Galaxy GTX 680 @ tigerdirect ($529)

I've been duped there twice, they look in stock and then your order goes to backorder, same thing as compusa since they seem to be the same.

yeah they're liars. lists as "In Stock" then you add it to your cart and it says "Ships in 7-21 days."

The last time i bought anything from them was in 2006, I think? They cheaped out on shipping, so UPS threw a top-of-the-line 7800 GTX at my apartment doorstep for a whole work day while I was out. They couldn't be bothered to pay the extra dollar on their end to require a signature on a $500 video card. Was not impressed.

I keep hearing this a lot about TD and it's why I won't order from them.

It sounds fraudulent to me - if you say it's in stock, it should be in stock - especially if you charge the payment immediately which I hear they do.

Ordered a 680 from them on launch day and it went to backorder within two hours...lol...canceled and got it from the egg

You have to call to cancel the order too, then they transfer you to some person who tries to get you to sign up for a bunch of crap just to get a 20% off coupon on your next order.

The whole thing is just crap

Funny, I got a notification from Newegg that one was in stock. Quickly, within 2 minutes, I logged in, purchased, paid. They took my money. Then two days later, told me 'Sorry, it's OOS, but we'll refund your money in 3-5 business days'. Huh? So my 500 smackers gets to sit in THEIR account for a WEEK, without...any sort of recompense at all?

Such BS.

Anyway, TD isn't the only one pulling this.

Definitely a nice card, putting an Antec 620 on to water cool and O/C it.

Last edited:
Back