G35 V P35

PC N3WB

Limp Gawd
At first i thought the G35 was a spelling mistake for the P35 but after hearing that it is an intel chipset not a spelling error i was wondering what is the difference between the two chipsets??

G35 is MATX where P35 is ATX. G35 (or G33 and G31) are usually used in SFF builds.

I'm not certain (others can probably chime in), but I believe you do make some sacrifices for the smaller board as opposed to the full size P35. Likely it'll be in Power Management and cooling.

Given that, trying to run a Q6600 will probably cause you some problems if you try and hit 3.6 with it. You'd be putting a lot of strain on the NB (which probably isn't cooled very well) and on the MoBo as a whole.

G35 is MATX where P35 is ATX. G35 (or G33 and G31) are usually used in SFF builds.

Wrong. Only difference is G series has graphics integrated. All of them can be any size. A motherboard manufacturer just has little reason to make an E-ATX G31 board.

Intel chipset names have nothing to do with form factor, just features.

The G33/G35 boards actually overclock really well, which is unusual for an Intel IGP chipset.

I'm waiting for the G45 boards, with onboard graphics that can help decode/encode HD video content. :D

If you cant wait, and don't mind AMD, the 780G chipset boards have onboard graphics that do HD decode/encode quite well, too.

5400b, looks like someone beat me to it.

I take it, it is the only board with that chipset that is going to be produced or is Intel planning on releasing it to the slightly lower high end market??

sorry Dan didnt see your post

I take it, it is the only board with that chipset that is going to be produced or is Intel planning on releasing it to the slightly lower high end market??

sorry Dan didnt see your post

Tons of boards with that chipset, all of them workstation or server boards.

Back