G80 to release in September?

StalkerZER0 said:
omg please don't make me vomit!! :rolleyes:
MS made dx10 able to only to run on vista........just to make it only on vista. They want people to upgrade. Don't tell me they can't come out with a dx10 version that will be able to run on xp pleaseeeeeee! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that's the way it's going to be.

Microsoft Corp., the world’s largest maker of software, will not release next-generation graphics application programming interface (API) called DirectX 10 for the currently shipping Windows XP operating system (OS), instead, the company will keep the new API strictly for the forthcoming Windows Vista OS, despite earlier assumptions about DirectX 10 for the XP.

During a DirectX 10-related event in London, UK, Richard Huddy, ATI Technologies’ software developers relations chief, said that Microsoft’s Vista will integrate DirectX 10 and DirectX 9 APIs for different types of hardware, but the current Windows XP will not get DirectX 10 support, as suggested some rumours earlier. For end users this means that to get the most advantages of the new-generation graphics processing units (GPUs), the new OS will be required.

http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=17278

StalkerZER0 said:
Ya I already read that. But that doesn't change the fact that the only reason they are making sure DX10 only runs on vista is to "encourage" the market to upgrade to vista. It has nothing to do with XP not being able to handle it. That is just ridiculous! :mad:

It's called marketing and that's why Microsoft is aka the evil empire(so is EA lol)

Seriously there's no REASON to upgrade until Vista comes out AND there's more than 2 games supporting dx10 so chill baby.

spaceman said:
It's called marketing and that's why Microsoft is aka the evil empire(so is EA lol)

Seriously there's no REASON to upgrade until Vista comes out AND there's more than 2 games supporting dx10 so chill baby.

When you say "baby" I hope you were just using slang and not actually calling me a baby. Cause then...........it would be war. :|
I would be then forced to challenge you to a duel to the death in the online FPS game of your choice. :cool:

StalkerZER0 said:
When you say "baby" I hope you were just using slang and not actually calling me a baby. Cause then...........it would be war. :|
I would be then forced to challenge you to a duel to the death in the online FPS game of your choice. :cool:

Chill out... you baby :)

Bring it... CS:S?

StalkerZER0 said:
Ya I already read that. But that doesn't change the fact that the only reason they are making sure DX10 only runs on vista is to "encourage" the market to upgrade to vista. It has nothing to do with XP not being able to handle it. That is just ridiculous! :mad:
Dude what are you a commie? It's capitalism. Move to Cuba if you don't like it. If I were a MS shareholder I would be pleased with this. I understand the frustration but please try to be *rational* for just a moment.

What does it matter if it runs on XP or not. By the time games are really using it's advantages, you'll have already upgraded your rig and will have a DX10 card and the top of the line Vista OS.

MrGuvernment said:
Exactly, with the cheap resistors being used on the cards and such, but i think that is more 3rd party problems and not NVIDIA, since NVIDIA isnt making the cards their GPU's go into...

I disagree, the G71 issues are squarly on Nvidias lap. All the cards are built by Flextronics, and the BFG's,eVGA,Leadtech, etc.,etc., slap their decal on the cooler, and possibly tweak the bios a little (and act as an insulator to Nvidia in regards to warranty). Since Nvidia decided on which company to sub-contract too, and was responsible for the cards initial design. Since there are as many , or more "stock" cards having issues, as overclocked ones, it's not the suppliers.

^^ thanks for the clarification, i wasnt aware of that, i had thought each company made their own cards - NVIDIA simply supplied the core to the maker and thus it wasnt NVIDIA's fualt these companies were using bad parts.

Manoj said:
Come on guys. Lets just relax and stick to the topic.

It was a J O K E....

Besides, I want to slap somone around in CS:S :p

MrGuvernment said:
^^ thanks for the clarification, i wasnt aware of that, i had thought each company made their own cards - NVIDIA simply supplied the core to the maker and thus it wasnt NVIDIA's fualt these companies were using bad parts.

But the sub-contractor has to meet the design parameters, no one knows if this was done. In fact, nobody knows what the true prob. is at this point, design or components. Mine were manufactured after this issue became apparent, and the voltage circuits use different brand components than the original cards. But I lost one to the same prob, after 1.5 hours of stress testing at stock speeds....

I have 3 original eVGA 7900GTX EGS's. They aren't OC'd from eVGA, but each of mine are OC'd and I've never had a problem with them. They are all going back for 7950GX2's though.

Ockie said:
Chill out... you baby :)

Bring it... CS:S?

Sounds cool. Although I haven't had much practice with that particular game even though funny enough its on my PC. Maybe weekend. Just gimme a server ip. :p

Riptide_NVN said:
Dude what are you a commie? It's capitalism. Move to Cuba if you don't like it. If I were a MS shareholder I would be pleased with this. I understand the frustration but please try to be *rational* for just a moment.

The evil stoopid version of capitalism you mean! Thats why laws were created to stop monopolies and move capitalism away from its primitive dark ages. Yet, here we go again with the same crap!
Rational?? There is nothing rational about maintaining a monopoly to keep this stupid bureaucratic primitive mess of an OS (or OSes plural) on top of the market. And no I'm not an apple OS X fan boy or of linux.

If i remember correctly, they will be releasing a new version of Direct X for windows XP alongside vista and DX10, DX9L, i think.. I dont remember exactly, but it is supposed to be written to give windows XP users the same features as vista. im not sure exactly. Even if they dont, people wont be forced to upgrade, you just wont have some of the advanced features the cards you will buy will offer. And windows XP CANT handle DX10,.because the coding for DX10 is completely different from what XP uses, its a completely different type of programming for Vista, because of what MS was trying to do with Vista. Forcing an upgrade after 5 years of one OS isnt bad.. 5 years per OS at 200-300 dollars for upgrade/fullversion is nothing compaired to what some people spend on Video cards every six to eight months.

RaphaelVinceti said:
If i remember correctly, they will be releasing a new version of Direct X for windows XP alongside vista and DX10, DX9L, i think.. I dont remember exactly, but it is supposed to be written to give windows XP users the same features as vista. im not sure exactly. Even if they dont, people wont be forced to upgrade, you just wont have some of the advanced features the cards you will buy will offer. And windows XP CANT handle DX10,.because the coding for DX10 is completely different from what XP uses, its a completely different type of programming for Vista, because of what MS was trying to do with Vista. Forcing an upgrade after 5 years of one OS isnt bad.. 5 years per OS at 200-300 dollars for upgrade/fullversion is nothing compaired to what some people spend on Video cards every six to eight months.

Direct X version 9L ? Can this be confirmed?

If you search around on google you come up with alot of websites talking about it, but i couldnt find the original article i read on it. It might not be for XP, but im pretty sure it is.

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread. But on a side note to primitive versions of capitalism.... I find it interesting to note that countries not familiar with capitalism but that still want to be a part of "the global economy" :rolleyes: are adopting primitive forms of capitalism. Case in point: China.
They find it easier to deal with capitalism by adopting some of the early forms of it that didn't have any laws protecting workers. Anybody read the articles about the ipod sweatshops in china yet? Its only like all over the net by now.
The poor workers work 15 hour shifts and only make $50.00 a month. And during the day they work under the pressure of military style drills.

Horrifying!
Before I wasn't going to buy a ipod because of the non-upgradeable battery. I'm never buying one now! :mad:

Before the admins swarm in on this please start a thread about this in an apple section or appropriate section and post the link here. Or is there a thread about this already?

Back