• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gabe Newell Interview

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
There is an interview with Gabe Newell posted today in audio, text and PDF formats for those of you interested. Thanks to Phoenix333 for the heads up!

Killsmith asks: ‘Valve has to be aware of the graphical bugs with the recent Half-Life 2/Episode One engine update: everything from screwed up skyboxes to missing facial animations to strange pseudo-HDR behavior. Will you guys be fixing these issues and when? We would like to play HL2 and the episodes again in their full glory before you release Episode 3 next month.’

Newell: (laughs) Ah yes, we’re going to fix them. When Eric [Smith] gets he can be more concrete about the delivery date for that since he’s the one who would know. Yeah, we always are going to be keeping these things up to date and fix problems that either arise or that we create ourselves!
 
tl;dr:

There is no mention of a real Episode 3 release date.
 
is valve the next EA?

Can't comment on that, but one thing is for sure: HL Episode 3 is already taking Duke Nukem Forever's place, especially since DNF is coming out this year!
 
Who else remembers why they claimed to be switching to episodic releases?

Ironically they claimed it was so they could release new episodes every 18 months instead of it taking years to bring anything new to the market. LOL!
 
Who else remembers why they claimed to be switching to episodic releases?

Ironically they claimed it was so they could release new episodes every 18 months instead of it taking years to bring anything new to the market. LOL!

I don't remember them specifically stating 18 months, but I do remember "more content in less time", which is hilarious at this point, since it's actually less content in more time...
 
Silus,

Unfortunately I remember them saying 18 months, my brain is full of "useful" information like that, which explains why there is not enough room for me to remember doctors appointments, mortage payments, my wife's birthday and other unimportant information. LOL!
 
I think I recall the 18 month statement as well.

The "episode 3 next month" comment definitely made me click the link as well. Is Steve on the website's payroll? :mad:
 
I'm so far past caring about HL:EP3 at this point, I don't care if it ever comes out. Laugh it up Gabe, you guys screwed the pooch with your stupid "episodic" gaming scheme.
 
I'm so far past caring about HL:EP3 at this point, I don't care if it ever comes out. Laugh it up Gabe, you guys screwed the pooch with your stupid "episodic" gaming scheme.

He is laughing, all the way to the bank.
 
Ep3 dev team is too busy laughing their asses off at the MMORPG TF2 Hat dev team and probably taking the piss to develop Ep3.
 
More shit nobody cares about.

geethanks.png
 
you have to ask, wtf are they doing? I'd expect them to rewrite engines for HL3, not EP3. This is taking as long as a complete rewrite though. All they need to do is look at 3drealms to see that that shit does not work.
 
Back
Top