakers were free, sounds ok)
Cheapo Ikea stand

Nothing too fancy, but for the $2000 i spent on the setup it certainly does the job for me :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

120" 1.2 gain screen
Denon 3808 HDMI receiver
PS3 for blueray
Xbox 360 for gaming

The lighting dimmers and components are all managed by a Harmony 890 pro remote.

Beautifull Absolutely Beautifull. :eek::eek:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

120" 1.2 gain screen
Denon 3808 HDMI receiver
PS3 for blueray
Xbox 360 for gaming

Excuse me I think I need to go change my underwear.

Ok, enough of that guy^ :D
Here's mine:

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02619.jpg

First of all, my htpc is located on the top shelf of the tv stand on the left. It's a silversone case I got at microcenter for a very good price (about $10 less than the egg after shipping.)
It has a c2d e6300 stock, 3gb of ram, and two terabyte hd's The main storage drive is a WD greenpower, the OS/ app/ secondary storage is a standard seagate 7200 drive. The greenpower is terrific, btw.
Sorry about the picture quality, it's glossy Black.

Intel dg33tl mobo for the optical output, and video is handled via hdmi from a ati 3450, passive cooled. I was going to run audio via hdmi to my tv, then to the reciever, but I just cannot get it to work. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

I use the logitech dinovo mini ($100 from dell/fs on sale)for most interactions, but I have a secondary kb/mouse for the bios and if I want to use a mouse.

Rt/left channel speakers are Boston Acoustic CR-8's, had em since undergrad, and I LOVE them. Got them on clearance, and the metal grills have saved them more than once.

Center and rear channels are PolkAudio, don't know what models. Reciever is a Yamaha HTR-S930, bought the display at BestBuy. Cool thing is, they don't use the display recievers for anything, so it was essentially brand new.

Broken LG upconverting dvd player, and AT&T Uverse boxes on right side. Peep the nes and snes over there too.

Screen is a Panasonic 42" Plasma. $650, awesome.
Oh, and for those that may care, that printer is an HP 8250. The best printer I ever bought.

Speakers:
Front: 2x Polk RTi10
Center: 1x Polk CSi A6
Rear: 2x Polk RTi8
Back: 2x Polk R50
Back-2: 1x Polk CSi3
Sub: 2x Klipsch RW-10D

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V663BL
Amp: NHT Power 2 (200 w/ch x2)

***Gallery (more pics)***

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

120" 1.2 gain screen
Denon 3808 HDMI receiver
PS3 for blueray
Xbox 360 for gaming

:eek: :eek:

That is just....

I just bought a 42" 1080P Panasonic Plasma to replace my tiny 30" CRT HDTV.
Currently running the Break-In slideshow (recommended by AVSForum)
plasma01.jpg

plasma02.jpg

plasma03.jpg

THAT's what I'm talking about, Zepher

THAT's a home theater. Nice tv btw, I have the 720p xersion, love it so far, and for $600, I can't complain at the lack of the extra res.

15075044rb5oe3.jpg

I know I need to pretty up some wires, there are just so damn many.
99682863tj5in4.jpg

Just to show the sub sits between the two couches by the lamp. and faces towards the wall.. speaker layout isn't the best but it is the best given the room size, next would be to mount the rears really high up. but.. this works rather well with the rears configured properly in the receiver..

Pioneer Elite vsx-92txh
M&K LCR-750thx (3)
M&K LCR-550thx (2)
VX1250SFX THX
Sharp Aquios 46" 46d64u
xbox-360 (vga)
ps3 (hdmi)
laptop* with spdif out and dvi-to-hdmi connection
ATT-uVerse (hdmi)

oh yeah, make sure your receiver fits on your shelf... before buying it..

*cause this is an htpc thread, the laptop is a Dell e1705, with a 7800gs go, 4gb of ram, and a core duo 2.0. removed the battery it stays on all the time. Control it with a usb keyboard and mouse. Might get an IR receiver for the remote, and get a decent 10ft working.

edit: changed image host.

