Gah! That is it.... Need a new computer :(

TIWizard

Limp Gawd
After buying an 8500GT from Newegg, my computer doesn't seem to like it... It just won't display anything upon booting.

NOW, my screen is tinted CYAN! It is terribly blinding to look at for hours, and I do a lot of programming/reading...

My motherboard has also been recalled because of the integrated graphics, and I suspect the cyan tint has something to do with that... Of course, I don't fall under the requirements for the extended warrenty... In short, I need a new computer.

My budget is around $700, and I preferably from a reputable seller. My parents are kind of picky about buying from online builders, such as AVA Direct (otherwise I have a build that would work perfectly)

Is there a computer out there for $700 or less that is quad core, has 3GB+ RAM, and has a REAL video card?

I would be doing a little gaming, mainly Battlefield 2 and Rainbow 6 Vegas. If there was a way, I would love to be able to play games like COD4, Crysis, etc on low-medium quality at mid-resolutions... I am not picky :)

I have seen a few HP Pavilions with quad cores that I can upgrade with a ATI 4850 and a PSU, but I would prefer to have it run out of the box without upgrades. However, upgrading is an option.

This forum is been great help, and thanks for helping me with all of my problems. :)

I'd suggest spending the 30 bucks and going to Vista Home Premium. Business won't have some of the Media toys and whatnot I don't believe.

I already have a boxed copy of Ultimate, so it shouldn't be a problem :)

Oh, and would the default 350W PSU be able to handle a 9800GT?

Oh, and would the default 350W PSU be able to handle a 9800GT?

I don't know. Can't find any info at all who makes that PSU and how much amperage there is on the +12V rail. Until I can confirm those facts, I cannot say that 350W PSU can handle the 9800GT.

I don't know. Can't find any info at all who makes that PSU and how much amperage there is on the +12V rail. Until I can confirm those facts, I cannot say that 350W PSU can handle the 9800GT.

A good 350W PSU can handle a non-OC'd quad and 9800GT. With GPU/CPU at stock clocks, 2 sticks of ram, one HD, and one optical should be right at 250W. Add any extra's such as additional drives and fans from there. You are going to be on the edge if you add to much. Upgrading the PSU would be a wise idea but it can do it if the system isn't overly filled but I wouldn't really suggest doing so.

A good 350W PSU can handle a non-OC'd quad and 9800GT.

Yeah, that's why I need to know the manufacturer and amperage on the +12V rail so that I can determine whether or not that 350W PSU is a good quality 350W PSU

Back