Galaxy Note 3 to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor

Samsung has built the perfect phone...

5.7" 1080p Super Amoled display @ 386ppi
2.3Ghz Snapdragon 800 SOC
32GB or 64GB Storage + Expandable
3GB Ram
802.11ac (1st time i've seen this in a mobile phone)
Bluetooth 4.0
MHL 2.0
UHD Video recording at 30FPS
1080p Video at 60FPS
IR LED
Android 4.3
3200 mAh Swappable Battery

This is my dream phone. Huge screen, beautiful resolution, great specs, expandable memory, and swappable battery.

Having a swappable battery and expandable memory should be standard for phones imo, but for me it's indispensable because I am gone from 6am to 10pm Monday through Friday and I always carry spare batteries with me. Got two batteries and a wall charger on eBay for $10 shipped. Can't beat it.

Phone comes out on September 28th, and my birthday is the 27th. I know what I want!!!

Btw, anyone know what the GPU is and/or if it's any good? I saw the Snapdragon 800SOC but idk what GPU goes with it... not really knowledgeable about mobile GPUs.

Btw, anyone know what the GPU is and/or if it's any good? I saw the Snapdragon 800SOC but idk what GPU goes with it... not really knowledgeable about mobile GPUs.

Adreno 330 (vs the 320 on the S600 in the GS4 and One). No benches that I've seen for it yet, but it's supposed to support 4k recording/playback, I think and I'm sure will be a considerable improvement over the 320. Not that it will matter in 98% of the things you use your phone for or make a perceivable difference in real-world usage. The 320 is still may more than adequate for anything at the moment.

Anyone at Samsung who thinks their software sells phones is an idiot. The Sammy devices are great devices in spite of TouchWiz and all its mostly useless bloatware. Not because of it. Ask any Note 2 owner that is pissed at still being stuck on 4.1 eleven months on.

You seem abnormally cranky today.

Well, the Note 3 is capable of recording UHD (4k) video at 30fps, so I would say you're probably right about the Adreno 330.

Here's a article that might interest you if you are interested in some raw numbers on the Adreno 330 and Snapdragon 800...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7082/...ce-preview-qualcomm-mobile-development-tablet

Developer tablet to give us some sort of notion of how the S800 performs. I'm sure it will be a substantial upgrade over the S600 but man after hearing/reading about the 5420, I really wanted it, don't care much for LTE.

really excited about note 3. dying to move from my aging nexus. I saw sept 25th release, with october being for japan and US. any word on oct date for US release yet?

really excited about note 3. dying to move from my aging nexus. I saw sept 25th release, with october being for japan and US. any word on oct date for US release yet?

I've read on many sites that the phone should be shipping on the 28th Sept on both TMo and ATT.

Samsung has built the perfect phone...

5.7" 1080p Super Amoled display @ 386ppi
2.3Ghz Snapdragon 800 SOC
32GB or 64GB Storage + Expandable
3GB Ram
Bluetooth 4.0
MHL 2.0
UHD Video recording at 30FPS
1080p Video at 60FPS
IR LED
Android 4.3
3200 mAh Swappable Battery

This is my dream phone. Huge screen, beautiful resolution, great specs, expandable memory, and swappable battery.

Having a swappable battery and expandable memory should be standard for phones imo, but for me it's indispensable because I am gone from 6am to 10pm Monday through Friday and I always carry spare batteries with me. Got two batteries and a wall charger on eBay for $10 shipped. Can't beat it.

Phone comes out on September 28th, and my birthday is the 27th. I know what I want!!!

US version comes out in October.

Well since the release is late sept lets hope that the US releases on sprint at least are VERY early October.

Actually, the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 (and likely others, I'm sure) also support 802.11ac. It's going to show up on most high-end phones this year, really. Not to diminish what's still a pretty powerful smartphone.

yea it was mentioned that USA/JAPAN would get it in OCT while rest of world would have em later this month during key note

Anyone else really underwhelmed? I sold my S3 two days ago in hopes of choosing between the Note 3 and going back to iOS when the iPhone 5s comes out.

Samsung is becoming a master at marketing useless features that look really really cool. I feel like my S3 was great at first, but I had problems (slow downs, screen burn) and realized I never used any of the S3 exclusive features.

I was hoping for the Note 3 to have a new Android or something. While the hardware looks pretty awesome, the software really looks no different from a 2011 S2.

Anyone else really underwhelmed? I sold my S3 two days ago in hopes of choosing between the Note 3 and going back to iOS when the iPhone 5s comes out.

Samsung is becoming a master at marketing useless features that look really really cool. I feel like my S3 was great at first, but I had problems (slow downs, screen burn) and realized I never used any of the S3 exclusive features.

I was hoping for the Note 3 to have a new Android or something. While the hardware looks pretty awesome, the software really looks no different from a 2011 S2.

A new Android or something..? :confused:

It's on 4.3 and anything more than that is gravy, IMO. If you don't like the skin, root the phone and put a different ROM on it or something. That can be changed, the hardware can't, so that's what's more important. I'm running Bean's ROM on my Note 2 that makes it look like stock Android, but still keeps all the TW features that I like to use on the phone. If I got the Note 3, I would probably do the same thing.

