• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

G5 Mouse Stutters?

Zorn

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
452
I just got the G5 mouse, and whenever I plug it in and turn the sensitivity setting to 3 (highest), the mouse will just stutter around the screen and it is unusable. I can't make complete circles or anything, it just skips and stutters. This also happens if I install any Setpoint driver AT ALL. If I put the driver in, the mouse will automatically stutter and skip no matter what setting its on.

I have tried the latest 2.47 Setpoint and also the 2.42 that came on the CD. My firmware is also the most current, 1.1.

Any ideas for what is making the mouse stutter like this?
 
Your USB or mobo drivers up to date? That's what fixed some mousing problems for me in the past.

Have you tried a different surface? Try something smoother and something rougher than what you're using now and see what happens.
 
It's not the surface, and I've tried reformatting the computer and it still happens. Anytime I go into the top sensitivity mode, the mouse just skips and stuttters, like if I try to make circles with the mouse, it will not do it. It can't like start going left as its going up and down, and it is just unusable.
 
wondering if it could be your usb port? have you tried moving the mouse to another usb slot or even using a powered hub? On a older machine I use to run had to get a hub cause I was running way too many usb things.. took care of 99.9% of my problems
 
I've tried every USB port on the system, and even tried a powered USB hub. Same results, if I either put it on the highest DPI setting, or install the Setpoint driver whatsoever, the mouse will stutter and skip and be unusable.

Very odd that this continues despite having reformatted.

The only thing I can think of is this mouse is somehow defective, but that has never once been the answer to any tech problem of mine in history.
 
Can't tell you why your G5 stutters... but I've had mine since the first day it's been out, and I've never had a single stutter. By the way, I'm mousing on a wood grain desk without a mouse pad. I've also downloaded the firmware update from Logitech.
 
thats truley bizzare ... is there anything around the lazer? dirt, dust? hair? had that problem with optical mice before..

only thing I can think of is the mouse itself is in error. Id contact logitech and rma the puppy.

do keep us informed on this.. if its happening to you may happen to others
 
I think this mouse has problems with some mousepads. On my fUnc 1030, it wouldnt work on the rough side, but it works perfectly on the smooth side.
 
how fast are you moving the mouse, because when im in high sensitivity it starts to skip when i move it at a fast rate. Also try it on a white piece of paper, if you haven't already, it reads perfect on that.
 
I had similar problems and I resolved them by selecting "Setpoint implementation" under the speed and acceleration settings. If you have OS implementation checked, I've seen this same problem on my mouse. Then again you said you cannot install setpoint, so this may help others.
 
Back
Top