Galax Katana Repair

Shadowarez

Gawd
Anyone know the inductor I'd need I have a few spare GPUs both Nvidia and AMD tried looking for board / PCB schematic for the values of the inductors.

This was from a Nearly New card when I did my due diligence in Repasting / Repadding I noticed this right away and thought well sht this aint now new GPU.

It behaves like a Red Headed step child. It works on my x570 itx rig displays picture and work's on my x299 rig it won't post.

Attachments

• 1653930734644.png
    1653930734644.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1653930691103.png
    1653930691103.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1653930629715.png
    1653930629715.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1653930602494.png
    1653930602494.png
    633.5 KB · Views: 0
I was under the impression that the number on the top dictated the type it is. You can pull one form another GPU and use it, iirc.

I have had the heatsinks off numerous GPUs and almost all had that R47 inductor.

Phew thought looked on mouser found one similar in size but if the R47 is not made in a billion diff variety's I can grab one off the Nvidia GPUs I have for spare parts.

The markings on inductors generally indicate the inductance - 470nH in that case.

As long as you get the current rating in the ballpark ( > 15-20A, maybe), and the proper inductance, you should be able to use almost any inductor for that, but I would try hard to get one of the correct size.

Yeah it started to fall apart like mud very odd. It works in my AMD itx test bench but refuses to work on my x299 test bench no Display out.

Tore apart 6 GPUs nothing close to this inductor all are like R21 there is nothing even same size. I'll look for broken 1070 GPUs

Can you measure the dimensions of that inductor with a caliper or ruler and post them? It appears to be a standard size and should be easy to order from mouser or digi key.

Seen some on Mouser / digi key but the values don't match there is one that looks almost identical I'll have to get a proper caliper hoping it arrives soon. I'll chat with Digi key see if they recommend the one I'd found. None of my other GPUs I have have anything close to size of this one checked 8 different GPUs from AMD / Nvidia

You don't need a caliper to measure an exposed inductor like that, a metric ruler is good enough. It will give you a close estimate of the size you need and you can filter them out on Mouser.

Calipers are indeed a nice tool to have, but you don't always need them. I used a metric straight edge ruler for years and years before I bought a digital caliper, and still use the ruler today for parts that aren't in confined spaces.

Il try that soon as I'm back home what gets me is its refusal to post on a x299 rig with a 7900x test bench.

Back