Im not sure what can be considered under whelming with the note 3, it is the highest end phone right now with the most features. Also how can you ask for a newer version of android when 4.3 is the newest version, 4.4 was JUST anounced!

Note 3 does have a new version of Android (4.3). I'm sure the Note 3 will be supported for a long time to come. Just read that even the S3 will get Android 4.3 in October along with the Note 1 & 2 along with the S4.

Idk how you could be underwhelmed to be honest. The phone's a beast.

SEP 6th for Verizon

ruserios.gif

edit: oh, PRE-orders start the 6th

Actually, the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 (and likely others, I'm sure) also support 802.11ac. It's going to show up on most high-end phones this year, really. Not to diminish what's still a pretty powerful smartphone.
Moto X too

No love for the Sony Xperia Z1? In addition, why don't I see a discussion thread for the Sony Xperia Z1?

No love for the Sony Xperia Z1? In addition, why don't I see a discussion thread for the Sony Xperia Z1?

Very true, you could start one but i think generally people arent excited about sony phones as they tend to skimp out on features and price themselves out of competition.

either way, it should be a phone that is tracked.

Further what are the odds they've fixed the self-imposed bricking of the NFC transfer capabilities in stock TWiz?

Note 3 does have a new version of Android (4.3). I'm sure the Note 3 will be supported for a long time to come. Just read that even the S3 will get Android 4.3 in October along with the Note 1 & 2 along with the S4.

Idk how you could be underwhelmed to be honest. The phone's a beast.

"Supported" like the Note 2 was "supported" with no updates in sight for 11 months or more? 4.3 was dropped over a month ago, and Google is already making noise about 4.4...Yet the s3 and Note2 are still running 4.1

Hopefully Sammy doesn't elect to put off the upgrade again...of course, Sammy wouldn't have as many issues with get updates out if they didn't *insist* on completely rewriting and re-inventing TouchWiz top-to-bottom every single time there is even a minor revision update.

Probably because of the limited carrier support of Sony devices would be my guess.

that was the only post as10 ever made hes probably a paid spammer who doesn't own any galaxy phones.

Very true, you could start one but i think generally people arent excited about sony phones as they tend to skimp out on features and price themselves out of competition.

Their Xperia Tablet Z is selling for $630.

just lol

In fairness, the strong yen is probably killing them. Though I thought they sufficiently devalued that recently.

To me the Sony Honami Z1 is cool, just not amazing, not on my radar. The Note 3 is in a different category, but phones like the LG G2 I like better than the Z1 for it's very thin bezels and full screen, and the rumored Nexus-Five supposedly built off the G2 hardware, but with it's unique design and shape.

For a 5" device the Sony Z1 just seems too big, and doesn't need to be, the huge top and bottom bezels are a turn off to me, much prefer the compact look of the G2 or even S4 over that.

For me, if your looking for a new phone this Fall, I'd go in this order;

- Note 3
- Nexus-Five
- LG G2
- Z1

To me the Sony Honami Z1 is cool, just not amazing, not on my radar. The Note 3 is in a different category, but phones like the LG G2 I like better than the Z1 for it's very thin bezels and full screen, and the rumored Nexus-Five supposedly built off the G2 hardware, but with it's unique design and shape.

For a 5" device the Sony Z1 just seems too big, and doesn't need to be, the huge top and bottom bezels are a turn off to me, much prefer the compact look of the G2 or even S4 over that.

For me, if your looking for a new phone this Fall, I'd go in this order;

- Note 3
- Nexus-Five
- LG G2
- Z1

Sadly only Z1 or Note 3 for me. G2 is nothing to me, and nexus 5 is rumored not to be exactly like the flagships. Though it will be cheaper. At this point Z1 is more compelling, it looks the best out of all the 5" phones out there for me.

Sadly only Z1 or Note 3 for me. G2 is nothing to me, and nexus 5 is rumored not to be exactly like the flagships. Though it will be cheaper. At this point Z1 is more compelling, it looks the best out of all the 5" phones out there for me.

Not only is it compelling, I think the build quality is impeccable. But I always wondered how the update was like, in terms of how Sony keeps up with the new Android updates. I had a Samsung i9000 and I can say I have no faith in Samsung anymore.

that was the only post as10 ever made hes probably a paid spammer who doesn't own any galaxy phones.

I don't know if this was directed at me, but I'm not trying to spam. I just wanted to get some feedback from what users think about the z1. I do own a Galaxy i9000 phone in fact, and it is absolutely horrible in my honest opinion.

Lol. The only Android and Galaxy ive owned is an S3. I bought it outright at launch and plan on buying either the Note 3 or iPhone 5s at launch.

In my experience, I got tired of ios, wanted to try Android, and am dying to go back to iOS. Has anyone here owned both and stayed with Android after at least a year?

Lol. The only Android and Galaxy ive owned is an S3. I bought it outright at launch and plan on buying either the Note 3 or iPhone 5s at launch.

In my experience, I got tired of ios, wanted to try Android, and am dying to go back to iOS. Has anyone here owned both and stayed with Android after at least a year?

I moved from a iPhone 4S to the S3 myself and haven't looked back. The only way i'll go back to iOS is if they go above a 4.5" screen on a iPhone. But fuck that anyway, I can't wait to get a Note 3.

Back