Just to show the sub sits between the two couches by the lamp. and faces towards the wall.. speaker layout isn't the best but it is the best given the room size, next would be to mount the rears really high up. but.. this works rather well with the rears configured properly in the receiver..

Pioneer Elite vsx-92txh
M&K LCR-750thx (3)
M&K LCR-550thx (2)
VX1250SFX THX
Sharp Aquios 46" 46d64u
xbox-360 (vga)
ps3 (hdmi)
laptop* with spdif out and dvi-to-hdmi connection
ATT-uVerse (hdmi)

oh yeah, make sure your receiver fits on your shelf... before buying it..

*cause this is an htpc thread, the laptop is a Dell e1705, with a 7800gs go, 4gb of ram, and a core duo 2.0. removed the battery it stays on all the time. Control it with a usb keyboard and mouse. Might get an IR receiver for the remote, and get a decent 10ft working.

edit: changed image host.
Looks really nice. Uverse ftw, I love mine.
I recommend the Logitech Dinovo Mini for HTPC work.

Here's my humble offering.

Sempron 3100+ (Socket A)
Biostar M7VIZ
768MB RAM
GeForce 6200 128MB (AGP)
Dvico FusionHDTV5 RT Lite
120GB system + 400GB data
Nice, compact case
Running Ubuntu 8.10 (they finally fixed the nVidia + Xorg driver issues) with MythTV.

IMG_3389.JPG

And with the doors open:

IMG_3390.JPG

In case you're wondering, the entertainment center has no vents--the hot air just swirls around inside. Does it get hot? You betcha:

temps.JPG

The outside of the case is scalding hot, but it's been running now for a couple weeks with no stability issues. I *do* plan on drilling some vent holes in the back of the entertainment center at some point.

The whole setup is nothing to get excited about--just a 27" SDTV and an inexpensive stereo. I control the whole setup (TV, HTPC, VCR/DVD, and stereo) using the $10 Philips universal remote that you can get at Walmart or any electronics store.

IMG_3391.JPG

Not much to brag about, but it was cheap and it works beautifully.

Instead of just drilling holes, I would suggest using a 4.5" hole saw and install a 120mm fan. I have pictures of my stup if interested.

Although you may not have stability issues, hot temps shorten the life cycle of electronics quite significantly. Just adding holes probably won't solve your problem without some air movement.

Instead of just drilling holes, I would suggest using a 4.5" hole saw and install a 120mm fan. I have pictures of my stup if interested.

Although you may not have stability issues, hot temps shorten the life cycle of electronics quite significantly. Just adding holes probably won't solve your problem without some air movement.

Agreed, installing a cheap, quiet case fan would be far more effective than just drilling holes. Even better, drill a few holes into the top to let hot air out, and have the fan suck air in...

Since my links don't work anymore, and they're from 2004 (wow!), I will post new ones.

Screen (along with the movable masking), center channel, 2x front, and 2x subwoofers were built by us. You can see one of the subs in front of the sofa on the left. The other one, as well as the 2 side channel and 2 rear channel speakers, is not pictured. Each woofer enclosure houses a 15 inch Adire Audio subwoofer (forget the name/model). The speakers are finished in piano black (by us). The subs are finished in enameled hardwood (to match my floors) as well as veneer. Each woofer gets 1500 watts RMS and is powered by a dedicated amp. The surround channel speakers have a separate amp. The projector, not pictured, is a 1080p Mitsubishi HC4900.

I currently have an Xbox 360 and a Wii hooked up to it. We use the HT a few times a week to watch House, Fringe, Bones, Heroes, Sarah Connor Chronicles, NFL, Nascar, and blu-ray DVDs (should some get released that pique our interest in movies).

I can't find a pic I took of the HT with hardforum loaded on it. :p

htpc.jpg

ht.jpg

ht2.jpg

deadspace01.jpg

Doesn't compare to most of the rooms posted here, but figured I may as well contribute :)

The final setup:
IMG00076.jpg

From behind the couch:
IMG00075.jpg

Sitting down on said couch:
IMG00077.jpg

Best coaster money can buy:
IMG00078.jpg

Back